Birthday options that I can post

y2k

Flowers

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I've sent flowers by flowers2thailand.com, about 1000-1500 baht for an arrangement delivered on the day you want, and you can order the same day. I was very happy with them, they also have some stuffed animals and such. Made a nice impact to have them delivered to her place of work unexpected.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western Union is a very good idea since most Thais badly need cash. If you want to spice it up a bit also send a night gown in the mail or a lovely dress. Just ask for her measurements. I sent my girlfriend $300.00, she was thrilled. I couldn't believe it would be enough to get everything she needed but it was more than enough. Even $100.00 is a weeks wages.

Sounds easy enough. I'll think about if I don't get any better suggestions. I'm still a traditionalist and prefer to give a gift than cash though.

Send her flowers.

I did it a time ago.

She was stunned...

For around $100 AU doll . Interflora will do the job nicely.

It was delivered to her business shop on time and even I was surprised how nice flowers they delivered.

She is with me now in BKK and she always remember this event.

Not true Thai's do not care about birthday.On 8 of ladies I asked about it 8 care about birthday.....

Sounds easy enough. I'll think about if I don't get any better suggestions. I'm still a traditionalist and prefer to give a gift than cash though.

A mailed gift is one likely to be a gift to someone you don't know.

Even two t-shirts and an old pediatric stethoscope which was a gift for a young lady (age 11) who liked the idea of becoming a doctor was stolen. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that can be sent safely is a letter.

Never try to sneak cash in, the post offices in Thailand and other Asian countries including the Philippines have dogs whose purpose is to sniff out cash. Seriously. Many have sent books with cash in and the recipient (if they received the book) receive it without the cash.

They scalp you 10% for sending the cash but don't say how much they rob you at the receiving end.

That must be an Australian scalping. In Singapore, Western Union charges a sliding flat rate of $10+ dollars. Last week I sent an Indonesian friend $500 that she left behind at her maid agency because she can't get back into Singapore, and the charge was $12 .... nothing close to the $50 you're talking about. Of course, if you're sending $100-120, then a $10 fee looks ridiculous. Note that they also make some quid off the exchange rate.

Here's a World Bank site I've used in Singapore that shows the fees for different companies including WU: http://remittanceprices.worldbank.org/en/corridor/Singapore/Thailand

For some reason, when you drop in Australia as the sender's location, Thailand isn't one of the locations listed for receiving countries. So maybe you're paying a special fee for countries outside their usual service sectors... Strange.

• Like 1

This flowers thing,well i bought my now wife,then girlfriend flowers on Valentines day,she was not overly impressed,i don't think thai ladies really equate flowers with romance,however gold or money would have been assured to make her happy,but to be original i am sticking to my first suggestion lingerie, as this is something you can both enjoy,another possibility would be if she has a dog, a framed photo of the dog, they like this,i noticed the other day,our dogs framed photo has superceded mine in the cabinet of wonders,that my wife has[lots of glasses from tesco,plastic plates with her and her sons photos on, a mini tea set ect],and now the dog's photo at the forefront,whilst mine has been relegated to the dusty and dark corners.

• Like 1

Dont know what your G/f does for a living, or whete she is, but bare in mind, people in rural areas earn around 10k a month. So giving 3k is more than a weeks wages.

Not sure where you got 10K a month from. Many poor rural Thais are lucky to ear 3000 a month!

Google "flower delivery thailand" and you find many Thai based sites that allow reliable ordering of flowers and asd-on presents.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't tried that. Hope they're cheaper than Interflora.

you want to send her a present but then to be a cheap charlie i am getting confused here...if you wanna do it just do it..while you are not here you are saving a lot of money me thinks..

If your love interest is in Bangkok the chances are she will not receive the gift you send.. too many light fingers in the delivery process! Thai people do not put too much significance in receiving gifts at birthday time. They just prefer to have another party with there friends or family. I am also an aussie with a love interest in Thailand and I said I would send something for her birthday last year...She told me that she had never celebrated her birthday before, so I said I would send some money to have a party and to buy something nice for herself. so I sent 200.00 $ she had a party and bought some nice underwear which earlier this year when I came to see her she invited me to remove. Lol. she also asked me when I left when was my birthday this year! she was very happy with the money of course and in tears as no one had ever done something like that for her before...I am registered with western union and the cost was 35.00 to send she received it immediately after sending her the mtcn via sms....whether I am a mug or not doesn't matter it felt good to make her day either way and the smile and warm reception I get when I see her makes it worthwhile..

Yes I'm fast going off the idea of sending something parcel-wise. Probably best to stick to a card and wire transfer to be followed by by a gift in person. General consensus seems to be that Thai women don't expect birthday gifts and Thai post is unreliable. Western Union rips us off so I'll have to ask for her bank details.

Cash! Cash is alway a winner, send it western union , tell her to go treat herself and show you the pictures of what she did or bought with it.

Explain its better than sending something that might get lost etc but for her to know you are thinking of her.

You are the man Charlie, CASH CASH CASH, she will love you forever she will gamble it all on LOTTO, ha ha ha

I can't find out their rate but to wire $100Aud incurs a $12 Aud fee. More than Western Union.

Just found that my bank will charge $20 to wire same to a bank account. Gits.

Last gift I got my TGF was a dermaroller and she loved it, first off she didn't know what to to with it but after a couple views on YouTube she understood what it is used for and supposedly does, she reckons its works for her and I agree with her........makes her happy and for 6 bucks I can't complain.

Thai women love beauty products so maybe a pedicure/manicure kit or a hair straightener, perfumes a bit hit and miss or the last option and most expensive, gold, never go wrong.

I'm gonna get ripped apart for posting this

Posting gold to Thailand... Ripped apart.......... Deservedly so! :-P
yeah never posted gold but just mentioning some inexpensive gifts that were handed over in person that were well received, and to the OP if your going to give her gold make sure you buy it in Thailand because she will know the quality

Thais mostly don't bother with birthdays so why should you ? biggrin.png

The present depends on the one of interest. If that one is a Lady boy maybe some boob hormone cream and a new mimi dress with matching wig

If otherwise, a lady always likes money so wire her all your money and save yourself the trip here to let her/him/it clean you out.

You are in serious need of growing up if you can't figure this one out on your own. What are you; 18 with mama still making your decisions for you? Better grow up a lot before getting involved with any item of interest here. Money is all they are after then a big house they can brag to their friends their farang bought for them

The present depends on the one of interest. If that one is a Lady boy maybe some boob hormone cream and a new mimi dress with matching wig

If otherwise, a lady always likes money so wire her all your money and save yourself the trip here to let her/him/it clean you out.

You are in serious need of growing up if you can't figure this one out on your own. What are you; 18 with mama still making your decisions for you? Better grow up a lot before getting involved with any item of interest here. Money is all they are after then a big house they can brag to their friends their farang bought for them

Jeez,did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning,or is it pmt?

Jeez,did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning,or is it pmt?
Too much of the wrong king of hormones.
  • Like 1

If you want to post her something, try sending her a small Buddha statue...that is if she's Buddhist but that's like asking is the pope a Catholic. You can back it up with some Western Union cash so she can go on a shopping spree. Buddha & money, you can't go wrong.