Making Big Money With Only 5 rai And Rainfed.

They tried it behind me for a few years.

I don't think it worked out for them....

It certainly didn't work out for me as every now and again they spread chicken shit and I was infested with flies.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mate in loei grows them as with his neighbours and he doesn't do anything for nothing.

They pick and have a stall off their land on a busy road to sell.

Pretty sure he did tell me you need acidic soils to suit pinnaple growing.(it is also hillside land.

Now you see David48 ? Why i can't be bothered to start a new topic introducing some money making ideas ? so boring with all the debate (yawn~* )... That's why i prefered to keep to myself and laugh all the way to the bank.

Redbull you are clearly an exeptional business man but your endless and repeated bragging about how wonderful you are is nausiating. Try a little humility.

Also try and convince us that your claim of 20Baht/kilo wholesale is not the fantasy I say it is.

Anyone can claim great profits by using an unrealistic selling price so please prove yours. If you can't then stop claiming to be the saviour of all those you think not as clever as yourself.

Why should i ? Convince you ? No...that way my neighbour and us those who are making money can live in peace. I think i made a mistake starting this topic.

Me a saviour ? No... why should i help you guys. I am happier laughing out loud...

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A mate in loei grows them as with his neighbours and he doesn't do anything for nothing.

They pick and have a stall off their land on a busy road to sell.

Pretty sure he did tell me you need acidic soils to suit pinnaple growing.(it is also hillside land.

Indeed! a box in the main market is another great option.

Now you see David48 ? Why i can't be bothered to start a new topic introducing some money making ideas ? so boring with all the debate (yawn~* )... That's why i prefered to keep to myself and laugh all the way to the bank.

Redbull you are clearly an exeptional business man but your endless and repeated bragging about how wonderful you are is nausiating. Try a little humility.

Also try and convince us that your claim of 20Baht/kilo wholesale is not the fantasy I say it is.

Anyone can claim great profits by using an unrealistic selling price so please prove yours. If you can't then stop claiming to be the saviour of all those you think not as clever as yourself.

Why should i ? Convince you ? No...that way my neighbour and us those who are making money can live in peace. I think i made a mistake starting this topic.

Me a saviour ? No... why should i help you guys. I am happier laughing out loud...

Why should i ? Convince you ? Because in your OP you offered The Humble Pineapple as a way for other people to make big money. If you cannot prove your claim then you are a liar. if you can I apologize and will donate 10,000 to my local children's home. I am aware wholesale prices are probably published online in Thai only so a link to that website would be sufficient. I am not looking for just todays price which could be 20 baht but an average over the last 12 months which comes close to your claim

I am not sure if the OP is suggesting that foreigners should engage in farming? Or is this advice for Thais? How many Thais read TV?

Just so it is clear for all TV members: It is forbidden for any foreigner to engage in farming in Thailand!

Farming is strictly reserved for Thais.

Why should i ? Convince you ? Because in your OP you offered The Humble Pineapple as a way for other people to make big money. If you cannot prove your claim then you are a liar. if you can I apologize and will donate 10,000 to my local children's home. I am aware wholesale prices are probably published online in Thai only so a link to that website would be sufficient. I am not looking for just todays price which could be 20 baht but an average over the last 12 months which comes close to your claim

I don't find the need to prove anything... you can call me what you want. I presented the fact that this had work out well for my neighbour, might not work for you...

Who cares how much you donate to your local beer bar.

This topic has almost deginerated into pissing contest, which after reading thru it, I can understand.

I have been exposed to farmers, businessmen, gamblers, scam artists, and other self proclaimed experts for several decades here in Thailand and the real world. The one thing I have picked up is, there is no single answer to the questions raised about the success of others. If you want a snappy answer, ask a cattle rancher ''how many cows do you have'', the answer may be in the form of a question, ''how much money do you have in your accounts''? Farmers seem willing to tell the weight gain of chickens, fish, cattle , sheep, etc and even the selling price/kilo or pound, but expect them to embllish the truth a little, thus bragging is not required. With the education/experience of farm experts around the world, if they could make a comfortable living off of 10 acres/hectors, rai, why would they want to work 14 to 16 hours per day to farm 1000, or more.They could sell franchises and be multi millionaires or patent their secerts, or have a monoply for a given business, as seems to be one of the asian ways to success.

The farmgate price of farm products is a wholesell price and the price of farm expendables/supplies are retail price, unless your into the multi million investment mode. Most of us are not in this bracket and would be overjoyed with 2 to 3 million baht a year profit, but accept a lot less, as the normal farm venture makes a living in the good times, not a fortune, while the bad tmes offer a existence.

I don't find the need to prove anything... you can call me what you want. I presented the fact that this had work out well for my neighbour, might not work for you...

You did not present facts you provided some figures which you claim are accurate. An honest man would and could prove his honesty. A liar just tries to discredit his accuser. To those of you who thought The Humble Pineapple would make you a fortune I'm sorry but it wont.

You did not present facts you provided some figures which you claim are accurate. An honest man would and could prove his honesty. A liar just tries to discredit his accuser. To those of you who thought The Humble Pineapple would make you a fortune I'm sorry but it wont.

No reason to justify yourself to someone if you have no respect for them.

My neighbour just walk into my shop to buy a knife sharpening stone and i told him and show him too what was going on regarding the topic. We both have a good laugh... On his way out, he turn around and said...

"Nobody will tell anyone where he finds the expensive wild mushrooms. A mushroom hunter will never tell. No free ride, they can go and search for themselves, do their own work."

I don't think for a moment that the OP was lying about the price but now his 20B/Kg has been shown to be about 4 times the actual price he seems too proud to admit making a mistake and refuses to take questions.
Why post on here if you are not prepared to answer questions it is a forum and that's what happens in forums.

The truth is that the wholesale price has been around 5 Baht for some years and so the figures in the OP are unrealistic. 4 Baht is reckoned to be the break even price so 1 baht profit on what I now understand to be about 5 tons/rai gives a profit
of 5000/rai/year which is in line with crops such as cassava. see

http://foodnews.agra-net.com/blog/2013/08/22/demand-for-thai-pineapple-slow-during-off-season/

It seems possible to me that the brother in law may be scamming his company and giving his relatives special prices or that the friends are talking retail prices they once got and wanted to impress redbull. Whatever the reason for the price disparity it is clear that pineapples on 5 rai are not going to give anyone here anything like the fantasy profits the OP suggests.

Your information is a variety use for canning, processing or syrup. His variety of pineapples are for retail market... and you really believe his brother can scam for so many years ? This is my neighbour and i can see them doing anything/everything on my balcony, practically their whole lifestyle is play out in front of my eyes. Everyday at 5pm,1-2 bottles of expensive liquor, soda... My wife is there almost everyday, it has been like that for the past one year. ฿300-฿500 spend on drinking everyday. All this from pineapples income....

Ahhh...fxxk it ! "Up to you~"

I said enough and written enough, i will move on now. No time for negative minded people here, I got to attend a meeting with CPF northern region headman. Better to spend my time there than wasting time here.

Last post on this topic.

Your information is a variety use for canning, processing or syrup. His variety of pineapples are for retail market... and you really believe his brother can scam for so many years ? This is my neighbour and i can see them doing anything/everything on my balcony, practically their whole lifestyle is play out in front of my eyes. Everyday at 5pm,1-2 bottles of expensive liquor, soda... My wife is there almost everyday, it has been like that for the past one year. ฿300-฿500 spend on drinking everyday. All this from pineapples income....

Ahhh...fxxk it ! "Up to you~"

I said enough and written enough, i will move on now. No time for negative minded people here, I got to attend a meeting with CPF northern region headman. Better to spend my time there than wasting time here.

Last post on this topic.

Probably a good idea and one I can agree with.

I don't think for a moment that the OP was lying about the price but now his 20B/Kg has been shown to be about 4 times the actual price he seems too proud to admit making a mistake and refuses to take questions.

Why post on here if you are not prepared to answer questions it is a forum and that's what happens in forums.

The truth is that the wholesale price has been around 5 Baht for some years and so the figures in the OP are unrealistic. 4 Baht is reckoned to be the break even price so 1 baht profit on what I now understand to be about 5 tons/rai gives a profit

http://foodnews.agra-net.com/blog/2013/08/22/demand-for-thai-pineapple-slow-during-off-season/

It seems possible to me that the brother in law may be scamming his company and giving his relatives special prices or that the friends are talking retail prices they once got and wanted to impress redbull. Whatever the reason for the price disparity it is clear that pineapples on 5 rai are not going to give anyone here anything like the fantasy profits the OP suggests.

I think most people posting on here are willing to answer questions, but I haven't heard any. I have heard lots of opinions from people who don't give a rats a%^s about farming or pineapple and who have NO first hand knowledge of the situation. No one is interested finding out what is really going on, only nay saying. My justification (needed now on this forum for every statement) is that no one asked "How?". How do they sell the product? how do they handle pests? How do they control theft,? How do they plant? How far apart are the rows? How did they select the variety of pineapple? How steady is the harvest over a year? how do they get such a large harvest? How do they get such a high price.......ect. Just that it is impossible because someone found a document on line that says wholesale price of some variety somewhere WAS 5 baht and someone recons that 4 baht is break even so there is no way anyone could possibly be making money on this. I am not saying anyone should accept anything on face value, but being rude simply because someone is on an anonymous medium is just that...rude.

I followed this forum for a year and read ALL posts going back 2-3 years before I ever posted (several years ago). If you go back you will see that there were quite a few people who were willing to share their knowledge and experience. Many got fed up having to "justify" everything and simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle. What people need to think about is that the people worth listening to are the ones who probably have the least reason to participate as they know most of what they need to be successful. They are under no obligation to share.

There is a thing called "personal knowledge" and it is very powerful. You can get it from years of trial and error and considerable losses, but sometimes, just sometimes if you are open to something new, someone may share something with you. Just because you don't know how to accomplish something doesn't mean it can't be done and if you argue about it being possible you will never learn HOW.

I think most people posting on here are willing to answer questions, but I haven't heard any. I have heard lots of opinions from people who don't give a rats a%^s about farming or pineapple and who have NO first hand knowledge of the situation. No one is interested finding out what is really going on, only nay saying. My justification (needed now on this forum for every statement) is that no one asked "How?". How do they sell the product? how do they handle pests? How do they control theft,? How do they plant? How far apart are the rows? How did they select the variety of pineapple? How steady is the harvest over a year? how do they get such a large harvest? How do they get such a high price.......ect. Just that it is impossible because someone found a document on line that says wholesale price of some variety somewhere WAS 5 baht and someone recons that 4 baht is break even so there is no way anyone could possibly be making money on this. I am not saying anyone should accept anything on face value, but being rude simply because someone is on an anonymous medium is just that...rude.

I followed this forum for a year and read ALL posts going back 2-3 years before I ever posted (several years ago). If you go back you will see that there were quite a few people who were willing to share their knowledge and experience. Many got fed up having to "justify" everything and simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle. What people need to think about is that the people worth listening to are the ones who probably have the least reason to participate as they know most of what they need to be successful. They are under no obligation to share.

There is a thing called "personal knowledge" and it is very powerful. You can get it from years of trial and error and considerable losses, but sometimes, just sometimes if you are open to something new, someone may share something with you. Just because you don't know how to accomplish something doesn't mean it can't be done and if you argue about it being possible you will never learn HOW.

We do have Google though. However despite aggressive posts and a few insults here and there (keeps things lively ) i think we have learnt something about pineapples, the ground has to be hilly, the soil has to be acidic,there are different types of pineapple etc. so it wasn't all for nothing. One has to be careful on TV because a lot of bullshit is spouted which is why people ask for proof, i think that this is reasonable.

I am not sure if the OP is suggesting that foreigners should engage in farming? Or is this advice for Thais? How many Thais read TV?

Just so it is clear for all TV members: It is forbidden for any foreigner to engage in farming in Thailand!

Its advice for thais,the english written on here is by well educated thais.facepalm.gif

What a load of b****cks

The guy used the wrong price to justify the "Big Money" headline and suggested it as a suitable biz for anyone.

It is only when questions are asked that suddenly speciaized knowledge, contacts etc etc are used as an excuse not to answer them.

If you believe the story I assume you will be planting pineapple all over the place. Crickey a million a year from 5 rai. There are guys here with 50 or 100 rai = 20 million a year!! If you believe that you need treatment as it just aint true.

Hey it is all very well being positive about things and I do have that outlook but you do need to keep your feet on the ground and ask a few questions.

At the end of the day,there are people on this forum who are prepared to help others regulary,

This forum is bland at the best of times these days so when some advice is offered.like it or lump it

No one is holding you over the side of a cliff saying do it.(research more if interested)

The day will come when somebody is screaming out for advice and there will be nobody to respond.

At the end of the day,there are people on this forum who are prepared to help others regulary,

This forum is bland at the best of times these days so when some advice is offered.like it or lump it

No one is holding you over the side of a cliff saying do it.(research more if interested)

The day will come when somebody is screaming out for advice and there will be nobody to respond.

well said!

Sure and good for them as long as the advice is practical

Agreed but this thread has been more interesting. My advice here is be careful of ridiculous get rich quick schemes.

Research is vital and all of it shows this biz idea to be fantasy.

I doubt that. There are always those that think they know better and are prepared to say so.

The OP has mentioned the most crucial aspect of profiting from the pineapple business

is finding a buyer, not the operating cost, but finding a buyer that will pay you what you

think your crop is worth, sadly, the same goes for every other crop or product that any

one wishes to grow, import or manufacture here in Thailand...

The OP has mentioned the most crucial aspect of profiting from the pineapple business

is finding a buyer, not the operating cost, but finding a buyer that will pay you what you

think your crop is worth, sadly, the same goes for every other crop or product that any

one wishes to grow, import or manufacture here in Thailand...

Largely true but not in the case of cassava. Wherever it is grown there are companies buying, chipping and drying it with mills not far from them. I have a choice of 3 all within 10minutes to choose from and they compete on price to some extent. I only grow a little rice and we eat it but there is also a buyer down the road if I want sell it but there is no profit to be made. Haven't seen any pinapple buyers though as no one grows to sell around here! The pickups come around selling it and yesterday bought some for 10 baht/kilo which MIL thought expensive.

In effect you are confined to growing whatever the area supports with outlets for your produce. It's the only reason I got into cassava and what a stroke of luck as I make a healthy profit. I have yet to hear from anyone on TV of another crop that does as well.

we dont farm,

we let our wifes do the farming and we just spend the money,,lol

some of you will find that red bull has a lot of information that could help a lot of people on here, i no some of what he has writen in the past has helped me,

no one is telling you to read this thread,

hes not telling you all to get out your bars buy some land and farm, hes just saying what some others do,

im sure from now on he,ll be more like me, we just do our own thing, ive found that some on here, no matter what you write, will be saying cant be possible,

carry on my good mate,,

jake

Big C yesterday had two different pineapples for sell for 30 and 40 baht each. Not sure of the exact weight but they were sold as a unit for that price. My guess is about 1 to 1.5 kg each. I would guess the farmer got 10 baht, the middle man got 10 baht and the retailer got the rest.

Answers to members questions and advise regarding their particular forte is given in good faith and based on personal experiences,this advise can be used by members in their own decision making or not ,purely up to them.

But, as every situation has its own vagaries no advise can be 100% certain to fit all occasions.

Over the years advise has usually been appreciated by interested members but of late we seem to have an influx of people who prefer to become argumentive and resort to personal attacks which are not warrented in the farm forum.

Answers to members questions and advise regarding their particular forte is given in good faith and based on personal experiences,this advise can be used by members in their own decision making or not ,purely up to them.

But, as every situation has its own vagaries no advise can be 100% certain to fit all occasions.

Over the years advise has usually been appreciated by interested members but of late we seem to have an influx of people who prefer to become argumentive and resort to personal attacks which are not warrented in the farm forum.

Good advice is always appreciated if given in good faith even if there are inaccuracies. They can soon be corrected but if any TVF member gives knowingly false information which is what the OP did then I am sure nobody welcomes that sort of behavior. The OP also has a history of claiming to be able to make 1.6m baht profit a year from his small scale fish ponds.

Most people that have a history in agriculture or aquaculture knows these figures are just not possible. There is no proof to his claims for either venture.

Unbridled arrogance. Advice given hand in hand with contempt of others.

RBH. What you call big money is a joke. We are talking BAHT...not dollars. I couldn't get by on what you call big money.

I have never met anyone as openly arrogant as you. I would walk ten miles to buy something before I would borrow it from a neighbour like you.

You don't give advice to help people, you give it to "pump yourself up". Save it man. As one member said already, nauseating.

Archived