Do Owls have symbolic meaning

Owls are spirit animals is emblematic of deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. When this animal guides you you can see beyond the illusion and deceit.

attachicon.gif1535444_10203472874245430_115329861_n.jpgWe're looking after this little bloke who we found in our garden 2 months ago with a broken wing. Thai wife feeds him pigs liver and gives him water and calcium (with a syringe). Wife doesn't know of any symbolism or omen regarding him. Anyway he is a pet now as won't survive alone.

attachicon.gif1982237_10203366261540179_437247774_n.jpgattachicon.gif10003270_10203378496326041_2046480347_n.jpgattachicon.gif1911878_10203398840994645_1296473460_n.jpgattachicon.gif10155281_10203664542237010_874161853120911954_n.jpgattachicon.gif10151198_10203530870615303_208433140_n.jpg

In the animistic beliefs of the north, it is a harbinger of death.

That belief is quite widespread.

yes my wife is from the south and believes the same nonsense.

That particular species is not nocturnal, rather diurnal. A beautiful animal. The locals have intentionally killed them off around where I live, so maybe there is some superstition about them.

They've also eradicated all the mongoose. But they ate those.

The owl is the symbol of Chumphae municipality, Khon Kaen. I doubt, even the good burghers of Isaan would have chosen it if it was considered unlucky.

Regarding the pet owl. I understand that an owl's digestive systems requires 'roughage' in the form of fur, feathers, bones and the hard parts of insects that are later regurgitated as pellets. Make sure that you include some bits and pieces in the diet.

• Like 1

That particular species is not nocturnal, rather diurnal. A beautiful animal. The locals have intentionally killed them off around where I live, so maybe there is some superstition about them.

Hi HeijoshinCool. Are you referring to the op's photo or my new houseguest? Maybe I'm wrong but they look like 2 different species

The owl is the symbol of Chumphae municipality, Khon Kaen. I doubt, even the good burghers of Isaan would have chosen it if it was considered unlucky.

Regarding the pet owl. I understand that an owl's digestive systems requires 'roughage' in the form of fur, feathers, bones and the hard parts of insects that are later regurgitated as pellets. Make sure that you include some bits and pieces in the diet.

Hi tahaan. Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure we add some roughage to his meals

In the animistic beliefs of the north, it is a harbinger of death.

That belief is quite widespread.

yes my wife is from the south and believes the same nonsense.

I remember seeing an owl by the moat in chiang mai one evening years ago. Pointed it out to my thai gf and quickly we had changed direction and were walking away from it. It was considered bad luck and also it could be the ghost of someone one who had committed suicide I was told. My gf was not happy that I had pointed it out. What fools we farang are!

Impressive, cool pets you lot have! Must be hard when they go to bed and they wear little owl pyjamas? How do you know if you tucked them in when they dont have necks? An owl neck detection device would help which is just a stick with a little arrow on it. Then you would know.

Hi HeijoshinCool. Are you referring to the op's photo or my new houseguest? Maybe I'm wrong but they look like 2 different species

Op's. Asian barred owlet.