50200---post offices

purushanti

Does anyone know if the international mail for Chiang Mai 50200 (which I am presuming comes thru

BKK)---- is forwarded to just one post office in 50200, and then redistributed from there to others?

I am thinking perhaps I could sove the repeating problem of missing mail, by signing up for a post ofice

box at some main teminal, thus cutting down thenumber of people handling the mail.

I have checked at my apartment, and feel they are doing a professional job there with mail delivery.

And never a problem with packages at the apartment, because the PO insists we must sign for them.

So far the missing includes two social security letter, a Thai immigration letter, and a birthday card.

Thanks for your help. I am in Tambon Suthep, Amphur Muang.

I'm also in 50200. Never had a problem with deliveries; bank statements keep coming with monotonous regularity, overseas newspaper is sometimes delayed, but no problems.

I don't know how the postman finds his way around a lot of these back streets and sois with the same number, esp on the west side of Canal Rd.

I am in post code 50230, and I had some letters late from Canada as sometime people forgot to write Thailand or in some commercial letters with a window the "Thailand" does not show properly,and the Post Office sorting system sent the letter to Iowa in the US and they have the same 50230 Post Code ( zip code in USA).

I know because some were delivered a few month later.

I've had a few arrive with a rubber stamp "mis-sent to Vietnam",

Can't blame the Thais for those, as they would have been sent from Australia.

I have never received a letter at my home which is in Tambon Haiya. Have had letters sent from Chiang Mai, Bangkok and overseas. Nothing arrived. To test the system I sent myself a letter, same result. Gave up and got a post box and everything gets there. I guess it is just the luck of the draw - my postman must enjoy reading my mail.