Khok Kloi Rentals

Alfa

I live on the east coast near Koh Samui but sometimes I want to come to the west coast to swim there the water is cleaner. I've heard that the beaches near KHOK KLOI area very nice and quite. There are only few expensive hotels to stay. I wonder if DO YOU KNOW ANY CHEAP AND QUITE PLACE TO RENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY to stay in that area or close to this area, between the Phuket bridge and Thai Mueang at the north. A place maybe a town-house up to 3-4 km to the beach or preferable near the beach. I live far away but i'll go there and try again. I have hope to find a place soon.

Difficult to arrange something like that from a distance. If you ask around a bit in Khokkloy about houses for rent, you'll soon get lots of proposals. In case you don't speak much Thai, it would be good if somebody comes along who can. Almost surely the house will be unfurnished, but you can buy cheap furniture locally. If you don't know anybody in the area, somebody like a noodle shop lady could be a good starting point. You could also drive/ride around looking for signs saying for rent or rather ให้เช่า (for rent in general) or ห้องพัก (more like a room for rent, could also be a bungalow though), most signs in Thai because it is not a tourist area.

Edited by keestha

Thanks a lot. I shall come back with a new topic about Khok Kloi . I think there are nice and quite beaches what I've seen in the google map. It can be relaxing to sitt there under a tree shadow and read a book or write a book, why not. For example about the Universe. I am fascinated about the Universe but still can not understand the meaning of it's SIZE. Very abstract.

I actually cycled from Chalong to Thai Mueng and back today, taking the coast road after Sarasin and bypassing Khok Kloi. Certainly near the beach, there are quite a few upmarket resorts, and private villas. One place I found particularly attractive is the 8 to 10km of beach north of Thai Mueng in a national park. Very nice, and I did see a few 'for rent' signs around the place. Only around 15Km from Khok Kloi, so would be worthwhile basing yourself there in the short term to find somewhere suitable.

post-62520-0-62359700-1399212102_thumb.j

post-62520-0-50738300-1399212152_thumb.j

post-62520-0-13713300-1399212178_thumb.j

• Like 2

I actually cycled from Chalong to Thai Mueng and back today, taking the coast road after Sarasin and bypassing Khok Kloi. Certainly near the beach, there are quite a few upmarket resorts, and private villas. One place I found particularly attractive is the 8 to 10km of beach north of Thai Mueng in a national park. Very nice, and I did see a few 'for rent' signs around the place. Only around 15Km from Khok Kloi, so would be worthwhile basing yourself there in the short term to find somewhere suitable.

I noticed those sign's when we were there, warning about the danger of swimming in the sea with box jellyfish

Which do not exist in Phuket as far as the authorities and people in the dive industry are concerned thumbsup.gif

NKL, I think the poster is more apt to get killed by a raging swarm of bees than a box jelly. So should he not rent up there because there might be a bee hive nearby?

OP, that does look like a quiet, peaceful area but what are you,, a writer? You need the seclusion? For me, I'd get terribly bored.

I was in the same area 2 weeks ago, just before Thai Muang. Managed to find a beach there, nobody to be seen, could park the car right on the beach, go for a swim, and the whole time nobody in sight either way or in the water.

I'm sure that any car ride there would yield many places fore rent at very low prices.

The beachfront in that area is visually very pleasing......but one of the reasons for that is that in many places the water gets deep right off the beach and often there is a bit of a current, so not so suitable for swimming, hence not too much tourism development yet.

Edited by keestha

The beachfront in that area is visually very pleasing......but one of the reasons for that is that in many places the water gets deep right off the beach and often there is a bit of a current, so not so suitable for swimming, hence not too much tourism development yet.

Very good point keestha. Right now we are seeing some high season weather so I'm sure it looks calm. But I'll bet that water get dangerous in low season and there's no one around to save anybody in trouble !

I noticed those sign's when we were there, warning about the danger of swimming in the sea with box jellyfish

Which do not exist in Phuket as far as the authorities and people in the dive industry are concerned thumbsup.gif

NKL, I think the poster is more apt to get killed by a raging swarm of bees than a box jelly. So should he not rent up there because there might be a bee hive nearby?

OP, that does look like a quiet, peaceful area but what are you,, a writer? You need the seclusion? For me, I'd get terribly bored.

I suggest you take a trip up and read the sign, it was put up for a reason by local authority's

You get killed in USA by imported african bee's not in Thailand, got a swarm of local bee's in

the garden and they are friendly

I wonder how long this post will last clap2.gif

I suggest you take a trip up and read the sign, it was put up for a reason by local authority's

You get killed in USA by imported african bee's not in Thailand, got a swarm of local bee's in

the garden and they are friendly

I wonder how long this post will last clap2.gif

NKL, been through that area many times. Maybe the point I was trying to make wasn't clear with the bee analogy. Box jellies should be low on the "can't live there" totem pole. Box jellies tend to like that brown mangrove water and you don't really swim in that water anyway.

More of a concern to the OP I think is keestha's post, come low season that water will turn dangerous.

• Like 1

Keestha is right, the water is deep close to the beach in that area, also in the north of phuket past the airport

Box jellfish do not like brown dirty water, they like the mangroves in monsoon season because the water is

protected and calm, once the monsoon is over they return to the open beaches as the water is calm and you

can find them in less than 15CM of water, anywhere from the northern beaches of Australia to the seas past phuket

and all areas in between, coming from the USA you have probably never met or seen pictures of a person stung by a box jellyfish,

The larger types stings are so painfull people die of shock and the small ones no bigger than your thumbnail their

poison paralize your lungs so you cannot breath, Thats why at all Australian beaches where they can be found there

are signs up warning people not to enter the water the same as at beaches north of phuket here

When the seas are calm there is no way i would swim at ocean beaches here, i have met a person who was stung

and survived a box jellyfish sting

Swim in a swiming pool when the seas are calm and rough that way you will not be stung or drown, all the resort hotels have large

sized swimming pools and thats where most of the guests do their swiimming

• Like 1

Every year the beaches and sea there are full with millions of jellyfishes. Box jellys i don't know but possible. 8-9 month of the year swimming there is only reserved for insane guys who love current and jellies.

Edited by schlog