No sign of corruption or rip off anywhere!

Alwayssunny

Supporting the jetski guys.....nice one......

Ah damn, this is Thai Visa, I'm sure the OP forgot that it is not allowed to say anything positive here about jet skis or taxis here, even if you're happy with a provided service. Or maybe even say anything positive about Phuket in general.

Those guys are scum, if you don't agree with me get your head out of the sand. I don't understand why anyone would allow them selves/ their friends to be put at risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ah damn, this is Thai Visa, I'm sure the OP forgot that it is not allowed to say anything positive here about jet skis or taxis here, even if you're happy with a provided service. Or maybe even say anything positive about Phuket in general.
Those guys are scum, if you don't agree with me get your head out of the sand. I don't understand why anyone would allow them selves/ their friends to be put at risk.

Not all Thai people are as you say scum!! taking advantage of tourists happens the world over not just Thailand!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Not all Thai people are as you say scum!! taking advantage of tourists happens the world over not just Thailand!!

Where did I say "all thai people are scum"??

It seems to me if you label a certain group as being scum the chances are you think most other groups are scum also!!

It seems to me if you label a certain group as being scum the chances are you think most other groups are scum also!!

Thats an extremely ridiculous statement.

Anyway man I'm not going to argue with you about the scummyness of the jetski guys. If you want to keep using their services you do that.

I went to patty for 7 days and it was much better than expected.

Thats an extremely ridiculous statement.

Anyway man I'm not going to argue with you about the scummyness of the jetski guys. If you want to keep using their services you do that.

I never use jet skis, my visiting friends used them and had no problems, people are warned about these things, it's up to them if they want to use them, coming on here and calling Thai people scum is in my book dangerous!!

There's plenty of good people about plying their wares on all the beaches, but when an opportunity arises, some take advantage. If OP's mates were Indian, Chinese or Middle Eastern, they would have a higher chance of being accused of causing damage.

A couple of other factors to consider are the high season is over, hence pockets are full, there's a lot of heat ( relatively) being put on the island, so perhaps the word has come down to lay off the shenanigans for a bit.

Either way, glad to hear OP's mates had a worry free time.

Edited by steelepulse

I never use jet skis, my visiting friends used them and had no problems, people are warned about these things, it's up to them if they want to use them, coming on here and calling Thai people scum is in my book dangerous!!

Could both of you please learn to use the quote function. It ain't hard. One push of a button.

Could both of you please learn to use the quote function. It ain't hard. One push of a button.

Both who? why, is it very annoying!!

Edited by LivinginKata
quote corrected

So, even if they all were scum, why not say something positive about a good experience, in stead of the standard slagging off.

So, even if they all were scum, why not say something positive about a good experience, in stead of the standard slagging off.

I think it's easier for people to put a place or someone down rather than praise the place!! takes all sorts I guess!!

• Like 1

The problem is that a few bad apples have ruined it for everybody. I have no interest in death sports but if I were ever to try water skiing, you can bet I'll haul that sucker out of the water and give it a thorough visual inspection before I sign my life away. In fact I'd probably do this no matter what country I'm a tourist in.

Khun Lip, the young muslim lad that runs the jet skis at surin for his dad is a good lad. He is a young father and his new daughter and little boy (Sunni) are cute as. He used to be a skinny kid, but since running the skis he has been working out and is now quite beefed up.

However, lets us not forget that ALL of the restaurant development along that beachfront is illegal and on National Park land. Let us also not forget that this illegal development has fenced off all access to the beach with the exception the trash covered grass of suan lomar. They have also cut most of the ton son down and cemented over their stumps. Those few trees that remain are strangled by rings of concrete.

Oh, and let us not forget that in the last few years some of that beach front land was taken from a long term local by beating his daughter, burning his car...and when those strategies didn't work, buring his house and shop to the ground.

Easy to enjoy your jet ski ride and beer when you are a two week millionaire who actually knows nothing about Surin beach or its putrid criminal under belly.

I am sure most places here have a bad past are we to avoid all places that do have a history, I'm not bothered by what has happened in the past it has nothing to do with me, I am only interested in the now, the majority of tourists are not interested in the past they are on holiday! if you are the sort of person that boycotts a place because of what has happened how do you manage to live here?