North Korea: Life in US is a 'living hell'

webfact

North Korea: Life in US is a 'living hell'
By Anthony Zurcher
Editor, Echo Chambers

Can turnabout be fair play?

After being the subject of global scorn following a highly critical UN report on its human rights abuses, North Korea has released a "news analysis" on the US human rights record.

Calling the US "the world's worst human rights abuser", the state-run Korea Central News Agency says the nation is "a living hell, as elementary rights to existence are ruthlessly violated".

The writers open the report by noting US President Barack Obama's admission that race is still a problem in the US during his remarks at commemorations on the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which they call the "anniversary of the institution of citizenship").

They go on to list a litany of offences that reads like a cribbing from left-leaning US op-ed pages and opinion magazines, mixed with a dollop of Soviet-era revelling in US decadence and decay.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27285885

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-06

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there chemtrails over North Korea ,,,

No ,,, no need ,,, say the wrong thing and your heart will stop !!!

or you will be sent to Guantanamo without trial if you are lucky, else you will just be drone annihilated along with your whole village.

Yeah! Drones are too small. Where's a Russian tank when you need one? Let me guess... crimea a river...

• Like 1

Usually I do not agree with the Kim dinasty but this time they are definitely right: the US are the worst human rights abusers on earth. This has been so for decades and did not change even with our darling Obama in power.

That's pretty ridiculous. Are you aware of what goes in NK? Maybe you aren't because they try very hard to hide it. The USA is open to see, warts and all.

• Like 1

Jingthing, on 06 May 2014 - 16:52, said:
Jean Pierre Jacquot, on 06 May 2014 - 16:49, said:

Usually I do not agree with the Kim dinasty but this time they are definitely right: the US are the worst human rights abusers on earth. This has been so for decades and did not change even with our darling Obama in power.

That's pretty ridiculous. Are you aware of what goes in NK? Maybe you aren't because they try very hard to hide it. The USA is open to see, warts and all.

Why North Korea? Is just a small country. The US however have been stamping their authority on the world for decades in totally non-respecting basic human rights. Did they ever sign an international convention? Guantamenao an example for respecting basic human rights? Nuclear bombing of Japan? The list of bad things the US has and does continue to do these days is long and has much more impact on the world than some small insignificant country.

Why North Korea? Is just a small country. The US however have been stamping their authority on the world for decades in totally non-respecting basic human rights. Did they ever sign an international convention? Guantamenao an example for respecting basic human rights? Nuclear bombing of Japan? The list of bad things the US has and does continue to do these days is long and has much more impact on the world than some small insignificant country.

You're bringing up WW2 in this context? Oy vey ... not worth my time!

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmmm, bacon and eggs, with coffee for religious folk in prison, waste more USA mums and dads lives for a Jap aggressor.... ARE YOU STUPID........?

• Like 2

There is a lot to criticize in the U.S. I have no problem with any country focusing attention on it. For example the rate of incarceration is a scandal, especially of minority groups, poverty is practically criminalized, the cheap processed food environment for the poorer masses almost guarantees life shortening obesity, and full health care access is still being blocked by odious far right wing political forces. But yes of course coming from North Korea, this is a propaganda stunt. However, I still welcome international pressure on the U.S. from more credible sources. Perhaps it can help!

" ... rate of incarceration is a scandal, especially of minority groups ...", so all criminals that belong to minority groups should go free ? Or what are you suggesting here ?

And of course, ignoring the fact that it is OK for the US to invade any country it wants and remove their leaders (Iraq) and support terrorists that try to overthrow a government (Syria), just to get cheap(er) oil ...

The US has been playing the "Big Brother" for to long. Who is watching the "Big Brother" ? Well, it doesn't really matter, the US will continue to flex it muscle and ignore the international community and laws ...

Considering that somebody like Obama got elected twice (!!!), I also wondering about the education and intelligence level of the average US voter ...

luudee

• Like 1

A lot of you here who insults the USA should think twice. If it wasn't for us you would be coming to Thailand on a German passport. So you can all kiss my butt.

A Soviet Passport, conceivably. They won the war in Europe, not Sean Hannity.

A lot of you here who insults the USA should think twice. If it wasn't for us you would be coming to Thailand on a German passport. So you can all kiss my butt.

Probably true, but someone had to keep the Soviets from "liberating" France, the rest of Mainland Europe, and the UK (not to mention Asia) after they dusted off the Germans.

As for Obama, he's been a huge disappointment, but can you imagine how much worse off the world would be if Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were still prowling the Pentagon?

Edited by impulse

Sorry, who won the war in Europe.?

The USSR.

• Like 1

Probably true, but someone had to keep the Soviets from "liberating" France, the rest of Mainland Europe, and the UK (not to mention Asia) after they dusted off the Germans.

As for Obama, he's been a huge disappointment, but can you imagine how much worse off the world would be if Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were still prowling the Pentagon?

Just because the USA did something decent once years ago does not give them a 'Free Pass' for all time'. These days they are making hideous intrusions where their noses do not belong!

The USSR.

I think history shows that the west was told to hang back and let the Ruskies deal the final blow. Perhaps I am wrong............smile.png

• Like 1