Gay men's (unhealthy) obsession with male beauty and physical perfection ...

It's hard sometimes. rolleyes.gif

On another thread a straight poster wondered how anyone, straight women or gay men, can find men attractive.

I replied with this photo link about MALE BEAUTY:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77561120@N03/

I thought that answered the question. Even if you aren't sexually attracted to any of those men, you'd have to be blind not to see some beauty in many of them.

Then I started looking more closely at these pictures ... and realizing pretty much ALL of those men are objectively "good looking" males, I realized that myself I would only be sexually interested in about 10 percent of them.

10 percent of a group of very good looking men?!?

What is that about?

Why so picky?

Now we all know homophobic men often presume gay men will go for ANYTHING with pants including their often ugly arsed selves ... but that's different. These ARE hot guys.

Has living in Thailand made me (and others) even pickier?

Maybe perfection can be a turn off as experience shows perfect men are often jerks.

Or is this focus on male beauty a problem for gay men in general ...

(Yes, obviously.)

A film about this issue worth considering:

The Adonis Factor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1563778/

Edited by Jingthing

JT, I thought, you didn't like men with big muscles.

Why, then the photographs?

Actually I don't, but I think in mainstream gay male culture, most do. In any case, most of the men in the photos are body building champions either, but yes mostly muscularly fit. I don't think the modern gay male cultural ideal is super big body building champion either, but developed muscles, yes.

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing: I would submit that your thread title could be edited to just say male vs. gay male. Objectiying female beauty has long been a problem with straight men.

Maybe its a human trait that males generally objectify the object of their desire.

Jingthing: I would submit that your thread title could be edited to just say male vs. gay male. Objectiying female beauty has long been a problem with straight men.

Maybe its a human trait that males generally objectify the object of their desire.

Yes, it definitely is.

It's a challenge for gay men though ... it's hard to be perfect.

Many gay men who are perfectly OK just withdraw from the mainstream gay world because it's just too demanding.

Here is a FUN challenge!

Please post the link with your ONE FAVORITE man from the link in the OP:

Not an image from another site ... it's got to be from THAT link. To isolate the link just click on the special one.

OK, I know this will be a challenge for hard core rice queens, but I'm sure you can manage.

As soon as FIVE of you do that ... then I will post mine (which I have already selected).

Otherwise, I won't. It's got to be at least FIVE.

(Real ones, not ironic picks from known straight guys. They will not count towards the FIVE.)

Will there be any overlap in the choices? (I doubt it.)

Good challenge, huh?

Edited by Jingthing

I think the OP should post a pic of himself so some here can post a pic of a suitable match for him. ..........thumbsup.gif

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours.....picture that is.

• Like 1

I think the OP should post a pic of himself so some here can post a pic of a suitable match for him. ..........thumbsup.gif

I'll do that when a flying pig is the PM of Israel, mate.

Oh, come on JT, post a picture. None of us know who you are, you post any picture and we'd be hard pressed to prove it's not you. But, we are going off-topic....

• Like 2

Here is a FUN challenge!

Not an image from another site ... it's got to be from THAT link. To isolate the link just click on the special one.

OK, I know this will be a challenge for hard core rice queens, but I'm sure you can manage.

As soon as FIVE of you do that ... then I will post mine (which I have already selected).

(Real ones, not ironic picks from known straight guys. They will not count towards the FIVE.)

Good challenge, huh?

jinny, at my age??? You should be banned! I could get a heart attack as really, any of them I,love.

I think many of those pics are from the 80's.

Ps I am not a rice queen. Am in wrong country I know...

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

ONE???

You expect me to pick one? I wouldn't pursue any of them because I probably wouldn't have a chance, but if I found any one of them caught in a trap, I'd have a little fun before I released him into the wild.

I think there is a difference between seeing beauty and being sexually attracted to someone. Many of those men are absolutely gorgeous, but they aren't my type. I've always found it strange that I find Thai men to be very sexually attractive, but I am not attracted to Filipinos. I work with some absolutely gorgeous Filipino men, but just have little sexual interest in them. I often find myself admiring a beautiful lady, but there is no sexual attraction to her at all.

Scott, rice is nice eh???

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, please pick just ONE just for fun.

I agree they are unobtainable by mere mortals.

you would be shocked. Don't underestimate your prowess.

I ain't pretty but sure have pulled the best over the years.

Many a model has posed and performed. Hehehe

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Here is a FUN challenge!

Good challenge, huh?

These eyes just hypnotize me: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77561120@N03/8105290830/

• Like 1

Here is a FUN challenge!

Good challenge, huh?

These eyes just hypnotize me: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77561120@N03/8105290830/

Wow. He is gorgeous and those eyes are almost spiritual.

I think it's a male trait (straight or gay), and that females don't objectify male beauty.

I'd like a female (straight or lesbian) to correct me.

Oh, come on JT, post a picture. None of us know who you are, you post any picture and we'd be hard pressed to prove it's not you. But, we are going off-topic....

OK. If you insist.

post-37101-0-19709700-1399221195_thumb.j

Hey there, my choice may be somewhat embarrassing. Does that not motivate? Yes, I already knew this was a tired poorly attended forum, but this is ridiculous. Really can't get five gay warm bodies to pick a favorite lovely man? Wow!

OK. If you insist.

attachicon.gifMV5BMTcxODAzODgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTM1ODY0._V1_SY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Well I wasn't far out with my thoughts.............smile.png