Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

Dunno. Barkley at City doesn't feel right to me.

Difficult to explain.

Pellegrini will make the decision I guess.

Need home grown players.

Maybe.

But but but but, you normally can explain everything.

Why not this time??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumours are that Manchester City are targeting Ross Barkley in £25million move - with Jack Rodwell thrown in as bait

Would he develop at Man City or would he become another Rodwell?

He'll be playing for Bacup in 2 years then...biggrin.png

Man City - where British talent goes to die

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Rumours are that Manchester City are targeting Ross Barkley in £25million move - with Jack Rodwell thrown in as bait

He'll be playing for Bacup in 2 years then...biggrin.png

An english make weight to make their champions league 'homegrown' quota.

• Like 1

Dunno. Barkley at City doesn't feel right to me.

Difficult to explain.

Pellegrini will make the decision I guess.

Need home grown players.

Maybe.

But but but but, you normally can explain everything.

Why not this time??

better than saying nothing or just digging, and actually i reckon his 'home grown' theory is bang on and must admit to seeing it after i posted the same thing.

Rodwell's been really unlucky with injuries and being behind yaya in that ish position hasnt helped, tbh I cant think of many that would knock him down the peckin order, but i reckon yo ya will be off this window or next, its just one bitch after the next about city makes it look to me he could be angling for a move? And at 31 wont have that many big monied moves to champ league clubs left.

Rodwell's been really unlucky with injuries and being behind yaya in that ish position hasnt helped, tbh I cant think of many that would knock him down the peckin order, but i reckon yo ya will be off this window or next, its just one bitch after the next about city makes it look to me he could be angling for a move? And at 31 wont have that many big monied moves to champ league clubs left.

clap2.gif The underlined bit was the icing on the cake.

You've really sussed it kid!cheesy.gif

clap2.gif The underlined bit was the icing on the cake.

You've really sussed it kid!cheesy.gif

and your point ?

• Like 1

I think your being a bit harsh there BB. Firstly, is there such a thing as British "talent"? This world cup would suggest not.

Second, if you are on about Sinclair and Rodwell, then that's abit of an exageration to suggest we take on British players and let them die. Rodwell has suffered injury after injury but when fit he's been given a game.........only to get injured again. As for Sinclair, well it seems he's turned out to be a bit of a flop (although there's still time) but City are no more guilty than any other team for buying players that haven't turned out as planned. We don't buy them purposely to just sit on a bench.

I think your being a bit harsh there BB. Firstly, is there such a thing as British "talent"? This world cup would suggest not.

Second, if you are on about Sinclair and Rodwell, then that's abit of an exageration to suggest we take on British players and let them die. Rodwell has suffered injury after injury but when fit he's been given a game.........only to get injured again. As for Sinclair, well it seems he's turned out to be a bit of a flop (although there's still time) but City are no more guilty than any other team for buying players that haven't turned out as planned. We don't buy them purposely to just sit on a bench.

Of course not. You have to have a number of homegrown players.

Now that fact that you sit them on the bench.....

biggrin.png

Of course not. You have to have a number of homegrown players.

Now that fact that you sit them on the bench.....

biggrin.png

I think I'll take a comment from an Arsenal fan on homegrown players, with the pinch of salt it deserves. Talk about kettle and black.

Would City buy Barkley if he was African or South American?

I doubt it but that wasn't the point. We need to increase our homegrown players, so what would be the point of buying a player of equal abilities that would have a negative effect on our hoegrown squad numbers. I know it seems a while away yet but I have every confidence we'll be producing some top talent, once the academy is finished. But it takes time for them to come through. In the meantime we still have to try and win cups etc.

I doubt it but that wasn't the point. We need to increase our homegrown players, so what would be the point of buying a player of equal abilities that would have a negative effect on our hoegrown squad numbers. I know it seems a while away yet but I have every confidence we'll be producing some top talent, once the academy is finished. But it takes time for them to come through. In the meantime we still have to try and win cups etc.

Fair point. I'll have a think. Not quite sure how Chelsea are working it.

I fail to see what finishing an academy has to do with producing top talent ! unless your academy is going to be some sort of laboratory cloning World Class players biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

I think I'll take a comment from an Arsenal fan on homegrown players, with the pinch of salt it deserves. Talk about kettle and black.

Messrs Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere, Jenkinson and Oxtail Chamberpot are all first team regulars thank you. ***

All arrived young at our club and developed through our Youth and reserve system.

Bit different to buying up players just to meet your homegrown requirement.

It seems it doesn't matter to the Sheikh if he has to go out and shell out on more.

Because we know where the money comes from, don't we?

© Chico MMXIV

It is possible that the reduction in City's Champions League squad could mean a pro-rata reduction in the number of home-grown players they must use next season. But a lack of Englishmen severely restricts their options. The clear-out would leave only Joe Hart, James Milner, Gaël Clichy (home-grown at Arsenal) and reserve keeper Richard Wright for Europe, with the defender Dedryk Boyata an option for the substitute's bench with a surprise new contract in the offing.

Quite how a French player got to be "homegrown" at Arsenal and is now "homegrown" at Manchester Dhabi is beyond me.

blink.png

(*** When they're not ****ing injured).

Definitely an exaggeration on my part, and yes our talent pools are questionable.

I would suggest that yes these players were bought to meet quotas and their young talents would have been better served at clubs where they played every week. Micah Richards included.

Lescott, Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair and Barry all being released this summer aren't they?

I fail to see what finishing an academy has to do with producing top talent !

Oh, right. If you don't see the connection, then I can't help you Alfie biggrin.png

Your right I can't see the connection so educate me !

Man city haven't given a flying about bringing yoof through, and the only reason they are doing so now is because they are being made 2,

Proof? give us one in the current first team picture that have come through the ranks barring richards. And as for finishing the acadamy, bullshit

excuse, you've had more than enuf time to sort that out and its the intent to bring yoof through more than needing a world class facilty , you just haven't had the intent, cos the club haven't cared or seen the point. now whats your answer, the cheque book poor imo excuse for a football club..

Oh and chic?, no way can u class wallcott or oxa chamb's with the combined cost of approaching 20 ish mil as coming through your ressie and yoof system Southampton s, yeah , but yours, NO

• Like 1

I fail to see what finishing an academy has to do with producing top talent !

Oh, right. If you don't see the connection, then I can't help you Alfie biggrin.png

When I read your initial post I saw your tongue firmly in cheek mrboj...come clean!

Definitely an exaggeration on my part, and yes our talent pools are questionable.

I would suggest that yes these players were bought to meet quotas and their young talents would have been better served at clubs where they played every week. Micah Richards included.

Lescott, Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair and Barry all being released this summer aren't they?

It's certainly not going to do them or English football any good sat on the bench watching the players some rich Arab picked off FIFA 2014.

tongue.png

It's certainly not going to do them or English football any good sat on the bench watching the players some rich Arab picked off FIFA 2014.

tongue.png

biggrin.png

tongue.png

coffee1.gif

AlfieConn is a tw-t.

Need it any cleaner than that.smile.png

Give me a shout when UEFA award a penalty against Chelsea.

smile.png

I'm a <deleted> and that's coming from someone who has to ask on here how to invest 3m baht cheesy.gif I spend more than that on a night out, just stick it in the bank and forget about it biggrin.png

• Like 1