Russian escapes serious injury in drunken motorbike crash

webfact

Russian escapes serious injury in drunken motorbike crash
Phuket Gazette

1_20145610131828_oLYWNQEChsejhyAbbLPVwcX
Police say Russian tourist Evgeniya Vinnichek, 26, was lucky to escape serious injury. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- A Russian woman escaped serious injury yesterday morning when she crashed a motorbike into a power pole while not wearing a helmet and under the influence of alcohol.

Rescue workers were called to the scene, on Thepkrasattri Road, at about 9am.

“Rescue workers administered first aid at the scene before transporting the woman to Wachira Phuket Hospital,” said Lt Col Sanit Nookong of the Thalang Police.

When Traffic Police officers arrived, they found a crunched Honda PCX motorbike beside a power pole and Evgeniya Vinnichek, 26, on the ground with injuries to her right knee and leg.

“The seat of the motorbike was twisted open by the impact, and under the seat was a bottle of Thai whiskey,” Col Sanit said. “The woman was lucky.”

“As no other people were injured and no other property damaged, our officers have yet to decide whether to charge the woman for drunk driving,” Col Sanit said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Russian-escapes-serious-injury-drunken-motorbike-crash/29352#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-06

• Like 1

Why have they YET TO decided to charge her with drink driving? How guilty can you be? I suppose the fine for not wearing a helmet will be waived next....

Why have they YET TO decided to charge her with drink driving? How guilty can you be? I suppose the fine for not wearing a helmet will be waived next....

Because Thai reasoning no harm was done, except to herself. So why bother and charge her.

Because Thai reasoning no harm was done, except to herself. So why bother and charge her.

Would you get charged in farangland ?

Why do you think it should it be different here ?............rolleyes.gif

Daft or what.................facepalm.gif

Why do you presume I think it should be different here?

Are you seriously asking why we think it should be different here? My observations are that we should take the logic we bring from Oz, the UK, or NA and reverse it 180 degrees before making any assumptions about what Thais would do in a lot of situations or how they think. I believe the 'no harm done, so why bother' attitude definitely exists here with the police in many situations.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about to stop her doing it next time....when she may well injure some innocent ? How many deadly accidents are caused from drunk driving by persistent offenders ? Persistent offenders because your Thai reasoning dictates no effective deterrent or preventative measures are required..

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about to stop her doing it next time....when she may well injure some innocent ? How many deadly accidents are caused from drunk driving by persistent offenders ? Persistent offenders because your Thai reasoning dictates no effective deterrent or preventative measures are required..

Your Thai reasoning is not up to speed. Neither is your quoting BTW.

• Like 1

"DRUNKEN MOTORBIKE CRASH"

its those drunken motorcycles that need sorting out. on more than 1 occasion ive had to remonstrate with mine to tell it to slow down on the way back from ban chang...........

Edited by tomyumchai
  • Like 1

It would seem that you only get charged with drunk driving if you cause any damage or hurt someone.

Are you seriously asking why we think it should be different here? My observations are that we should take the logic we bring from Oz, the UK, or NA and reverse it 180 degrees before making any assumptions about what Thais would do in a lot of situations or how they think. I believe the 'no harm done, so why bother' attitude definitely exists here with the police in many situations.

That depends on whether they are getting tea money or not.

• Like 1

Most might argue with the fact, but that's just one of the things that makes Thailand so unique...

Though I still wonder why they want to make us wear these plastic shells on our heads?

That they normally refer to as a helmet.

After all in most parts of the country, it's 30+ Celsius and the shells are not going to protect anyones head,

but again; this is what makes Thailand unique...

Therefore defensive driving is key to survival,

especially if you're a foreigner.

One might wonder why so many accidents are reported on a PCX,

as I know of four foreigners just this year who have died on a PCX.

Most might argue with the fact, but that's just one of the things that makes Thailand so unique...

Though I still wonder why they want to make us wear these plastic shells on our heads?

After all in most parts of the country, it's 30+ Celsius and the shells are not going to protect anyones head,

Thanks for making me feel good, I have just bought a new PXC.

Thanks for making me feel good, I have just bought a new PXC.

We've had one for near 6 years......................thumbsup.gif

Monkey justice, administered by a broken police force, and enforced by a monkey court. Real justice. Real penance. Real deterrents. Society grows, learns, and prospers. Not.

• Like 1

What!!!In Oz,they would breatho you on your death bed,charge you,and fine you big time before you die,then take it out of your estate.

Monkey justice, administered by a broken police force, and enforced by a monkey court. Real justice. Real penance. Real deterrents. Society grows, learns, and prospers. Not.

Back under the rock,Spider.

Just proves helmets don't save lives! So no need to fine.