NACC indicts Yingluck, asks Senate to impeach her as PM

webfact

This dirt will never see a day in jail. Sad but true.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

Corruption under the tutelage of her brother.

PS are you suggesting she is cleaner than Thaksin?

Not only is she cleaner than Thaksin, it follows that she is also cleaner than all those who Thaksin is cleaner than which is every single PM in the the conga line of unelected corrupt military backed individuals that preceded him and then throw in Abhisit and the other 2006 coup fool Surayad(?).

Edited by Torkmada
  • Like 1

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the evidence of what she did wrong? It seems that many TV members and loud anti gov Thais keep asserting she has stolen from the country to make her family rich and Thailand is poor because of the Shin clan. What has been proven so far or strong evidence presented in favor to makes people so adamant against her position.?

read the verdict of the CC

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This decision is absolutely idiotic and will ultimately cause enormous harm to the country.

The coup appointed NACC and the majority military puppets in the senate playing nothing but political games for the people who put them there.

This idiotic decision just fuels the fire and divides the country further. Another case of the people behind all this of saying you can only be corrupt if you are on our side!

If the ex PM is impeached and criminal charges brought against her every single Thaj politician, government contractors, civil servants have to be prosecuted.
There is no one in this country in any position of power who can cast the first stone - the entire country lives of nepotism, connections and corruption!

The people behind this have robbed the country for decades have stolen 100's of billions from the Thai people and now go on raiding pretending they have the countries best interest at heart.

If this stupid military coup appointed NACC wants to clean up the country then they are the first ones who should be replaced!

Thailand will soon end up in a civil war where no one is safe anymore just because of a few old stubborn men who have no vision for the country - only a selfish agenda destroying the country in the process!

Total rubbish comment, no basis whatever in reality or fact. Spin, spin, spin. nothing more.

• Like 1

This dirt will never see a day in jail. Sad but true.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

Corruption under the tutelage of her brother.

PS are you suggesting she is cleaner than Thaksin?

Not only is she cleaner than Thaksin, it follows that she is also cleaner than all those who Thaksin is cleaner than which is every single PM in the the conga line of unelected corrupt military backed individuals that preceded him and then throw in Abhisit and the other 2006 coup fool Surayad(?).

How can she be cleaner than her criminal fugitive brother and controller? Give it a rest.

• Like 1

Where's the party? If you're buying the beers, i'll be there. Any dress code?

Could I suggest you don't turn up wearing a red shirt?

I'm happy to wear any colour shirt, except pink because it doesn't go with my complexion or taste. Having said that, if pink is required for the free-beer party can I bring my wife who has a wardrobe of Chula colours?

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

utter garbage!

Normal.

i really wonder why they even have politics in Thailand... never seen such a country that has to bring down everyone it is path... and the fact of the matter is...everyone all the way down to the lower middle class are so corrupt...how they even dare to point a finger is so much beyond my belief.

I have never seen and honesty in this country... I sometimes feel we are in the congo of Africa... all we need are some deaths and mutilations and were in...

but it figures... according to the posts from Thai Visa... Thailand only rates above 1 country in knowlege... Iraq... and they are down because being a war torn country... what is this countries excuse... oh thats right they are the worst financial planning people in the world...

Time to get a clue... ASEAN is coming... it will reeducate your stubborn butts... losing a lot of face. Singapore is a tough country...hope to see some tough policies come here.

time to get rid of corruption, bigorty and racism and join the rest of the world(not sucking off everyone's teat...

Absolutely, and it doesn't have to hurt to much if they for once make the right turns.

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

No, Brucie. Teacher's watching you. Don't deliberately fudge the facts. The Prime ministe's position was taken away YESTERDAY because she was corrupt. Giving a plum job to a family member at someone elses loss. Todays decision was probably based NOT on not stopping corruption, but failing to investigate it when she was advised; and probably becaues she never once attended commottees she was chair of, even when advised of corruption. The NACC are not a court. She was already an ex-PM today after yesterday losing the job. I say probably twice because I have not read the decision, bjut I do know what the evidence was and so do you, naughty boy. Thailand may have to get used to much less corruption in high places. I hope so. Perhaps you don't? Why? No benefit to you, surely?

Here's where it all comes crashing down, thanks to the recent senate elections.

The coup clowns don't have the required 3/5 of the senate vote.

There will be no impeachment.

What is this Coup rubbish? You're beginning to sound like FB & he's goneburgers somewhere too. Probably Dubai. She did wrong for selfishe reasons a number of times wiith instructions from brother. She knew thay were wrong. She thought she would get away with it (Still does, silly woman) because "we Shins are allowed to break the rules.) She got caught. She got punished. Seriously knowing what she did & how she behaved would you have acted in her shoes the same way? I seriously doubt it, because you would also have known the law and the consequences. Do the crime. Do the time. Sorry, what coup? SHe has been an abysmal PM, Not atteding committeee meetings that she is chair of, NOT EVEN ONCE!!! Moving people round so she could give her brother's Brother-in-law a cushy job. Come On. The ruling is in. It was against the law and she is being served the consequences.BTW it doesn't "ALL COME CRASHING DOWN" The senate have no authorty over yesterdays's ruling. Today's haymaker is just icing for the cake.

To clarify: yesterday's Constitutional Court judgement is final; there is no appeal. But, beyond being removed from office for the time being, there is no punishment at all. Today's NACC ruling means that the case will be judged by the Senate. If the Senate votes against impeachment, that's the end of the story. If the Senate votes for impeachment, the subject receives the penalty of being banned from politics for 5 years.

In my view, in neither case does the punishment fit the crime.

What is this Coup rubbish? You're beginning to sound like FB & he's goneburgers somewhere too. Probably Dubai. She did wrong for selfishe reasons a number of times wiith instructions from brother. She knew thay were wrong. She thought she would get away with it (Still does, silly woman) because "we Shins are allowed to break the rules.) She got caught. She got punished. Seriously knowing what she did & how she behaved would you have acted in her shoes the same way? I seriously doubt it, because you would also have known the law and the consequences. Do the crime. Do the time. Sorry, what coup? SHe has been an abysmal PM, Not atteding committeee meetings that she is chair of, NOT EVEN ONCE!!! Moving people round so she could give her brother's Brother-in-law a cushy job. Come On. The ruling is in. It was against the law and she is being served the consequences.BTW it doesn't "ALL COME CRASHING DOWN" The senate have no authorty over yesterdays's ruling. Today's haymaker is just icing for the cake.

The CC only did half their corrupt and crooked job and so have left the caretaker government alive and well with a new Acting Caretaker PM.

There is no political vacuum for Suthep and his thugs to fill.

The appointed coup clown senators don't have the numbers to force through an impeachment so the nation is stuck in limbo with the only way out being an election which the PTP will soundly win and so it all goes back to square one.

Every which way the coup clowns turn Thaksins' extreme popularity has got them trumped.

They're boxed in and finished.

The definition of insanity is to repeatedly do the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time.

Its over.

The coup clowns lost.

Edited by Torkmada

Can you impeach an ex-PM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wouldn't that be like drinking the same bottle of beer twice?

In the states, Nixon resigned over Watergate & he was still impeached later. I mean, ya wouldn't leave the guy in the job for a year whaile he delayed his impeachement hearings askin for more time & more wiitnesses. Oh, that has a familiar ring to it.

• Like 1

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

....................... I WOULDN'T say 'never'.................................

Iin answer to pookiki

I cannot vote in elections so why should I fear them?

Please tell me what your verdict is on the success of the populist policies such as the rice scam, tablets fiasco, 1st car buying joke and first house buying debacle!! Do you think that such immoral and unethical policies should have a place in politics purely to garner votes and not to benefit people?

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

Yes,, but he claims are only by die-hard UDD/PTP folk & unrealistic dreamers like you.

Impeach her? She's gone already.

She is gone, but still needs to be punished. I'm guessing she will get a fine of around 600 billion(or however much it is found that her clan have stolen from the Thai people) and with any luck a lengthy prison sentence to deter any future politician from emptying the state's coffers to enrich their family in such an arrogant and blatant manner. Fair is fair.

500 bhat fine and a slap on the wrist

Well, now that the NACC have finished their job with YL, they should have plenty of time for Suthep. Will he be indicted in 21 days, too?

Fat chance.

EDIT: Btw, those of you partying because Cinderella has been spanked, just you wait and see the fat dragon sister rearing her head when election time comes around.

"EDIT: Btw, those of you partying because Cinderella has been spanked, just you wait and see the fat dragon sister rearing her head when election time comes around."

that is a valid point.....

And sobering as well.

Can you impeach an ex-PM?

Wouldn't that be like drinking the same bottle of beer twice?

In the states, Nixon resigned over Watergate & he was still impeached later. I mean, ya wouldn't leave the guy in the job for a year whaile he delayed his impeachement hearings askin for more time & more wiitnesses. Oh, that has a familiar ring to it.

President Nixon was never impeached. Nixon resigned on August 9, 1974 before what would have been almost certain impeachment.

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

Thailand needs reform and the first reform should be an elected senate.

No, Thailand' senate should be 100% appointed as is Canada's.

Most Canadians would like to see their corruption-riddled Senate abolished.

Perhaps Thais feel the same way about their Senate??

Love her or hate her, you all know that that verdict on Wednesday was total bs. That was absoultely a judicial coup. But this rice thing has a littl emore traction.

What's the word on criminal charges?
Has she fled the country yet?

Wow! A lot of cheer & happiness from the yellow cheer-leading squad. Have your days of gloating because you know you've only got until the next election to enjoy this. After that another Thaksin party will be in power & you will be back to whinging, whining and watching the perennial loser Dems throwing their toys out of the opposition benches.

I personally don't care much about the "Dems" and about that "yellow squad" that is in your imagination. I just hope that whoever will be at next government, no matter how many votes they get at the election, will go to jail if their practices are corrupted, break the law, or abuse power.

Unless they are the Dems, that get let off blatant discretions because the charges weren't filed in time, or because it was acceptable corruption, or because the transfer of the police chief was wrong, but not wrong enough to get more than a slap on the wrist, a ruffle of the hair & words of encouragement as he walked out the court door, 'Go get em, Mark, you can be our appointed PM again!'

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

Thailand needs reform and the first reform should be an elected senate.

Why don't you quit your whinging until the details have been published.

Are you a Welsh Yellow Shirt, by any chance?