Tot connection lost reset VoIP router or not?

Sandman77

Just the tot installation stuff was here sign up the landline , and connected a VoIP splitter to the modem

At the time stuff was here everything was working!

Now after a half our the system crashed I here only busy beep on my fax mashine no internet connection avalib bit lights on tp modem

Blink up normal

Does a complete crash many time happen before tot stuff was coming was heavey rain and lighting

Is it save to reset this VoIP splitter with a needle or I delete then some import end data stored inside?

A could reset take out the plug also not help

A direct connection telefon cable

With out splitter also nothing!

I think the devil hits the system hardly ..

Sorry Sandmann77, I need to edit your post a little so I can understand:

Posted Today, 16:45

Just the tot installation [staff] was here [connect] up the landline, and connected a VoIP [aDSL] splitter to the modem
At the time [staff] was here everything was working!
Now after a half [h]our the system crashed I [hear] only busy beep on my fax [machine] no internet connection [available] [but] lights on tp modem Blink up normal

Does a complete crash many time happen before tot [staff] was coming was [heavy] rain and lighting
Is it save [safe] to reset this VoIP [aDSL] splitter with a needle or I delete then some import end data stored inside?
A could reset take out the plug also not help
A direct connection telefon cable With out splitter also nothing!
I think the devil hits the system hardly ..

From what you have described, "a direct connection telephone cable without splitter and nothing!", if you connected a phone directly to the TOT wall outlet and 'nothing', then the line or equipment is probably damaged on TOT's side and you will need to contact TOT and ask them to fix it.

A 'DSL Splitter', as shown in the graphic above that MJCM posted, is a box with an electronic filter placed on the PHONE port that prevents high voltage and signal meant for the DSL modem that could cause noise or damage to any connected telephone equipment. It normally doesn't have a reset switch.

• Like 1

Internet signal comes back but phone still not working

I got a voice over ip converterbox

That is only connected to the Ethernet port of modem and has 2 phone line outputs

Since when tot switch the normal analogue signal off and change to voice over ip protocol?

Do you mean this ???

http://www.totnetcall.com/ <- Is this TOT Voip ???

If ADSL is working again, talk to your VOIP provider why it ain't working.

And Please Please Please when you post give us more information and try to explain a bit better because we aren't all working in the field of cryptanalysis

Edited by MJCM

Internet signal comes back but phone still not working

I got a voice over ip converterbox

That is only connected to the Ethernet port of modem and has 2 phone line outputs

Since when tot switch the normal analogue signal off and change to voice over ip protocol?

Sandman77,

I wouldn't refer to the VoIP Ethernet Adapter as a 'splitter' or converter (this was the confusing part). Call it a VoIP Ethernet Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA).

What is the make/model?

Normally you would just need to power-cycle the adapter and let it re-establish a connection to the VoIP Server after an outage. If for some reason the account and setup information on the VoIP adapter was corrupted then you (or TOT) will need to connect to the device setup page and re-enter the account and LAN data.

Look anything like this one?

ata_pap2t-540x567.jpg

Edited by RichCor

I believe that in some internet access installations (could be DSL or fiber), TOT is offering traditional (analog) voice services (voice, fax) via VoIP. They could do this with an integrated device, aka a VoIP router, or with a separate device as pictured above. Presumably they do not have traditional voice shelves serving the OP's area so this is the only way they can deliver voice and data. (Obviously DSL and analog voice can operate on the same copper wire, but the OP's installation appears to be "greenfield".)

The VoIP adapter (ATA) could need to be re-configured or replaced, or TOT could have an issue with their VoIP gateway. (This assumes that voice and fax were working at some point prior to the storm, visit from the devil, etc.) Either way, best to contact TOT and hope for the best.

Edited by lomatopo

I believe that in some internet access installations (could be DSL or fiber), TOT is offering traditional (analog) voice services (voice, fax) via VoIP. They could do this with an integrated device, aka a VoIP router, or with a separate device as pictured above. Presumably they do not have traditional voice shelves serving the OP's area so this is the only way they can deliver voice and data. (Obviously DSL and analog voice can operate on the same copper wire, but the OP's installation appears to be "greenfield".)

The VoIP adapter (ATA) could need to be re-configured or replaced, or TOT could have an issue with their VoIP gateway. (This assumes that voice and fax were working at some point prior to the storm, visit from the devil, etc.) Either way, best to contact TOT and hope for the best.

And pray you are not dealing with the same people at TOT that I am dealing with, no internet and all attempts at diagnosing the problem come up saying 'Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP address, still TOT insist the internet is working. Also the home phone connected to the same service gives a loud beep about every half minute in spite of still being able to make calls on it. I had all these same problems a couple of years ago and it took a direct call to the manager at the Hang Dong workshops to get any action, he said to me when are you going home [about 40 k's] I said now and he said he would come out himself, by the time I got home he was waiting at my house for me and had it all up and running in minutes. What a pity TOT do not employ a few more as dedicated as this man.

I thanks for help!

Signal comes back

Phone avalibility unstable sometimes line busy

Since VoIP is activated DSL line crash more often signal disappear come back

This the exact Modell I got!

http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=42744

Thx all for help

I did not make any reset

Must try is sending a fax possible

Some source say that VoIP can make problems

This night something strange happens

It beginn at 3.30 in the night, the VoIP telefon my fax machine rings up every have our , but only 2 time!

Is this a protocol fault.?

What do the logs on your box or account say?