Thai PM Yingluck denies abuse of power in key legal challenge

webfact

If she's out of office tomorrow then the senate has to act promptly as there will be a power vacuum and I believe that Yingluck and her cabinet know this and is why she's stated they are going nowhere till the courts themselves replace the caretaker government.

If they find her guilty and decide to remove the entire cabinet along with her then they will be responsible to put in place a provisional government and I doubt that the NACC can do that, and therefore it will all go to the senate to decide who's going to lead Thailand out of the current impasse/mess it's in politically.

Regardless of who it will be they will have to talk to all political parties to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

Sorry Haggis, I have to pull you up on this one mate.

Have you got the facts at hand to back up your claims that there are "lunatic parts" in the UDD/PTP or are you just talking speculation and guessing??

I want evidence from physiologists, I want the names of every one you are talking about and the history of all these people. I want police reports of any lunatic behavior they have displayed before and statements from there parents on their upbringing.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

Well you defend the lunatics. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpppppppppppppswai2.gif

There all a bunch of lunatics! Oh and I will post as I see fit by the way.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to hear that -one day after a massive earthquake that hit her main electoral base- she is mainly busy with these cases. I have not seen a word of empathy with the North, struck by a 6.2 disaster. Especially the poorer people suffered. Besides all the other structural damage. And very important is the defense. They said I did it (and have proof) but I swear, really really I did NOT.

you think she cares about poor people...

If she's out of office tomorrow then the senate has to act promptly as there will be a power vacuum and I believe that Yingluck and her cabinet know this and is why she's stated they are going nowhere till the courts themselves replace the caretaker government.

If they find her guilty and decide to remove the entire cabinet along with her then they will be responsible to put in place a provisional government and I doubt that the NACC can do that, and therefore it will all go to the senate to decide who's going to lead Thailand out of the current impasse/mess it's in politically.

Regardless of who it will be they will have to talk to all political parties to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

Sorry Haggis, I have to pull you up on this one mate.

Have you got the facts at hand to back up your claims that there are "lunatic parts" in the UDD/PTP or are you just talking speculation and guessing??

I want evidence from physiologists, I want the names of every one you are talking about and the history of all these people. I want police reports of any lunatic behavior they have displayed before and statements from there parents on their upbringing.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

Well you defend the lunatics. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpppppppppppppswai2.gif

There all a bunch of lunatics! Oh and I will post as I see fit by the way.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

?????

Deny, deny, deny, it all sounds so hollow, knowing that it opened the door, quite miraculously for Thaksin's brother in law, not the first time he's been linked to a nepotistic appointment. So she can remain as caretaker prime minister until the next election but not allowed to conduct any duties, that will be interesting.

Good to hear that -one day after a massive earthquake that hit her main electoral base- she is mainly busy with these cases. I have not seen a word of empathy with the North, struck by a 6.2 disaster. Especially the poorer people suffered. Besides all the other structural damage. And very important is the defense. They said I did it (and have proof) but I swear, really really I did NOT.

you think she cares about poor people...

Probably not .

But if you look back on history he was the first PM to really help poor people .

Populist ?? Sure.

But when Blair gave easy credit etc etc and spent. Spent spent .He knew he would stay in power for longer.

Either way I'm from the UK. I have to go with the one who helps the underdog rather than temples all over him

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai PM wiggling this way and wiggling that way:

I did not do it! And if I did do it, then it was completely lawful. But I didn't do it anyway, Kowit did it. If I had decided to do it, and I am not saying that I did decide to do it, then I wouldn't have decided to do it on my own, my cabinet would have been co-deciders, not that I am saying they were...and anyway, Kowit did it. Did I say that already? Sorry, but Kowit did it. And lastly, if it turns out that I did do it, and I am not saying that I did it, then I did do it as a PM not as a CT PM, so, what do you say to that, hunh?

Gives the Chewbacca Defense a good run for it's money.

• Like 1

In respect to the CTPM Yingluck, lets see what the courts interpretation of the law is, then, lets make a comment, not before a verdict is handed down, that's contempt of court, , as they say in the movies , you will have ample opportunity to reply Prime Minister. coffee1.gif

The Courts have also been shown to be anti Thaksin.

They have seen 8 years of turmoil. The army has not moved and many people thought they would.

The court may also think that removing her and her cronies AGAIN will only see a re emergence under a different name and relatives of the same band of thieves as they have been positioning for this for months if not years.

We might all get a nasty shock tomorrow but I think she will remain in power. I hope not but I have a strange feelling the court may just state, "Oh Well the idiots voted for her let them suffer."... I have this strange feeling the Courts may let the country down a little more, people suffer some more as they still would vote for her... and once the people DO NOT get paid, the courts will be seen to have been fair and on the peoples side, the country bankrupt if it is not already and the people will not be paid and PTP will have no one to blame and no where to hide.

Then it will be bye bye all SHINS forever.

I bet she stays.....

QUOTE "She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause."

OMG this is so PATHETIC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was used in a Western country - maybe seeing these pathetic carrying ons I should use the word I never use here but it fits - CIVILISED COUNTRY... she would be place in a mental asylum for even thinking this was near a defense.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck blames Kowit in transferring Thawil

yingluck-19-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today blamed former police chief Kowit Wattana as a person who transferred the former national security chief to inactive post while she was busy with fighting the great flooding in 2011.

She testified to the Constitutional Court today to defend malfeasance and interference of official work involving the unlawful transfer of Mr Thawil Pliensri from the National Security Council to the prime minister’s office as advisor.

If found guilty, she will lose her premiership status and must step down.

In defending the transfer, Ms Yingluck said in a 8-point written statement that her premiership and the cabinet status have ended on the day when she dissolved Parliament. Therefore, she argued that her ended status could not be cited again for the Constitutional Court to rule if her status had been ended.
She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause.

She also said she had authority given by the law to transfer Mr Thawil and her act was not an interference as accused by the petitioner.

She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet and it was not meant to pave the easy for the appointment of Pol Gen Pliewphan Damapong to the Royal Thai Police chief as alleged.

The transfer of Pol Gen Vichien Photposri from Royal Thai Police chief to permanent secretary of Transport also was not to open the police chief seat for Pol Gen Pliewphan but merely a routine meeting to endorse the appointment without prior approaches.

Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution.

During the testifying, Yingluck repeatedly claimed that the transfer was made by her deputy Pol Gen Kowit Wattana as she had designated him to undertake the job while she was busying herself helping people affected by the great flooding during the period.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-blames-kowit-transferring-thawil/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-06

It's an interesting argument that because she no longer is Prime Minister but is Caretaker Prime Minister she can longer be held responsible for actions taken as Prime Minister and that as Caretaker Prime Minister she is immune.

I do note that she stated that she will NOT step down, nor will her cabinet, no matter what the court decides.

But isn't that the same as saying that AV and ST are no longer guilty of murder???

No it doesn't even though they are NOT guilty, this would set an insane and illogical precedent that all you have to do is quit to make yourself innocent.

She is grasping at straws... none of her defense makes sense and to end it with.... 'we refuse to accept the ruling' is just a guide rule to everything this government stands and has always stood for.

I am becoming impatient.

I want to see Yingluck and her cabinet in prison.

YOU will be waiting a long time for that and it will never happen. If convicted she will be banned from politics for 5 years. Thats it

I am the judge ... she and her cabinet are going to prison.

And next you'll get a M79 shot into your office by the red friends

I'm terrified 2 dicks.

" Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution. "

Contempt of court.

" She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause. "

Surely she could have painted herself in more flattering terms than this. Is this the new definition of caretaker prime minister ? A vampire ? Sadly, this is the corner stone of Yingluck's defense - she dissolved parliament, and therefore she no longer exists - but even though she no loner exists she is, of course nonetheless committed to remaining in her job no matter what the Constitutional Court says. People who don't exist have responsibilities too ( though not ones of course that they can be held accountable for ).

" She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet "

So let's get this straight. She shares the responsibility with the entire cabinet ( I'm sure they're really thrilled to hear her say that ) - though luckily the same cabinet that through dissolution no longer exists - and the same cabinet that feels - like the prime minister that doesn't exist either - that they didn't commit an unconstitutional act because they don't exist any more than she exists - and they can't be held accountable for actions they committed when they did exist, because now they don't - but of course, even though they don't exist, nonetheless they are committed to remaining in their jobs no matter what the Constitutional Court says.

No wonder they didn't allow her to speak before.

Its abit like the Three Stooges joke..

Who's on first what's on second and who's on third? No who's on First blah blah or how it gopes.. Same same yingluck speak

Tomorrow, there'll be tears before tea time, and not just from YL.

Then no doubt 'bombs before breakfast', from a mystery party. I hope the judges have a bunker somewhere...and so it continues.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Shinawatra mantra":

"I deny the allegation"

What she should do is when uncomfortable facts are presented to her is mirror the 1 principle supporter TVF members and simply say they are not facts. Or when presented with evidence denounce it and then ask for an overwhelming burden of proof right down to names and histories of the people, family statements (heay Haggis)…ohh and my favorite when one link shows the proof denounce that, call it fake and demand a link to 2 other sources. (heay Fab4)

Facts - The PTP's greatest enemy.

When the facts are presented, denounce them, deny them or call them fake facts.

Well that's rich coming from a poster who on supplying one link proving the "truth" or so he said, it led to a blank google page and then not supplying a link claiming this mythical "2 other sources demand" but really because not just one but all sources did not back up his claim.

Come up with the facts djjamie and you won't be called out. Facts such as your "fact" regarding the beating up and shooting of the Army Colonel do not stand up to any scrutiny whether you call them facts or not. Don't embarrass yourself any further,

It's ironic that a self-interested and deeply compromised legal system is being used to remove a supposedly corrupt PM. The blankets of hypocrisy that envelop those who champion this process must make rising from bed in the morning difficult.

Those who support the "supposedly corrupt PM" should have been having difficulty in sleeping for several years now. It seems to be not be the casefor many of them but those comfortably well funded, restful nights sleeps may become less comfortable quite soon. Who knows? TIT!!

It wasn't me that made these decisions it was my puppet master brother.

Superior orders, often known as the Nuremberg defense, lawful orders or by the German phrase "Befehl ist Befehl" ("orders are orders"), is a plea in a court of law that a person, whether a member of the armed forces or a civilian, not be held guilty for actions which were ordered by a superior officer or a public official.

Eichmann tried it and it worked for him, right?????

The PDRC is whacko and wanking. Its the final, final, final, final push again, and they still are a bunch of imported southerners and middle aged women eating somtam... It started as a good idea and went rotten from there, and everyone knows it, nationally and internationally.

Now it is like suggesting that a patient with leukemia should be given Hodgkin's disease as a cure.

(Nice try by the way, but I have two firewalls none of you can get through).

• Like 1

See BBC News itemk. The 02 April poll???? That one musta slipped poast me. I remember an 02 February poll. Maybe all the sharp international journos are on the Balkans desk right now.
Maby you better buy some reading glasses. The bbc artical was last updated may 8 2006. If you spend some time reading the threat than you know that this link had nothing to do with the 2014 election.

But than, I'm not supprised, a lot slips past you.

• Like 1

Thai court to rule Wednesday on PM dismissal case

So it's getting closer and closer and closer again on Wednesday,.... and next time it will get closer, and closer and closer the following week,... and even more closer the next few months...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Soooo close,.... but nothing will really happen.

Wanna bet?

My annoying subconcious keeps screaming just that from the back of my mind.

See BBC News itemk. The 02 April poll???? That one musta slipped poast me. I remember an 02 February poll. Maybe all the sharp international journos are on the Balkans desk right now.
Maby you better buy some reading glasses. The bbc artical was last updated may 8 2006. If you spend some time reading the threat than you know that this link had nothing to do with the 2014 election.

But than, I'm not supprised, a lot slips past you.

Thanks for pointing that out. Just shows how little has changed since 2006 when news items could conceivably be recycled with only a change of date. Yes, things do slip past us all from time to time, even you, I am sure. I sometimes think I would love to have this as my job and get paid to have all day to spend on it as I suspect some posters do: But: 1. I probably would not like my employers & 2. I have a real life away from TVF and that is nice.

Edited by The Deerhunter

The opposition boycotted the poll, as they have recently, and made the election they could not win invalid for the same reason, lacking seats.

It all makes manipulating elections so easy...."we can't win so we invalidate the opposition's win".

The tragic part is that many do not think PTP is advancing the country, but the methodology of boycotting to invalidate a loss is creating real anger. Dangerous anger.

Please make a note of it. We can laugh at the dud grenades and foolish red antics all we want, but they have access to arms and will not use duds when the curtain falls, nor will they line up in Bangkok to become part of another 'live fire killing field', nor take refuge in temples to be picked off.

I vehemently do NOT support this martial approach whatsoever. I despise it, both from the side that is creating the legalese lies and the side that is raping the economy.

I think the country needs new leaders, ones who can lead, not dance like Yingluck and Abhisit both to the hands of puppeteers both domestic and foreign.

It is a controversial mess. The power brokers have no real interest in any reforms. They want the public to be sheeple.

" Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution. "

Contempt of court.

" She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause. "

Surely she could have painted herself in more flattering terms than this. Is this the new definition of caretaker prime minister ? A vampire ? Sadly, this is the corner stone of Yingluck's defense - she dissolved parliament, and therefore she no longer exists - but even though she no loner exists she is, of course nonetheless committed to remaining in her job no matter what the Constitutional Court says. People who don't exist have responsibilities too ( though not ones of course that they can be held accountable for ).

" She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet "

So let's get this straight. She shares the responsibility with the entire cabinet ( I'm sure they're really thrilled to hear her say that ) - though luckily the same cabinet that through dissolution no longer exists - and the same cabinet that feels - like the prime minister that doesn't exist either - that they didn't commit an unconstitutional act because they don't exist any more than she exists - and they can't be held accountable for actions they committed when they did exist, because now they don't - but of course, even though they don't exist, nonetheless they are committed to remaining in their jobs no matter what the Constitutional Court says.

No wonder they didn't allow her to speak before.

I would love to meet the brain trust who dreamed up this defense

The PDRC is whacko and wanking. Its the final, final, final, final push again, and they still are a bunch of imported southerners and middle aged women eating somtam... It started as a good idea and went rotten from there, and everyone knows it, nationally and internationally.

Now it is like suggesting that a patient with leukemia should be given Hodgkin's disease as a cure.

(Nice try by the way, but I have two firewalls none of you can get through).

I am impressed by your measure of confidence at this juncture and hour. This has nothing to do with PDRC who just acted brilliantly as educators over the last 6 months. The editor of something or other (Seems that detail slipped past me) said 2 days ago that the PDRC's thunder has been stolen by the courts now and effectively that their position was now irrelenant. May be so. That would have alwayss been my hope. Do you seriously thin the general support for PTP would have eroded as it has done over the last 6 months without their educational efforts? Please don't try to tell us that it hasn't.

• Like 2

Really no red supporter, support for the caretaker PMs defense of actually I am dead and cannot be held responsible for what happened in my past life. I see this as her defense when the NACC passes its case to the Senate for action.

It's ironic that a self-interested and deeply compromised legal system is being used to remove a supposedly corrupt PM. The blankets of hypocrisy that envelop those who champion this process must make rising from bed in the morning difficult.

The hypocrisy are the lies and bs being spread by PTP, UDDictatorship and idiots like you in efforts to discredit the judicial system. PTP are getting just deserts for their crimes against democracy.

• Like 1

Usual crowd getting all excited about tomorrows CC judgement. They've been rattling away on here ad nauseam for the last 6 months and absolutely nothing has gone their way so far. I can hear the frustration coming across in the posts. Hope nobody does anything silly tomorrow if the decision goes in favour of YL. Don't want to read anymore stories here about people jumping of balconies etc.

• Like 1

haggis... For once I actually agree with you

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

The Shinawatra mantra":

"I deny the allegation"

What she should do is when uncomfortable facts are presented to her is mirror the 1 principle supporter TVF members and simply say they are not facts. Or when presented with evidence denounce it and then ask for an overwhelming burden of proof right down to names and histories of the people, family statements (heay Haggis)…ohh and my favorite when one link shows the proof denounce that, call it fake and demand a link to 2 other sources. (heay Fab4)

Facts - The PTP's greatest enemy.

When the facts are presented, denounce them, deny them or call them fake facts.

Well that's rich coming from a poster who on supplying one link proving the "truth" or so he said, it led to a blank google page and then not supplying a link claiming this mythical "2 other sources demand" but really because not just one but all sources did not back up his claim.

Come up with the facts djjamie and you won't be called out. Facts such as your "fact" regarding the beating up and shooting of the Army Colonel do not stand up to any scrutiny whether you call them facts or not. Don't embarrass yourself any further,

denounce some facts and finish with condescension is your signature move...

At least I know your reply was not by a "pretend" Fab4...

It was by the real supporter of no principles of democracy (apart from elections) the infamous Fab4.

Can you name the principles of democracy by the way or do you blindly follow the PTP narrative and have a "belief" that they are right?

Come on...

<EDIT> Name one other principle and I will show you how the PTP abused it.

Name one scheme the PTP implemented and I will show you how they failed...

I dare you Fab4……I dare you.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

I wonder how she justified her relative as being the better choice for the position she gave him?

Uhh your honour! He was more qualified because he follows my brothers orders. The charter agreed he would be the better choice for this as well because Thak told them to. So i did no wrong and it did not benefit me, only my brother.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app