Earthquake in CM

AnotherOneAmerican

Wat Ket quite a wobble. Locals all ran outside and more than a few concerned faces. Like a seasick sensation for me. No damage about and locals have resumed afternoon drinks, it must be a great consolation that if anything happens you get to come back:)

Hope everyone is ok closer to quake centre, high rise condo apartments, etc.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USGS PRELIMINARY REPORT M6.0 - THAILAND Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 6.0 Date-Time
  • 5 May 2014 11:08:43 UTC
  • 5 May 2014 18:08:44 near epicenter
  • 5 May 2014 21:08:43 standard time in your timezone
Location 19.703N 99.683E Depth 7 km Distances
  • 9 km (5 mi) S of Mae Lao, Thailand
  • 27 km (16 mi) SW of Chiang Rai, Thailand
  • 39 km (24 mi) NW of Pa Daet, Thailand
  • 52 km (32 mi) SSW of Mae Chan, Thailand
  • 362 km (224 mi) WNW of Vientiane, Laos

Earthquakes have different manifestation in different people.......Apparently an earthquake has the ability to have some supposed adults act like pouty spoiled brats. They may even hold their breath and stamp their feet and cause an earthquake.

Well pouty you got your way........ baby waby

• Like 2

Earthquakes have different manifestation in different people.......Apparently an earthquake has the ability to have some supposed adults act like pouty spoiled brats. They may even hold their breath and stamp their feet and cause an earthquake.

Well pouty you got your way........ baby waby

Sure woke up the local Nursery. 14 earthquake topics closed.cheesy.gif

I hope no one was hurt. I worry about the quality of some of the buildings having lived where the Sichuan earthquake hit. There the cheaply built condo's collapsed like pancakes from a slightly larger quake, squashing thousands in the homes.

Also the same size quake just hit Tokyo as well so hope all is well there

You're all babies. Bit of a rattle of doors and cleaning up around the fish tank.

Then again nothing else noteworthy well happen today. wink.png

I would challenge you to endure what I experienced on the 12th floor and say that, not possible of course but trust me, it beat anything Southern Calif threw at me.

You're all babies. Bit of a rattle of doors and cleaning up around the fish tank.

Then again nothing else noteworthy well happen today. wink.png

I would challenge you to endure what I experienced on the 12th floor and say that, not possible of course but trust me, it beat anything Southern Calif threw at me.

Not to mention, SC has better building regs.

When the earthquake hit, we were having dinner at Dukes, in the Promenada Mall. Most of the customers in the restaurant got under their tables. The restaurant glass doors shook so hard we thought they were going to break but no damage. Everyone in the mall was told to exit the mall and wait outside in case their were any after shocks. Nothing more happened so we all returned to Dukes for an outstanding dinner.

We don't really have any earthquakes where I'm from, so didn't first even realize it's an earthquake when my chair started jumping...

Anyway, should we generally worry about aftershocks? Would hate to wake up when my condo goes down.

We don't really have any earthquakes where I'm from, so didn't first even realize it's an earthquake when my chair started jumping...

Anyway, should we generally worry about aftershocks? Would hate to wake up when my condo goes down.

Condos are usually built to standards...they may take a few shortcuts but in general they are sound. 5 storey hotel and apartment blocks are another story.

it was very strong up on the top floor of Panthip Paza. Lasted a long time. Many Thais panicked!!! you could hear the metal roll down doors closing in seconds after the shaking started! people were bailing out of the building very quickly.