Fake foreign passports sold in Bangkok

webfact

CRIME
Fake foreign passports sold in Bangkok

The Star/ANN

BANGKOK: -- Fake copies of Malaysian MyKad and passports of various countries can be easily bought in the streets of Bangkok, according to China Press.

The daily reported that gangs could be seen openly touting such items and promising to deliver fake documents within an hour. The documents are said to be able to escape detection by the latest technology and authorities.

The buyers were mostly from Southeast Asian and European countries.

According to middlemen, a fake passport costs from about Bt24,000 to Bt30,000.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-06

I sometimes wonder about the media and what these clowns do all day. This story about fake passports isnt news.

Fake Malaysian and Singapore passports have been sold on the streets of Bangkok for almost two decades.

They cost 5000-8000 baht each. Anyone who pays 30 grand has rocks in his head.

Fake passports? Nothing new really, to go with Driving Licences, Marrage Licences, Master Degrees, Fake I.D for young drinkers, Fake Currency and anything else you would need !

Just go to Khao san road, there are more then passport that you can obtain but I wonder that the person really must be desperate and dumb in order to use this passport. There's a sucker born every minute.

Soi 3 on Sukhumvit sells everything. Pot, Heroin, Yaba, fake visas and passports.

Was at a dinner two weeks ago and stepped out of the restaurant to lighten up a cigarette and some Africans offered me drugs. I asked what else is on the menu and they said fake passports and visas.

The restaurant owner is very upset that nothing happened and many deals are done in front of his restaurant which he has run now for 24 years and people are now ignoring his restaurant as their are 10-15 African's waiting in front of his establishment.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The buyers were mostly from Southeast Asian and European countries.

Based on the nationality specified in their fake passport? alt=tongue.png>

Yes, it would be great to know how the Thai press curtified the countries of origin of the buyers?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Soi 3 on Sukhumvit sells everything. Pot, Heroin, Yaba, fake visas and passports.

Was at a dinner two weeks ago and stepped out of the restaurant to lighten up a cigarette and some Africans offered me drugs. I asked what else is on the menu and they said fake passports and visas.

The restaurant owner is very upset that nothing happened and many deals are done in front of his restaurant which he has run now for 24 years and people are now ignoring his restaurant as their are 10-15 African's waiting in front of his establishment.

High time for some undercover- & sting operations to eradicate this crap ! ! ! !

The mere fact that the Thai press features this story on fake passports in Bangkok is preposterous. After decades of trade in all kinds of counterfeit goods and documents, the Thai press still features a story like this as a top ten headline in May of 2014. How could the Thai press be so detached from reality? Shameful.

Just go to Khao san road, there are more then passport that you can obtain but I wonder that the person really must be desperate and dumb in order to use this passport. There's a sucker born every minute.

You forget the 2 fake passports that were used to board that missing Malasian plane.

And they were not detected until after the plane went missing.

High time for some undercover- & sting operations to eradicate this crap ! ! ! !

The real problem is that the cops are in on it. So no crackdowns here.

The mere fact that the Thai press features this story on fake passports in Bangkok is preposterous. After decades of trade in all kinds of counterfeit goods and documents, the Thai press still features a story like this as a top ten headline in May of 2014. How could the Thai press be so detached from reality? Shameful.

The Nation, not the Thai press in general, is actually only quoting a Chinese report, but is it not a good thing that this trade is highlighted in order to maybe force some action to eradicate it? Referring to the Thai press as detached from reality in this case is ridiculous. And calling it shameful is just nonsense. It is certainly not a "top ten headline", it's just being re-reported by a fairly insignificant forum read by relatively few people.

Fake passports? Nothing new really, to go with Driving Licences, Marrage Licences, Master Degrees, Fake I.D for young drinkers, Fake Currency and anything else you would need !

Fake wife...55555

You forget the 2 fake passports that were used to board that missing Malasian plane.

And they were not detected until after the plane went missing.

Those were not fake passports, they were the real thing but had been stolen, bit of a difference.

I sometimes wonder about the media and what these clowns do all day. This story about fake passports isnt news.

Fake Malaysian and Singapore passports have been sold on the streets of Bangkok for almost two decades.

Anyone who buys one at all may have the same rocks!?

This report is surely a well timed reminder when coupled with the current limit of exempt entries at Ranong.

Getting an additional passport showing you as a citizen of Republic of Korea or Argentina or Brazil (and a couple of others I think) would give 90 day entries to Thailand.

This would also check how good the copies were (or not).

Better add......In reality, of course, it would be dumb (and illegal) to try this.

It is no surprise that fake passports can easily be made available here in Thailand, it is simply too easy, for many of us expats living here in Thailand, almost all of the banks and many other institutions take photo copies of your passports for many transactions thus making it easy for this information to land on bad hands. Thailand is a country of copies of everything and they simply have what I personally consider the worse organization of records that i have ever seen or else there will be no need to copy every time you go to the any of these institutions.

Edited by Nalo56

note for that price the passport will not be able to be used for anything other than identification

it woud never hold up for travel,

those go for $5,000 and up

Stolen ones go for the same price where you "try" and buy one where you look like the person it was stolen from.

And i bet the police sais 20 years ago "we are investigating" :)