Violent Thailand clashes feared in 'final all-out battle' with government

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Pheu Thai legal expert and strategist Bhokin Bhalakula said action taken against Ms Yingluck in the courts adds weight to the party’s insistence that efforts were being made to overthrow the democratic system.

“This is a new form of coup, which is built to foster the new ruling system,” he said, adding the public should oppose the “conspiracy” by conducting demonstrations and filing complaints and lawsuits."

The public should file lawsuits and complaints? wut? Go strum your balalaika Bhalakula, you lost the plot a long time ago. giggle.gif

Edited by Thaiisnotrequired

This has always been the endgame scenario.

Yingluck's deft hand was the only thing that delayed Sutheps bloodlust from eventuating much, much sooner.

Now that she's gone Thailand and Thais are going to suffer a great deal.

How we all will regret the day the silly corrupted and crooked courts were allowed to remove the only stable, level headed voice of reason in the land from the drivers seat.

Good luck to all those brave (or foolish) enough to hit the streets in the coming days and weeks to defend democracy.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Yingluck the voice of reason - she cant even put her vote in a box!! Hopw many times do you need to be told DEMOCRACY is not about pilaging a country to bring back a wanted dictator!!! Red apologists!!!!!!!!!!!! WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yingluck kept the coup mad criminal elite establishment at bay for nearly 3 years.

An astonishing accomplishment.

The pillaging of the country took place between 1932 and 2001.

Thailands' enormous disparity in wealth distribution proves this to be true.

TRT, PPP and PTP are righting the wrongs of the past and they will continue to do so as soon as they win the next election.

"The pillaging of the country took place between 1932 and 2001." cheesy.gifclap2.gif

You, my dear sir, should be on the stage... that one cracked me up! cheesy.gifgiggle.gif

Yingluck's deft hand was the only thing that delayed Sutheps bloodlust from eventuating much, much sooner.

How we all will regret the day the silly corrupted and crooked courts were allowed to remove the only stable, level headed voice of reason in the land from the drivers seat.

Good luck to all those brave (or foolish) enough to hit the streets in the coming days and weeks to defend democracy.

" the only stable, level headed voice of reason in the land "

Never seen a head of state crying 3 times infront of camera before, is that your definition of "stable"?

The reds already had their rally planned for the 10th and the yellows/PDRC for the 14th, why on earth has this Lunatic and madman Suthep now brought his forward to clash with the red one. It appears the evil little fool is just busting for extreme violence and is prepared to sacrifice lives of his people for his personal gain.

This numbskull must know by deliberately forcing a confrontation with red supporters it is going to full on hell. What happened to his peaceful approach. If anyone dies then Suthep alone will have to take full responsibility

Putting these two groups together is just plain stupid. I'd be surprised if the military don't read them both the riot act shortly.

• Like 1

PDRC in the city, trying to appoint a new government. UDD in the city, trying to stop that from happening. Meanwhile, no solid next-steps in sight regarding an interim government. At least none agreed upon by both sides. So, violent clashes look likely (although I sincerely hope not), a useless police force just cowers in fear and the next thing you know, you hear the rumbling of battle tanks on Sukhumvit Road. Again, I sincerely hope this is just not going to happen.

any party that puts the airport out of action for months in the past has to be feared as ruthless criminal thugs without any conscience

"airport out of action for months"

Ten days or so, I'd grant you, but to claim "months" is surely a gross exaggeration & inaccurate ? wink.png

"any party", wasn't that the PAD at the airports, they went on to form the New Politics Party, who've yet to get an MP elected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Alliance_for_Democracy

• Like 1

any party that puts the airport out of action for months in the past has to be feared as ruthless criminal thugs without any conscience

Ten days or so, I'd grant you, but to claim "months" is surely a gross exaggeration & inaccurate ? wink.png

"any party", wasn't that the PAD at the airports, they went on to form the New Politics Party, who've yet to get an MP elected.

And who was the P.M. at the time of the PAD intrusion into swampy?wink.png

This article would be balanced if they printed more than just Pheu Thai/UDD's fantasy that democracy is being threatened by the judicial system. It's a premise that should be challenged and represented in print. That also is part of the story. This is something that Khaosod would do, and they're no model. The process of law is a vital part of any democracy. Don't expect Pheu Thai and the UDD to bring that up any time soon, however. They have never had respect for the courts. Surely foreign publications have picked up on that by this point.

Then why don't the courts publicly go on the record with the transcripts of the hearings? Do they have something to hide is a valid question...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on TAT this is tailor made for you - market as visit Thailand and see the the actual End of Days.

if it's a success we can do it all again next year.

And the year after... Each year the reds will form government and the courts will go about dismantling them as has been the case for years now.

The problem lies with both sides, suthep is an idiot and doesnt know when to quit and the reds are simply doing what they always do, threaten to kill people. The reds need to tone down their crap and approach this like humans, not neanderthols, all they are capable of is violence as they cannot accept anyone elses decisions even when they are based on fact and law. Suthep simply wants to bignote himself, he needs to realize that he accomplished what he started and now is the time to leave it alone. The reds and the yellows both need to be stopped but the police are siding with the yellows and the armed forces are yet to show their hand, time the ptp started taking some responsibility for stirring the pot with their pathetic rhetoric as well, they need to grow up and tell the reds to pull back.

The police are siding with the yellows?.....................did i miss something??huh.png

Yes, someone is all at sea lol and needs to lay anchor and edit post. Must be to busy cooking shrimp.

I really dont know much about Thai politics as quite a few other contributers clearly dont either, judging by some of the moronic contributions.

However, casting my mind back to the last full election the democrats lost emphatically and Aphasit resigned. This was the point that this all began. The powers that be (clan name unknown) persuaded him to stay, he would be the puppet leader, much the same as Yinluck for the Pheu Thai party.

There was no way that the democrats were going to win an election any time soon so the powers that be started agitatiing through the senate/house and then on the streets. lo and behold Yinluck and her buddies showed how truly incompetant they are by handing them a golden opportunity by trying to change the constitution. The powers that be (clan name unknown) (maybe they operate from Dubai too) dragged super hero Suthep out of retirement to lead the crusade. Super hero performed admiraly, getting thousands of devoted followers on to the street. A great battle was won and the constitution was saved. Yinluck mortally wounded retreated. Super hero, now bouyed by his success and receiving adulation and money from his followers and the powers that be (clan name unknown) became greedy and went for broke. Besieging government buildings everywhere, marching in the street and causing fear and trepidation throughout the land.

The final battle was the rallying cry after each failed attack. Super hero became desperate and even threatened to kill himself ( it is believed some even offered to help him). The adoring followers had seen enough and rode off into the night, back to their farms, businesses and mansions.

Meanwhile Yinluck and her gang terminated parliament, fled into the night and called new elections. Super Hero, frothing at the mouth, screaming about democracy, proclaimed himself oh great leader and set about obstructing a new election and thus destroying any semblance of democracy. The amiable Aphasit stuck his head above the parapet to say that the democrats would not contest an election, a big boost for democracy and democrat supporters. And yet another final battle was proclaimed, and yet another election was called.

Having watched from afar in the northern half of the country the red hordes were amassing and issuing statements of menace and intent. Super Hero and his twenty supporters and the powers that be (clan name unknown) paid little heed to these rumblings and persued Yinluck like rabid dogs. Yet another final battle.

Finally the courts of the land ousted Yinluck and another puppet was put in her place. The reds now seething with anger and hatred headed for the capital.

Cast your mind forward a week, month or year or two.

The final, final, grand final battle occurs, the army intervenes and takes power. The reds go back home and revert to planting only one crop of rice because theres no gauranteed price. The Rubber planters go back home to be greated by insurgents and bombs and the powers that be (clan name unknown) go back to their mansions to lick their wounds and plot for another day. Thai visa contributers steadfastly stay at their Iphones and computers happily bagging anything Thai and planning their next assault on immigration.

Eventually an election is called and the inevitable happens and Pheu Thai win and another final battle is called.

What of super hero, Yinluck and Aphasit, they are in Dubai with super super hero reminiscing about the glory days over a gin and tonic.

• Like 1

What final clash?

The final battle was already over yesterday, and SUTHEP won.

Yingluck loose face and already packing (for Dubai I guess).

She did not loose face at all in fact she looks even better as an honest and beautiful woman in contrast to the bald headed old farts who comprise a court that is now the laughing stock of the international community.

She has not yet been banned from politics and unless she is found guilty which she will be of course over the rice pledge scheme she can come back and win another election as soon as July unless it does not take place which of course it won't. Either way she will not be going to Dubai as she has commited no crimes.

Are you saying that those who have gone to Dubai have committed crimes = Mr T ?

you are the new Anderson twit aren't you? Thaksins crooked solicitor reincarnate?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

What final clash?

She did not loose face at all in fact she looks even better as an honest and beautiful woman in contrast to the bald headed old farts who comprise a court that is now the laughing stock of the international community.

She has not yet been banned from politics and unless she is found guilty which she will be of course over the rice pledge scheme she can come back and win another election as soon as July unless it does not take place which of course it won't. Either way she will not be going to Dubai as she has commited no crimes.

Yep, she didn't commit any crimes, she was just being controlled courtesy of Dubai aka the REAL PM.

She was the pretty face of Pheu Thai that overshadows and covers up the REAL Pheu Thai mafia in Ploddi, Nopparit, Kittirat etc. in the crime corruption they commit behind closed doors,

And yes, regardless, Yingluck or no Yingluck, the Election-Collection-Committee have been bought and rigged from Dubai in advance, and you know what that means,... bing!!!!

This does not bode well for the average unsuspecting peace seeking Thai...blood will flow...a real free for all to ensue...no one will be apprehended...no one will go to jail...just business as usual...This is Thailand...

The reds already had their rally planned for the 10th and the yellows/PDRC for the 14th, why on earth has this Lunatic and madman Suthep now brought his forward to clash with the red one. It appears the evil little fool is just busting for extreme violence and is prepared to sacrifice lives of his people for his personal gain.

This numbskull must know by deliberately forcing a confrontation with red supporters it is going to full on hell. What happened to his peaceful approach. If anyone dies then Suthep alone will have to take full responsibility

Putting these two groups together is just plain stupid. I'd be surprised if the military don't read them both the riot act shortly.

Agree and that is why I was saying Suthep is an idiot to move his rally forward to coincide with the reds. He should have left his rally on the 14th for the sake of at least a little peace.

• Like 1

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Yingluck the voice of reason - she cant even put her vote in a box!! Hopw many times do you need to be told DEMOCRACY is not about pilaging a country to bring back a wanted dictator!!! Red apologists!!!!!!!!!!!! WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

You whinge so well. Maybe your mother likes it, and served you mushy peas at the retort.

Laughable.

3NUMBAS never lets the facts get in the way of a lie if he can help it.

• Like 1

My God, you have brought whinging to a new plateau. Apologists? Try another tack, whiner.

Please all members should go to Church like I am going tomorrow to pray for peace and unity government.

Pray is the answer Let us all pray

Prayer is not superficial. It is sacred. Prayer will not help the people who do not pray.

What final clash?

Not so fast there. Pause for a moment and think about the situation. Is what Suthep has won worth it?

The courts have made Yingluk a martyr on the international political stage and have not aquitted themselves well in the eyes of international community. She will travel the world at will with the status of having a politically motivated conviction by a biased court and the rest of the World will mock Thailand, just as they did with her brother.

But it does not end there.

You see if Suthep manages to stage a coup with the help of the courts, Senate and possibly even from the military, what does he control? Only those bits of ground his mob guards - but is he really in control of his mob?. The monk appears to want something different from Suthep. Is there a schism? If there is, who knows where that may lead, but wherever it is, it is not good for the country.

The army took notice when they were told stage a coup and we will ignore it. That is exactly what will hapen to Il Duce. But then he has another problem - apart from the economy, which is tanking and the forthcoming credit rating downgrade both of which are largely due to the activities of the PRDC. The army want to keep Thailand as one country. Il Duce may force a split. But it will not be just a North/South split. Suthep and his political backers only control part of Bangkok and some of the southern provinces. A divided Bangkok is a possibility, but then there is the former Sultanate of Patini where the insurgents want to form an autonomous region. By my reckoning, Thailand could become a federal state consisting of at least 6 autonomous regions (5 if Lanna/Isaan become one region with close to half of the population of Thailand). How many of those regions will Suthep control, even if backed by the army?

74% of all government expenditure is spent in the greater Bangkok area. Dream on if you think for one moment that those regions will continue subsidising the greater Bangkok area and the bloated military and public sector.

The nightmare continues. The people who have had the election stolen from them will neither forgive nor forget what Suthep and his mob has done. If a government were appointed, it could expect to encounter resistance at all levels. Put another way, an appointed government might well find itself unable to raise enough money from taxes and borrowing (junk status by that point) to fund its day to day activities.

Even if a federal system does not come about, at least immediately, there is the real prospect of Thailand having two governments. Which government, if any, will be recognized by the International coommunity? My best guess is that both will be recognized by different countries and that would be the worst possible result.

OK, this is a bad case, but realistic, scenario. It is not, however, the worst case scenario. Sadly, there are people on both sides of this divide that are willing to take it to another level.

Are you still rejoicing over Suthep's pyrrhic victory instead of asking yourself why now and why does he and his cronies want to inflict this on the country?

edited to correct spelling error.

Edited by rreddin
  • Like 1

I knew that getting Yingluck out was not going to be enough for them. They want total control and the ability to ban whoever they wish from politics.

Even if it was not fair to remove YL legally, I believe it is best for the country since so many people are against her personally. Hopefully now we can have an election and get back to something resembling democracy. BTW Suthep's insane ideas and plans are not democratic and with YL gone his insanity is going to find less and less support.

I am sorry to say you are in cloud cuckoo land. This has always been about a power grab and nothing whatsoever to do with ending corruption or making reforms. That was a lie to dupe the Bangkok middle classes who, predictably, fell for it hook, line and sinker. It is all about a group of conservative royalist Bangkok elites wanting to turn the clock back to what they see as the halcyon days. The problem they have is that the genie is out of the bottle and try as they might, they cannot get it back in again.

• Like 1