Yingluck ousted: Profile

webfact

Thai leader Yingluck Shinawatra was more than just her brother’s clone

Yingluck Shinawatra was derided by her foes, but she showed that she was much more than a mere clone of her brother Thaksin

Ultimately undone by Thailand's courts, Yingluck Shinawatra laboured under claims she was a stooge for her exiled brother. Yet the kingdom's first female prime minister also displayed unexpected resilience during a turbulent stay in office.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1506884/thai-leader-yingluck-shinawatra-was-more-just-her-brothers-clone

History will give Yingluck great credit for her conduct since November

THAILAND EXPERT MICHAEL MONTESANO

How do you know how history will percieve YL? History is still being written from her position as PM! Only time will tell how her actions are remembered. Some would say she was a puppet who followed orders and some will say she was a good leader. The same they did to Nixon. Besides, we dont know what skeletons she has kept in the closet and that may take time. We do know she is facing inquiries that can lead to criminal charges. I will have to say you are no real expert on thailand. You cant even mae an educated guess at this moment simply because it is too soon to tell.

Sure the Red party news will paint her the glorious fighter for RED democracy and the DEMS already show her as a putz, puppet and patsy PM.

The northerners see her as a hero and the southerners see her as a crook and ignorant at that. So her name in the future may very well be spoken under breath with shame

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The country was controlled for decades by an unelected military - elite network.

The devastating effects of the financial crisis of the late 1990's loosed their stranglehold over the nation and its people just long enough for the 1997 constitution to slip through.

It is this constitution that ended their dictatorship and gave birth to Thaksin.

Thaksin is not pure, but in his defence - nobody can swim in the filthy swamp of Thai politics and remain clean.

He was cleaner than all who preceded him and he will be cleaner than any unelected clowns that may follow him.

The turmoil ends when those that once oppressed the nation and its poor accept that those days are over and democracy is here to stay.

Thai corruption will come under control when those same people put their energies and focus into being a good opposition and holding the government accountable in parliament instead of trying to find illegal shortcuts to power and the nations expense.

With what his sister is going through maybe the question should be...does he care about anyone?

The answer is an emphatic YES!

He cares a great deal about the poor.

The forgotten majority of Thais.

And that is why the man is revered by many, many millions of Thais as all but a living god.

Thaksin and his familys' sacrifices of blood sweat and tears - shed for the betterment of the nation have already ensured that they are etched into the DNA of this nation and its people and will remain so for millennia to come.

A square faced modern day Thai Jesus Christ

• Like 1

' She turned into a real politician ' YES, she avoided responsibility, didn't bother with parliamentary sessions or committee meetings and went on unnecessary overseas trips.

She turned into a real 'Thai politician'...... Which means absolutely nothing to anyone. It certainly aint no accolade :)

I've seen it all now, brainwashed supporters, not only saying that Thaskin isn't Elite (555 yeah right, if not why has he been putting family members in top positions and trying to put friends and family in charge of the anti- corruption organisation; you don't get more elitiest than that!), but now, Thaksin - a Thai Jesus Christ!!!???

What planet do these people come from? If he gave one monkey's about the poor, he wouldn't have tried to push through the amnesty bill and he would have made sure all the missing billions missing from the rice scheme went to the poor, not rich corrupted officials.

Unbelievable how people fall for such propaganda and brainwashing.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

The country was controlled for decades by an unelected military - elite network.

The devastating effects of the financial crisis of the late 1990's loosed their stranglehold over the nation and its people just long enough for the 1997 constitution to slip through.

It is this constitution that ended their dictatorship and gave birth to Thaksin.

Thaksin is not pure, but in his defence - nobody can swim in the filthy swamp of Thai politics and remain clean.

He was cleaner than all who preceded him and he will be cleaner than any unelected clowns that may follow him.

The turmoil ends when those that once oppressed the nation and its poor accept that those days are over and democracy is here to stay.

Thai corruption will come under control when those same people put their energies and focus into being a good opposition and holding the government accountable in parliament instead of trying to find illegal shortcuts to power and the nations expense.

With what his sister is going through maybe the question should be...does he care about anyone?

And that is why the man is revered by many, many millions of Thais as all but a living god.

Thaksin and his familys' sacrifices of blood sweat and tears - shed for the betterment of the nation have already ensured that they are etched into the DNA of this nation and its people and will remain so for millennia to come.

Tears yes....crocodile from him, a deluge from her.

The blood was mostly other people's, though, not their own.

A square faced modern day Thai Jesus Christ, eh? Right up there with other side nutter's Mandela of the East.cheesy.gif

"He cares a great deal about the poor.

And that is why the man is revered by many, many millions of Thais as all but a living god."

You'll pardon me if I thought you were referring to a completely different person?

"A square faced modern day Thai Jesus Christ "

OMG !! I think you just offended millions of Christians with this little gem.

Why not go all the way and say "He's The Lord Buddha incarnate"?

"He cares a great deal about the poor.

And that is why the man is revered by many, many millions of Thais as all but a living god."

You'll pardon me if I thought you were referring to a completely different person?

"A square faced modern day Thai Jesus Christ "

OMG !! I think you just offended millions of Christians with this little gem.

Why not go all the way and say "He's The Lord Buddha incarnate"?

Give it a little more time and Siddhartha he may yet be.

Are there legal consequences for "illegal" behavior in this case?

No.

The objective wasn't to punish a crime - because their was none.

The objective was to remove a Prime Minister, regardless of the laws of the land.

That's what the bought, crooked and corrupt judges have done

There will be no punitive consequences for Yingluck, only for the majority of Thais who elected her.

I don't think that te statement "the majority of Thais [..] elected her" is entirely true.

Her party did not get 50% of the votes, PT could only get a governing majority with the help of other parties.

And then, in such a case it is misleading to call this "the majority of Thais"; it was - if anything -a majority of voting Thais. That's not the same thing. In February this year, this was some 10 million Thais, the other 30 millions of Thais (who can vote) did not vote for her.

And then Yingluck forgot that she should have been the PM of all Thais and all Thailand, not just her voters and her brother. That was it what ultimately broke her neck.

• Like 1

Are there legal consequences for "illegal" behavior in this case?

No.

The objective wasn't to punish a crime - because their was none.

The objective was to remove a Prime Minister, regardless of the laws of the land.

That's what the bought, crooked and corrupt judges have done

There will be no punitive consequences for Yingluck, only for the majority of Thais who elected her.

I don't think thPT could only get a governing majority with the help of other parties.

And then, in such a case it is misleading to call this "the majority of Thais"; it was - if anything -a majority of voting Thais. That's not the same thing. In February this year, this was some 10 million Thais, the other 30 millions of Thais (who can vote) did not vote for her.

And then Yingluck forgot that she should have been the PM of all Thais and all Thailand, not just her voters and her brother. That was it what ultimately broke her neck.

PT could only get a governing majority with the help of other parties.

Wrong!

PTP did received less than 50% of the popular vote but they did get more than 50% of the seats in the lower house.

The number of seats in the lower house determines who forms government

The PTP won enough seats to form government in their own right but opted to form a coalition with other minor parties.

No matter which side of the fence your on, This is the most ridiculous post I have read in years. It is a screamer, I will dare to bet even some of the pro gov posters would chuckle at this, this is not a wind up it is beyond belief.

Retain your stance and put the good points of your posts to the rest BUT writing crap for the sake of it. You ought to get knighted (is that the right word)

No matter which side of the fence your on, This is the most ridiculous post I have read in years. It is a screamer, I will dare to bet even some of the pro gov posters would chuckle at this, this is not a wind up it is beyond belief.

Retain your stance and put the good points of your posts to the rest BUT writing crap for the sake of it. You ought to get knighted (is that the right word)

I thought it was sarcasm! It has to be! It is too absurd to be anything other than sarcasm. A square-faced Christ. C'mon. Hahaha.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, I will remember the good things about Yingluck's time in power. In my field she supported the principle of universal health care coverage and oversaw important extensions of coverage for stateless people, and migrant workers and their children. I concur with the view that she exercised considerable restraint in recent months, and have to say that I felt safer under Yingluck's watch than either that of her brother or the Abhisit administration. She may have liked shopping, but was certainly not keen on live fire zones.

She may have liked shopping, nothing wrong with that. Better then her predecessor who's 'hobby' was cleaning General Prem's boots and listening to new orders. The Democrat LOL!

I stand by you beloved Yingluck. Thailand never had a PM before with such great international exposure. Human, social, peaceful. Whatever character will follow up your role will be a catastrophic disappointment.

You just have to love the Shinawat supporters on ThaiVisa-' beloved Yingluck' and 'a square faced Jesus' 5555, great senses of humour.

I can see it now, an exclusive interview of Thaksin by the intrepid reporter, Mr Torkmada from The Dubai Times;

Torkmada:' Your Excellency Dr Thaksin,

I am less than the dust under your shoe but if I may be so bold as to ask, what do you think of the recent 2 verdicts regarding your clone, I mean your sister?'

The Great Man:' Oh Lord Buddha, forgive them for they know not they have done'

The third PM from the Thaksin camp ousted.....doesn't that say something about Thaksins governing methods...?

3rd time unlucky.....

Most All rational people would say it says a lot about the corrupted courts.

I would also say that the third time is the last time.

The game is over for the elites and their crooked judges.

A new constitutions coming and the gerrymanders that have enabled these farces to occur shall be discarded in favour of true democratic principles that adhere to the notion of 1 man 1 vote.

The next Thai PM will leave office only when he / she loses an election - not as a result of corrupt old men subverting the will of the people.

Happy Days are coming

Nonsense and sophistry. There is no more logic to support your hypothesis than to say all rational people would say it says a lot about a political party controlled by a crook breaking the laws and rules.

I thought it was sarcasm! It has to be! It is too absurd to be anything other than sarcasm. A square-faced Christ. C'mon. Hahaha.

I am not sure for certain, BUT reading other replies from him etc could be daft enough to be serious. Total wind up merchant goring posters to infringe forum rules in their replies, this is how it looks to me. 3 famous ones Torkmoonfab. Think it's time for mods to have a word about the gist of the posts rather than the actual posts.