samut prakan immigration office / experience

specific question for people doing their visa affairs in samut prakan immigration office

anyone got rejected his/her recto verso copies of their passport or other papers and had to go do them again on single paper each of them ?

what is the bloody problem ? a copy is a copy, it had to be each page on a seperate paper ... off course, 15 people in front of me, and only one copy machine handled by a very busy lady

the waiting and number drawing, that was outside, in the bloody heat + a torrential rain just came over

the office itself is so small

are there even any toilets ? as I did not see any sign ? better go with a diaper, just in case ?

Due to the 90 day requirements for the Nonthaburi Immigration office, I now maintain 4 full copies of my passport and sometimes more.

When I did my visa extension based on my retirement, I had the copies on hand and signed so it was just a quick stamp and signature session. Sometimes banks want copies so I have them on hand for the banks also.

Over here now, you never know when you might need copies of your passport. It pays to be prepared.

Any one worth his salt and in need to re issue all sorts of visas in Thailand should by now,

know how to adequately prepare all the necessary documents and than some, just in case...

I don't think I would ever try to present two sided copies of any document to immigration. They want to be able to go through the documents without having to turn the stack over to see the reverse side of the copy because they will not be clipped together like a book.

• Like 1

The single page for each document would be a requirement from all immigration offices.

Samutprakarn is one of the easiest (and farang friendly) immigration offices that I have been in.

If you can't get along with the very helpful staff at Samutprakarn, you will have problems at other offices.

• Like 2

My experience with Pattaya Immigration is the opposite of above.

I keep a completed form for everything (downloaded from Thai visa.) Printed off a copy of every page of PP. Got bank letter + rip-off UK Embassy letter (via KeyVisa.)

Entered soi 5 building at 9.05. They caught me on not having anything with my address on. (Can't remember this before.) Photocopied both sides of Thai licence - 5 baht. Paid money (1900.) left 9.15.

Returned after 3pm. Handed in ticket from the morning. Out within 2 minutes. Total time inside maybe 12 minutes.

Brilliant.

• 8 months later...

They have toilets inside under the stair well they let me use (watch your head going in). There are also some behind the building to the right that is unmarked until you get there and hard to fiind. I just said "hang naam" to anyone that looked like they might work there and they kept pointing until I found them.