Phuket: Police face corruption probe for letting Aussie gunmen free

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"“However, I must withhold the names of the officers as they have yet to be formally charged.”

doesn't he mean that the officers have yet to be formally TRANSFERRED to HQ where they can progress further? !!

Edited by easybullet3

"“However, I must withhold the names of the officers as they have yet to be formally charged.”

doesn't he mean that the officers have yet to be formally TRANSFERRED to HQ where they can progress further? !!

I think they will look at if they have a new big house or a Merc in the drive..........Really is sooooooooooooo easy for the non corrupt to go for it.........

I suppose that they are not so happy about these farang conducting their own assassinations when that job could have easily been accomplished by a Thai parson.

Maybe there is a truth to a tale...

So they can't be charged with attempted murder of the 2 tourists they SHOT, because they WEREN'T attempting to murder, THEM,, but they're, OBVIOUSLY AWARE, they, WERE attempting to murder the, "Danish mafioso ",,, so they're out,, STILL living freely in Thailand,, simply because they're terrible shots???m

• Like 2

40 days for attempted murder! There you are. I think those guys left the country already.

don't forget the six-and-a-half-month suspended sentence and a 7,500-baht fine. Yes a full six months and another whopping 2 weeks as well. Suspended.

Excellent news, again an anti corruption enquiry. Sounds like this is becoming more frequent now.

the negative part is those police thug are never really punished, they only get transferred to an "office" job somewhere.... Really RIDICULOUS behaviour in land of Scams !!

• Like 1

This is the famous inspirational Phuket police force I keep hearing about??

Yes. The same police force that the recently newly appointed Chief made a public statement saying that "All the Phuket police were doing a very good job" i wonder who he was comparing them with. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Yes. The same police force that the recently newly appointed Chief made a public statement saying that "All the Phuket police were doing a very good job" i wonder who he was comparing them with. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Perhaps he just got "moved" from somewhere else eh.......whistling.gif

clouseau ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

So these two attempted murders were not even deported?

Why would they be deported? There was no proof so no court case.

Explain ?

That is what the OP is about.

They spent 4 month in prison, given a 6 month suspended sentence and fined a huge 7.5K baht so the were guilty of something and um maybe/ maybe not deported. I believe whilst try to shoot and kill someone else they shot a couple of innocent German tourists. I guess the fine was for that (tarnishing Thailands reputation) or maybe discharging an unregistered/unlicensed firearm in public.

Edited by chooka

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Excellent news, again an anti corruption enquiry. Sounds like this is becoming more frequent now.

Although the outcomes are ridiculous.................the major in Bkk extorting money from motorists (on youtube), moved to another station. The 2 immigration officers accused of visa corruption.........moved to HQ. Where will these 2 go ? Maybe another holiday destination to continue their bribe taking !!!

So these two attempted murders were not even deported?

Why would they be deported? There was no proof so no court case.

Explain ?

That is what the OP is about.

They were convicted of something by the Court, just not attempted murder. Therefore deportation could and should have been part of the sentence. However, money changed hands, probably from the biker gangs that these guys were allegedly members of.

• Like 1

Cash payment, ensures your freedom! T.I.T.

Regardless of whether there was corruption involved, not having enough evidence to prosecute sounds about right. Thai police can barely write a traffic ticket properly, let alone investigate an attempted murder.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 1

Cash payment, ensures your freedom! T.I.T.

Regardless of whether there was corruption involved, not having enough evidence to prosecute sounds about right. Thai police can barely write a traffic ticket properly, let alone investigate an attempted murder.

Maybe they can barely write the ticket, but for sure they have no problems with the COLLECTING of it !!! coffee1.gif

What is the issue here? Sure they opened up on a crowded Patong street, but they only got a German tourist in the leg! In the leg! He was probably dancing at Tiger later that night.

Edited by Pinot

Hurrah for another cosmetic and predictably ineffectual, supposed enquiry into possible, (yet only alleged ) corruption !

Your joking, eh?

Ofcourse you realize how difficult it is to prove a case like this.

Unless a payment of a bribe was witnessed by a 3rd party, or captured on film or recorded, there is absolutely no case to make against these two police officers.

The investigators would have to convince either the two Aussies to admit to making the payment (and since they are now free they have zero incentive to talk) or they would have to convince atleast one of the officers to admit acceptance of a bribe (again, there is zero incentive to do so).

So, yes, this will be an predictably ineffectual investigation...as it would be in any 1st World Criminal Investigation. As it should be.

Whats more entertaining is the idea of a Danish Mafioso ;-)

And then ofcourse the photo of the two Aussies with faces buried in hands, which gives the impression they are crying ;-)

As I read it, it's not an investigation into whether bribes were paid, but more one of incompetence, intentional or otherwise.

That there may have been baht changing hands is another issue.

• Like 2

As an Aussie who spends a lot of time in Thailand, I am happy they stay in Thailand as my family in Australia are safer and as this pair are unlikely to come to my piece of Thai rural heaven, stay in Phuket.

They used an unlicensed firearm.

How in hell did the police not collect enough evidence to prosecute on that charge?

At the bottom of all of this lies three letters:

ICE

They were prosecuted and convicted on that charge, just not on attempted murder. And that is what this corruption probe is about.

I may be wrong but I read that if in Singapore if you discharge a firearm and you are not a cop or authorized to do so its the death penalty. I think they should throw the book at these too, you just cant start shooting in the street like its a Steven Segal movie or something, this is reality and the reality is that someone could have been killed leaving behind a family and loads of pain to deal with for life.

I may be wrong but I read that if in Singapore if you discharge a firearm and you are not a cop or authorized to do so its the death penalty. I think they should throw the book at these too, you just cant start shooting in the street like its a Steven Segal movie or something, this is reality and the reality is that someone could have been killed leaving behind a family and loads of pain to deal with for life.

The probe isn't about trying to send the two Australian's to prison. It is about how the tea money was divided up.