Paying bills by motorcycle

thailiketoo

My wife misplaced the water bill and we got a past due notice. We owed 200 baht for a month but instead of the normal payment method of going to the 7/11 (pay cash, electric, water and so on) we had to pay it at the Water Office. I don't know where the Water office is, so I called a motorcycle taxi and gave her the bill and 200 cash (payment) and 60 baht commission and she paid it, no problem. She rode her cycle 5 miles, waited in line and paid the bill for 60 baht. Not a bad deal. The same service has been available anywhere I have lived in Thailand.

Edited by thailiketoo

Many things here are very convenient beyond what people would imagine. Easy for an old guy like me to live with no problems.

Especially if the motorcycle taxi girl returns with the paid invoice while your wife is out shopping.

Yes I have heard of this service too.. with a 200 bill i would do it but a couple of 1000 not (not that water is ever that expensive)

We have 1 motorbike guy we trust, he often goes with 200.000 to the bank.

If that sounds crazy, read that:

One other motorbike guy we know (actually a friend) in the south has the ATM cards from a few people and the code. If they need money they call him, he takes the money from the ATM and delivers it crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Yes I have heard of this service too.. with a 200 bill i would do it but a couple of 1000 not (not that water is ever that expensive)

One other motorbike guy we know (actually a friend) in the south has the ATM cards from a few people and the code. If they need money they call him, he takes the money from the ATM and delivers it crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Ok... that is a lot of trust, but its your money your risk. Though in the end living your life without trusting people is no fun. I tend to trust people but 200k is a bit much.

Ok... that is a lot of trust, but its your money your risk. Though in the end living your life without trusting people is no fun. I tend to trust people but 200k is a bit much.

We have that twice a month...I simply can't waste 3 hours at the bank for a money transfer.....I think for larger sums my wife send 2 people.

But there is an easier way, just get your water bill automatically deducted. That is what we did after often loosing it. Much easier even as the solution of the OP.

If loosing here the water counter guy comes and tells us to pay or he cut the water, than we give him the, I don't know 50 Baht and everyone is happy.

Things are easy in Thailand......

Motorbike guys are very useful...you can use them for almost everything. Needed once a medical certificate....wife sent the motorbike guy.....I got the letter that I am healthy....Buy the beer...no matter what time or what special day....have the neighbor dealing with narcotics....tell it the motorbike guy...in every of these motorbike gangs is one police informer.....

Your friend has more trust than me.