Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

From everyone's favourite paper, unavailable in some parts of the world.

Arsenal will pocket £5.6million from the sale of former Gunner Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea.

The Spanish midfielder completed his return to London on Thursday in a £30m move from Barcelona, signing a contract in the region of £150,000-a-week.

But the deal will also boost Arsenal's already healthy £100million transfer budget and enable them to pursue striker Mario Balotelli who is among manager Arsene Wenger's summer targets.

Wenger and Balotelli ? Something just doesn't seem right about that.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From everyone's favourite paper, unavailable in some parts of the world.

Arsenal will pocket £5.6million from the sale of former Gunner Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea.

The Spanish midfielder completed his return to London on Thursday in a £30m move from Barcelona, signing a contract in the region of £150,000-a-week.

But the deal will also boost Arsenal's already healthy £100million transfer budget and enable them to pursue striker Mario Balotelli who is among manager Arsene Wenger's summer targets.

Wenger and Balotelli ? Something just doesn't seem right about that.

yep , IMO it'll work. under wengers wing and the anonymity ish London brings he'll do well. tbh, just hope it doesn't come off.

Going for A Song. £10mil. Good replacement for Ramires, and a lot of money in the bank if Ramires goes to Ancelotti.

Happy.

thumbsup.gif

I doubt whether Mourinho would go with that replacement scenario. True you would be swopping a central/defensive mid for another but you would lose the box to box capabilities that Ramires offers.

Deary me, what an embarrassment of riches your manager is seemingly going to have at his disposal. Perhaps also bring back courtois who is possibly the best keeper in the world right now?

I know MJJ disagrees but i'll say it again...if Mourinho doesn't win big next season he's toast.

• Like 1

Going for A Song. £10mil. Good replacement for Ramires, and a lot of money in the bank if Ramires goes to Ancelotti.

Happy.

thumbsup.gif

I doubt whether Mourinho would go with that replacement scenario. True you would be swopping a central/defensive mid for another but you would lose the box to box capabilities that Ramires offers.

Deary me, what an embarrassment of riches your manager is seemingly going to have at his disposal. Perhaps also bring back courtois who is possibly the best keeper in the world right now?

I know MJJ disagrees but i'll say it again...if Mourinho doesn't win big next season he's toast.

I wonder how Big Phil Scolari is feeling. smile.png

Arsene is commentating for French TV I think.

Could be watching from the sidelines in the EPL too.

No Fear.

thumbsup.gif

Chelsea in for ANOTHER ex-Arsenal star, as they ready a bid for Man Utd target Alex Song

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482307/Chelsea-in-for-ANOTHER-ex-Arsenal-star-as-they-ready-bid-for-Man-Utd-target-Alex-Song

He would fit the Chelsea mould, a midfield clogger who can't pass more than 5 yards.

I was amazed we got 15m for him.

Every team needs one though, just seems that Chelski need a lot.

Chelsea in for ANOTHER ex-Arsenal star, as they ready a bid for Man Utd target Alex Song

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/482307/Chelsea-in-for-ANOTHER-ex-Arsenal-star-as-they-ready-bid-for-Man-Utd-target-Alex-Song

He would fit the Chelsea mould, a midfield clogger who can't pass more than 5 yards.

I was amazed we got 15m for him.

Every team needs one though, just seems that Chelski need a lot.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Song has received little time at Barca despite the fact that they were in dire need of defensive help.

Does he qualify as an "English" player ?blink.png

Happy.

thumbsup.gif

No Fear.

thumbsup.gif

Big Phil's probably fine because he's already won a world cup. However he also knows there are better sides in the competition regardless of public expectations that they must win the tournament.

I think that the likes of FIFA and the Brazillian president are far more concerned as to the backlash of getting knocked out before the final and all that wasted money that morally should have been spent elsewhere, and mark my words Sepp and his cronies will pocket the billions from the sponsors cash like they always do.

Maybe Mourinho is bumping up the price his mate van Gaal has to pay?

If the Daily Express is correct that is.

smile.png

Probably the usual old tosh from that rag of a paper!

Why would they bother with Alex Song when they have the dutchman Kevin Strootman on their radar in january that plays central midfield, defensive midfield and can also be used as a deep laying playmaker?

smile.png

Why would they bother with Alex Song when they have the dutchman Kevin Strootman on their radar in january that plays central midfield, defensive midfield and can also be used as a deep laying playmaker?

Because he's cheap.

smile.png

Because he's cheap.

With 200m reputed to be in the war chest and a rebuilding of their midfield why would Man Utd go cheap? Wouldn't make sense to me.

Secondly, in Strootman, van Gaal knows exactly what he's getting, as opposed to a player of limited adaptability who fell into the wilderness when he left your mob.

• Like 1

Happy.

thumbsup.gif

No Fear.

thumbsup.gif

Big Phil's probably fine because he's already won a world cup. However he also knows there are better sides in the competition regardless of public expectations that they must win the tournament.

I think that the likes of FIFA and the Brazillian president are far more concerned as to the backlash of getting knocked out before the final and all that wasted money that morally should have been spent elsewhere, and mark my words Sepp and his cronies will pocket the billions from the sponsors cash like they always do.

Weight of expectation on Phil is two-fold.

The Brazil must win thing, which applies every World Cup. Plus this time, the added pressure of justifying the expense.

If he wins he will be a double hero ( to an extent.)

If he doesn't, he's let everybody down.

More so than any other Brazil manager in history.

A big ask. I'd like him to do it.

Early doors, whatever you say about the Japanese ref, if Brazil play the way they can they have a chance.

We will see how it progresses.

thumbsup.gif

Great game to start the tournament I thought whatever the circumstances.

Edited by P45Mustang

I wonder if this world cup is a cursed mission for the selecao? Setting aside there are better teams, they look rather lightweight to me. Not in the same class as my tip to win it, Argentina. Says my head, not my heart.

It just seems ill-fated and i never believed i'd ever hear of widespread talk across Brazil that tournament ambassadors, Pele and Ronaldo being referred to as "enemies of the people" for their steadfast backing of Brazil hosting this one.

Whilst i'm going for Argentina to win it i think this is a great opportunity for a european side to break the duck.

I wonder if this world cup is a cursed mission for the selecao? Setting aside there are better teams, they look rather lightweight to me. Not in the same class as my tip to win it, Argentina. Says my head, not my heart.

It just seems ill-fated and i never believed i'd ever hear of widespread talk across Brazil that tournament ambassadors, Pele and Ronaldo being referred to as "enemies of the people" for their steadfast backing of Brazil hosting this one.

Whilst i'm going for Argentina to win it i think this is a great opportunity for a european side to break the duck.

You could well be right carmine.

Anybody thinking Germany can't win is off their rocker.

Looking forward to getting a better picture after the group stage.

C'mon Roy. Well chuffed if we can do something big against Italy.

thumbsup.gif

Wide open IMHO. All the usual top rated suspects have flaws. Should be a barn burner to the end.

• Like 1

Wide open IMHO. All the usual top rated suspects have flaws. Should be a barn burner to the end.

I hope the refereeing improves.

Jose Mourinho has confirmed Belgian international keeper Thibaut Courtois will return to Chelsea after three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid.

The 22-year-old helped the Spanish side to the La Liga title this season and a place in the Champions League final.

But the Chelsea boss ended speculation that Courtois will stay in Madrid.

"When the World Cup is over, Courtois will come straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story," he said on a charity visit to the Ivory Coast.

w00t.gif

...and van Gaal, who will accept no rejects or crap of any kind.

thumbsup.gif

Where on earth has this utter obsession for Louis van Gaal come from? Its starting to disturb me as his name seems to be cropping up, no matter how out of context in every other post of yours!!!

Quite disturbing this is!sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

• Like 1