Buying Ibuprofen in Thailand

Hi can someone advise me what ibuprofen is sold in Thailand and attach a photo ideally 400mg dosage packet ,along with a price for 10 and ideally where I can buy it i.e pharmacy chains.

I've just been into a few Thai pharmacies and asked but what I'm being offered appears 3 times the price than in the UK. I'm using it to reduce inflammation.

Many thanks in advance to any help offered.

Too many brand names to begin to list, let alone show pictures of. Literally dozens.

Just avoid the imports and get locally made. Ask for ibuprofen (showing the name written down) and a brand made in Thailand. Should be very inexpensive.

Don't do this at a Boots or Watsons, they tend to carry imports and other expensive brands.

Too many brand names to begin to list, let alone show pictures of. Literally dozens.

Just avoid the imports and get locally made. Ask for ibuprofen (showing the name written down) and a brand made in Thailand. Should be very inexpensive.

Don't do this at a Boots or Watsons, they tend to carry imports and other expensive brands.

Hello Mate yeh I've tried this I'm in Samui, so there's plenty of Tourist targeted Pharmacies which are obviously ripping unsuspecting people off, finding one where I'm not going to be financing the shop owners child's college education is proving somewhat tricky, there insisting they've only got the imports which I know is total BS.

i have to say that although we have many brands and generics here, for some reason , advil gel caps are the only ones that seem to work the best. psychological? not sure but my kids and friends say the same.. and the few times ive used thai generic acamol i was ill, maybe there is some addittives that are different among different brands in different countries? ... jsut a side comment...

i have to say that although we have many brands and generics here, for some reason , advil gel caps are the only ones that seem to work the best. psychological? not sure but my kids and friends say the same.. and the few times ive used thai generic acamol i was ill, maybe there is some addittives that are different among different brands in different countries? ... jsut a side comment...

Gelcaps are my favorite also.

Personally, with medications I no longer scrimp on local brands. Why risk poor quality pharmaceuticals when 3x the price back home is still a small amount of money?

Whats more important? Correct dosage. Clean product. There are too many examples of testing results showing these local brands do not meet Western Pharma standards.

China, India, mislabled Thailand. No thanks.

Western Europe, US, Japan. OK.

Good luck

Gelcaps are my favorite also.

Personally, with medications I no longer scrimp on local brands. Why risk poor quality pharmaceuticals when 3x the price back home is still a small amount of money?

Whats more important? Correct dosage. Clean product. There are too many examples of testing results showing these local brands do not meet Western Pharma standards.

China, India, mislabled Thailand. No thanks.

Western Europe, US, Japan. OK.

Good luck

Could you please expand on where to view these test results? I would like to compare for myself.

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is old but for anybody else reading.  The pharmacies in places like BIG C and Tesco Lotus are the cheapest in my experience.   I think 6 tabs of Ibuprofen (Nurofen is the thai name that I seem to be offered most often) cost about 35 baht.  There are 2 strengths and that price is for the lesser strength.  If you start going to phramacies on the street in places like Sukhumvit I guess they have higher overheads and the price is therefore bumped up.  And don't even bother on the islands like Koh Tao and Koh Chang.  150 baht+.

take it with food, and even then NSAIDs  can be risky for  heart  and  H. Pylori,  they  "work"  but ....... I doubt generics or non local brands make much difference , Thais probably call it "Ibu"  or something  ;  IMO  NSAIDs  esp for older folks  are more risky than most people think   e.g.  GI bleeds

Both Boots and Watsons sell 400mg Ibuprofin for between 30 and 50 baht for a 10 pill pack.  Many non-chain pharmacy's sell 600mg  10 packs for B30 and up, including the pharmacy on Sukhumvit close to Bully's between soi's 2 & 4.

I have never noticed any difference in effectiveness between Ibuprofin made in Thailand or USA.

On 11/12/2017 at 11:28 PM, dddave said:

Both Boots and Watsons sell 400mg Ibuprofin for between 30 and 50 baht for a 10 pill pack.  Many non-chain pharmacy's sell 600mg  10 packs for B30 and up, including the pharmacy on Sukhumvit close to Bully's between soi's 2 & 4.

I haven't done extensive research, but each time I've gone to buy ibuprofren in Thailand it's always been in relatively large dosage, usually 600 mg.  I'm used to Advil in the USA which is 200mg and recommended dosage is one tablet/caplet every 4 to 6 hours, and that's usually adequate for my aches and pains.

Next time I'll check Boots/Watsons for 400mg and slice them in half.

• Like 1

I live in the sticks, and our local cemists  sells ibuprofen,200 mg, 400 mg, and 600 mg, all localy made I pay 25 baht /10 pack  .thay  do the job .

Diclofenac  50mg  which I have used costs the same , one local chemist charges 250 baht for 100 mg  diclofenac.