Are Thais psychic, and is that why they don't like some farangs?

RikDao

You can do a lot worse than trying to figure out Thais and what they think, they themselves

don't know what they think hence this alluring shamble of a country we live in, hate and love

in the same place....

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just about everyone, including me, believes in psychic phenomena these days, right?" short answer: no. And just believing doesn't make it true or real. I do think that Thai people are raised to be more astute at reading non-verbal cues than farangs. In a society where context is more important than content (status of speaker more important than any statement from same determines if valid or not), seems woulld be useful skill in life's journey.

I knew this OP was going to be posted.......nearly posted a post to say as much. But then I realised, if I did post predicting this OP, the OP would have refused to post it.

And I'm not Thai!

See? I'm right. After viewing the syntax of the above, I must be psychic to understand it!

You know, they put Galileo under house arrest for believing the earth revolves around the sun, which was not even his theory. Am I comparing myself to Galileo? Well, yes, in the sense that I have an open mind. So, to all the psychic doubters, just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it not true. And just because a psychic phenomenon hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean blah blah blah. Hey, you know what I'm gonna say, don't you, you lil' closet psychic, you!

"Just about everyone, including me, believes in psychic phenomena these days, right?" short answer: no. And just believing doesn't make it true or real. I do think that Thai people are raised to be more astute at reading non-verbal cues than farangs. In a society where context is more important than content (status of speaker more important than any statement from same determines if valid or not), seems woulld be useful skill in life's journey.

Wow! This was posted just 4 minutes before my last one, and we both talked about whether believing makes it so. Now that's psychic!

I must admit,

A bit of a strange posting, but something is very good.... Psychic? I would say they are superstitious..... Like one poster said, just get in a car accident, or ride a water buffalo that dies the next day.... My guess would be some very good drugs at hand...... I too agree, not a well traveled question......

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif kilosierra

And then he says they don't like farang??????

Every human being is psychic to some degree or another depending on how many times they have reincarnated on planet earth and how spiritually advanced they are. If you totally reject it all, then it's only common sense that your spiritual advancement is minimal.

Every human being is psychic to some degree or another depending on how many times they have reincarnated on planet earth and how spiritually advanced they are. If you totally reject it all, then it's only common sense that your spiritual advancement is minimal.

If you totally reject it all, it's only common sense that your scientific reasoning is more developed.

• Like 2

I live and work in Saudi Arabia presently. Every day is a race to the death with local drivers. Tailgating within 1 meter of your rear bumper at high speed, lights flashing to make you move over. Even if you cannot make a safe lane change. Extremely dangerous passing either on the left (in a left turn lane) or on the right and cut you off by inches it seems. All to get ahead of you, for some unknown reason. Only to meet up with them at the next intersection.. Been living here for 5 years off and on. Also lived in Bangkok for some time but have not driven much except in the countryside. I have not seen that kind of driving in Thailand on a daily compared to Saudi. Alcohol is probably a big factor in the LOS, but here it's "Allah will take care of me" no matter who is on the road. Just saying...

I live and work in Saudi Arabia presently. Every day is a race to the death with local drivers. Tailgating within 1 meter of your rear bumper at high speed, lights flashing to make you move over. Even if you cannot make a safe lane change. Extremely dangerous passing either on the left (in a left turn lane) or on the right and cut you off by inches it seems. All to get ahead of you, for some unknown reason. Only to meet up with them at the next intersection.. Been living here for 5 years off and on. Also lived in Bangkok for some time but have not driven much except in the countryside. I have not seen that kind of driving in Thailand on a daily compared to Saudi. Alcohol is probably a big factor in the LOS, but here it's "Allah will take care of me" no matter who is on the road. Just saying...

Sounds like my last driving trip to Koh Chang.

So mean..lol

ever heard of remote viewing.. ( us army)

some asians are interesting..ever stare as a normal girl, not a damaged goods kind, even for a few seconds through sunglasses..and she'll kinda blink, until you stop..??

they sure can tailgate..

So mean..lol

ever heard of remote viewing.. ( us army)

some asians are interesting..ever stare as a normal girl, not a damaged goods kind, even for a few seconds through sunglasses..and she'll kinda blink, until you stop..??

they sure can tailgate..

Sounds like some good maui wowie you got there.

• Like 1

I knew this OP was going to be posted.......nearly posted a post to say as much. But then I realised, if I did post predicting this OP, the OP would have refused to post it.

And I'm not Thai!

See? I'm right. After viewing the syntax of the above, I must be psychic to understand it!

You know, they put Galileo under house arrest for believing the earth revolves around the sun, which was not even his theory. Am I comparing myself to Galileo? Well, yes, in the sense that I have an open mind. So, to all the psychic doubters, just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it not true. And just because a psychic phenomenon hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean blah blah blah. Hey, you know what I'm gonna say, don't you, you lil' closet psychic, you!

How many times have you won the Lottery?

Q: Are Thais psychic?

A: No. No-one is.

Q: And is that why they don't like some farangs?

A: No. There's a variety of reasons, the same as why some farangs don't like some farangs.

As a general rule, any topic that attributes or inquires about characteristics of a collection of 60-odd million individuals is finished before it can start.

Here's a little quiz that illustrates the principal. Fill in the blank to create a true and meaningful declarative sentence.

All Thai women are ___________.

Here's a hint. One correct answer is "All Thai women are Thai".

Can you identify the other correct answer?

All human beings are 'psychic' or at least have the potential to be. Feeling that someone is staring at you from behind, feeling that the phone is about to ring, thinking about someone just to get a call from them 2 minutes later....these are just some basic abilities that, I dare say, everybody experiences in their lives.

Some people are more sensitive than others, but for everybody it's possible to train these abilities to their full potential.

This has nothing to do with magic or New Age flower power...just a natural ability, regardless if you believe in it or not, regardless if you've experienced it or not.

• Like 1

OP - All 3rd world citizens are born thinking 4 dimensionally. They are born into a world without much order and with much that just happens around them. At an early age, while clinging to a family member with 2 or 3 other siblings on a small motorbike, a type of understanding either develops in their sub-conscious, or their life is nipped off at the bud, then and there.

We so called "high-born" from industrialized nations do not develop this additional sense or understanding of the world around us. It is puzzling, but you can not understand it or develop an understanding of it, or at least a good percentage of us can not. A few can, those that can are sort of savants that were probably meant to be born in the 3rd world, but by dumb luck, their life force landed in a sperm or egg in an industrialized world.

I expect many high thinking people in the world including the Buddha, Jesus Christ, Einstein, Jerry Garcia and Freddie Aguilar all pondered this in their quest to understand and explain why people do what they do when they do it, and give a little advice in the process to make it another day and a little better than the day before.

Hope this helps you keep from being frustrated in traffic and understand that it is not the car that is tail gating you or the cars ahead of you, but some form of conscious conditioned by a force we have yet to fully understand and have no real control over.

Have a cup of tea or coffee and find a quiet place to sit and enjoy it. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Quote : 'I know there are lots of accidents here, but I've never actually seen one'

??? are you kidding ? did you arrive in Thailand last week ? or perhaps you just stay at home ? Or you hardly ever drive on Sukhumvit road ? I have seen a frightening number of accidents in this country, especially on Sukhumvit Road, and I was personnally involved not once but THREE times in accidents myself (all 3 times I was the passenger, and in a Bangkok taxi, no comment) on that road in the past 15 years. All three accidents could have been deadly, and the material damage was considerable each time.

Only yesterday morning on Pratumnak Hill I saw a guy lying on his stomach, obviously dead, his helmet still on, his motorbike scattered to pieces, and the guy who did this to him had obviously sped away, as usual.I don't know where statistics can be found here, but I have a stinking feeling there must be at least one casualty per day on the road, just in the Pattaya area.

There may be some truth in OP. Thailand is overpopulated, people live in close families, and close communities, plagued by "saving face", "avoiding confrontation by all means", and other social nonsense — they never spit it out, and don't care much for telling the truth, and presentation always prevails over substance. They are kinda forced to develop "social intelligence" or "intuition" or "bullsit detector", if you will, to see through all layers of buffalo crap, it's not surprizing they can easily detect blunt farang bullshit that they tend to carry around as a banner.

As for "about everyone believing in psychic", op is wrong, him and my senile aunt are the only people I have ever "met".

Edited by vadimbz