PM Yingluck's fate to be decided today

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RT @Aim_NT: As Yingluck has remained in post as "caretaker" PM, the court will continue to rule on her status even after the Housearrow-10x10.png dissolution: court.

There goes one of her defenses.... Basically... She is not technically dead yet, and so can be killed.... lol

Edited by WoopyDoo

The reasoning for the court case is plainly obvious. The Senators who made the complaint to the court in the first place were the Gang of 40 - all anti Thaksin Senators. The complaint was made (2nd April) after the cabinet had agreed to reinstate Thawil (March 25th), so what motive was there in registering a complaint, other than being obviously political?

A farce.

Really, this is just so silly.

If someone gives the money back, it doesn't absolve them of robbery.

Yes you're right it is silly.

You may recall the exact same situation when abhisit transferred the Police Chief to get his choice of Police Chief installed. He was ordered to reinstate the Police Chief at the time - he did not do so. Eventually, after 4 years whistling.gif , the Court got round to doing something about it and ruled that abhisit was at fault. End of. No complaints by groups of Senators to the CC, nothing happened.

The Administration Court had already ruled the transfer of Thawil as "unlawful" and ordered the reinstatement of Thawil. That was done. End of. Or it should have been. Another case of abhisit transferring civil servants without penalty.

Lt-General Paradorn Pattanatabut was put in the post of NSC chief on October 1, 2012, to replace Wichean, who was made Transport Ministry permanent secretary.

Suranand said the court judgement inconvenienced the government because Paradorn was a favourite for the top post at NSC as he was very capable and had held the post of NSC deputy secretary-general before he was transferred to the PM's Office by Abhisit Vejjajiva's government.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Thawil-wins-reinstatement-new-hot-potato-for-premi-30228693.html

Another instance

For instance, when Democrat Party leader Abhisit was prime minister, he moved Piraphon Tritasawit from the position of the Interior Ministry permanent secretary to become an adviser to the PM's Office in 2009.

Though the Administrative Court decided that this transfer was illegal and instructed the government of the day to reinstate him, Abhisit did not comply with the ruling before Piraphon had to retire.

Yet now apparently, it's a heinous crime. By the way, your analogy of a robbery is just plain grandstanding. It's the transfer of a Civil Servant, not the Brinks Mat Robbery.

Edited by fab4

Judicial coup 3-2-1

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT RED SHEEPLE PIGEON IN ! WHO ! WHO ! WHO ! WHO !

I find it amusing that all those who are anti-gov paint everyone with the "Red Sheeple" brush. Here in CNX I know quite a few Reds who are NOT fans of Thaksin, and have no desire to see him come back. My wife, and the majority of her family and friends feel that way. But I guess when you are a die hard YELLOW SHIRT, and a Suthep worshiping BKK "elitist" thinking moron who has never taken the time to actually engage in a real conversation with the average RS, that's easy to do. whistling.gif

• Like 2

RT @Aim_NT: As Yingluck has remained in post as "caretaker" PM, the court will continue to rule on her status even after the Housearrow-10x10.png dissolution: court.

There goes one of her defenses.... Basically... She is not technically dead yet, and so can be killed.... lol

Everyone know that on Zombies you must remove the head.

Highly charged reporting on the BBC such as " YL fighting for political future ", " chaos ", " violence from her supporters " and Jonathan Head talking about the CC's hostility towards the Shins and their party, of a judicial coup and so on but discreetly ignoring all the intimidation from the reds, CAPO and cabinet ministers.

Will the court find according to points of law only or be mindful of the intimidation and potential consequences and acquit with some suitable words of disapproval ?

The Thais getting things done brings ' organising a piss up in a brewery ' to mind

I've had enough of Jonathan Head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you are representing a news service (BBC) that claims to be independent and unbiased then Head's type of reporting has no place in responsible journalism and certainly no place at the BBC. I would urge everyone who is sick of Head's biased and unbalanced reporting to lay a complaint with the BBC. Easily done. Just Google BBC complaints and the form takes just a few minutes to fill.

I like him he tells it like it is.

me too I think Jonathan Head an excellent reporter and the BBC very unbiased

Highly charged reporting on the BBC such as " YL fighting for political future ", " chaos ", " violence from her supporters " and Jonathan Head talking about the CC's hostility towards the Shins and their party, of a judicial coup and so on but discreetly ignoring all the intimidation from the reds, CAPO and cabinet ministers.

Will the court find according to points of law only or be mindful of the intimidation and potential consequences and acquit with some suitable words of disapproval ?

The Thais getting things done brings ' organising a piss up in a brewery ' to mind

I've had enough of Jonathan Head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you are representing a news service (BBC) that claims to be independent and unbiased then Head's type of reporting has no place in responsible journalism and certainly no place at the BBC. I would urge everyone who is sick of Head's biased and unbalanced reporting to lay a complaint with the BBC. Easily done. Just Google BBC complaints and the form takes just a few minutes to fill.

I like him he tells it like it is.

me too I think Jonathan Head an excellent reporter and the BBC very unbiased

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Did you not post here earlier that if she wasn't kicked out for this you'd run naked down the street someplace big fella? Lol wearing a purple wig and that's all ???

Pictures please as this should be good to see if you're a man of your word : D

Judicial coup 3-2-1

I find it amusing that all those who are anti-gov paint everyone with the "Red Sheeple" brush. Here in CNX I know quite a few Reds who are NOT fans of Thaksin, and have no desire to see him come back. My wife, and the majority of her family and friends feel that way. But I guess when you are a die hard YELLOW SHIRT, and a Suthep worshiping BKK "elitist" thinking moron who has never taken the time to actually engage in a real conversation with the average RS, that's easy to do. whistling.gif

this is absolutely spot on - most reds I know are not Thaksin lovers at all - just elite/ammart haters (not the same thing)

• Like 1

Judicial coup 3-2-1

I am sorry to hear that.....

Judicial coup 3-2-1

this is absolutely spot on - most reds I know are not Thaksin lovers at all - just elite/ammart haters (not the same thing)

please let me know who these ammart is....

Did you not post here earlier that if she wasn't kicked out for this you'd run naked down the street someplace big fella? Lol wearing a purple wig and that's all ???

Pictures please as this should be good to see if you're a man of your word : D

I said I would run down Walking Street wearing nothing but a Yingluck T-shirt

wai2.gif

I'll be there on Saturday night ...... with or without said garment.

The Cons Court refers to the urgent, highly confidential letter on Thawil's transfer which Yingluck signed on Monday Sept 5, 2011.

The proposal of Thawil's transfer was also passed on for Cabinet's approval. The letter was marked, "most Urgent." : court.

This is looking a bit better for me.

Court: Although Yingluck at the top post has the mandate to consider transfer of official, NSC should be trusted, the transfer .(cont)

Court: however, the PM must uphold the intention of the laws while considering any transfer.

Court: however, the plaintiff, Thawil said Yingluck's transfer of him was to pave the way for Priewpan, who is her relative. .

Court: Yingluck, as defendant, said she did not transfer unfairly, but it was DPM Kowit Wattana's consideration.

Still looking good for me :)

Edited by WoopyDoo

Glad to hear that Yinglucks relative could bring peace to the south....

6 years? Abhisit? That doesn't fit....but I can't find him on Wikipedia....Do you know when he got this position?

It is not illegal to have a different opinion than the Shinawatras so nothing wrong to be on the PDRC stage.

Well we'll never know now will we. Thawils in charge in the South, 4 explosions hit Hat Yai.............

Thawil was negotiating from 2005 to 2011 - this from the a non partisan editorial in The Nation whistling.gif

Yet they chose to ignore the fact that Thawil and Somkiart had, since 2005, been working behind the scenes on peace talks overseen by a European mediator.

Yingluck and her brother scrapped those efforts and began a new process,

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Thawil-saga-reveals-Bangkok-not-serious-about-peac-30232695.html

Edited by fab4

Is she in or out?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

still reading the verdict but getting closer now.

Not looking good for Poo.

Seems like they are publishing info to justify a negative ruling against her.

Hammering the nails in.

Is she in or out?

Hammering the nails in.

No they always explain it in detail, they could tell all negative and at the end finish with not guilty......

So don't celebrate too early....

Yingluck also said Thawil was "suitable" to be the PM's adviser (instead of being NSC chief). Also with Wichean's consent: court.

The court is referring to Wichean's statement that he was proud to be nat'l police chief and intended to stay until retirement.

Court: Wichean said he was proud over the 25 years of being police officer since beginning of his career.

Court: Yingluck took part in Thawil's transfer. She approved to submit the proposal to the Cabinet on Sept 6, 2011. Also in Cab meeting.

Edited by WoopyDoo

Really, this is just so silly.

If someone gives the money back, it doesn't absolve them of robbery.

Yes you're right it is silly.

You may recall the exact same situation when abhisit transferred the Police Chief to get his choice of Police Chief installed. He was ordered to reinstate the Police Chief at the time - he did not do so. Eventually, after 4 years whistling.gif , the Court got round to doing something about it and ruled that abhisit was at fault. End of. No complaints by groups of Senators to the CC, nothing happened.

The Administration Court had already ruled the transfer of Thawil as "unlawful" and ordered the reinstatement of Thawil. That was done. End of. Or it should have been. Another case of abhisit transferring civil servants without penalty.

Lt-General Paradorn Pattanatabut was put in the post of NSC chief on October 1, 2012, to replace Wichean, who was made Transport Ministry permanent secretary.

Suranand said the court judgement inconvenienced the government because Paradorn was a favourite for the top post at NSC as he was very capable and had held the post of NSC deputy secretary-general before he was transferred to the PM's Office by Abhisit Vejjajiva's government.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Thawil-wins-reinstatement-new-hot-potato-for-premi-30228693.html

Another instance

For instance, when Democrat Party leader Abhisit was prime minister, he moved Piraphon Tritasawit from the position of the Interior Ministry permanent secretary to become an adviser to the PM's Office in 2009.

Though the Administrative Court decided that this transfer was illegal and instructed the government of the day to reinstate him, Abhisit did not comply with the ruling before Piraphon had to retire.

Yet now apparently, it's a heinous crime. By the way, your analogy of a robbery is just plain grandstanding. It's the transfer of a Civil Servant, not the Brinks Mat Robbery.

Did Abhisit appoint any of his relatives in connection to the transfer?

Is she in or out?

Hammering the nails in.

No they always explain it in detail, they could tell all negative and at the end finish with not guilty......

So don't celebrate too early....

Not celebrating.

But the dialog seems to point to things that would justify a guilty verdict... seems strange to go into those 'specific' details and give a 'not guilty' result... If they were going to go with the 'not guilty' I would assume they would be relating a different set of pointers in the case.

Really just trying to read it in a logical sense.

Yingluck took part many times in Thawil's transfer: court.

Transferring government officials must be according to moral principle: court cited Article 268 of the charter.

Edited by WoopyDoo