Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

It is like looting.

Southampton sell player after player.

And manager is gone as well.

Making a lot of money, but can they replace the players who leave?

That depends where the money ends up doesn't it?

Maybe the next crop of youngsters will be dazzling us next season.....

smoke's right T-2 you only need look at Spurs efforts last summer tongue.png

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. Be fair, Baldini is absolutely sh!t hot on the talent scouting.

Looks like talk of Spurs buying more. Not sure what Levy's going to do with the existing stock tbh.

Might break even with a bit of luck.

Were being linked to Daley Blind now which i'm quite happy about.

Can't see many leaving this summer either. Possibly Dawson, Soldado if the deals right, (I hope Lennon goes, he's crap) and there were rumors of Chiriches. Gylfi Siggurdsson looks likely to be part of any Swansea dealing we might be in, maybe a Davies transfer.

We are rather overloaded in midfield and i think Pochettino will be looking to balance the squad out. Start with sorting out the defense, cull the midfield and sort out the strikers. Does Adebayor suit the new hierarchy, Soldado's obviously a big issue, Harry Kane fine as a back up.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Looks like talk of Spurs buying more. Not sure what Levy's going to do with the existing stock tbh.

Can't see many leaving this summer either. Possibly Dawson, Soldado if the deals right, (I hope Lennon goes, he's crap) and there were rumors of Chiriches. Gylfi Siggurdsson looks likely to be part of any Swansea dealing we might be in, maybe a Davies transfer.

We are rather overloaded in midfield and i think Pochettino will be looking to balance the squad out. Start with sorting out the defense, cull the midfield and sort out the strikers. Does Adebayor suit the new hierarchy, Soldado's obviously a big issue, Harry Kane fine as a back up.

Admittedly from a rag (Mirror) but there has been some talk about Esteban Cambiasso arriving from Inter. Free transfer. Possibly Ricky Alvarez from Inter as well. Both Argentines so Pochettino knows them better than some. If there's any truth in either then you'd have to think some of the current Spurs crop would be moving on.

OTOH it might all be rubbish. I don't know if Canbiasso has enough pace left to make a go of it in the EPL. Very smart guy Cambiasso, but old in the tooth now.

Admittedly from a rag (Mirror) but there has been some talk about Esteban Cambiasso arriving from Inter. Free transfer. Possibly Ricky Alvarez from Inter as well. Both Argentines so Pochettino knows them better than some. If there's any truth in either then you'd have to think some of the current Spurs crop would be moving on.

OTOH it might all be rubbish. I don't know if Canbiasso has enough pace left to make a go of it in the EPL. Very smart guy Cambiasso, but old in the tooth now.

Our defense needs a complete overhaul, especially if our manager continues with his high tempo game. Dawson will be offed to Hull or QPR i'd say. Naughton's a championship defender, Kaboul's out of contract, Rose average, Chiriches just a squad player and it would appear Vertonghen's off.

Pochettino has a lot of work to do with the defense. Then he needs to have a chat with our strikers.

Once this is done he needs to prove most of you on here to be very wrong about a certain Erik Lamela.

In short, our new manager is going to have to earn his salary!biggrin.png

It is like looting.

Can easily back fire, as it did with Sunderland a few seasons ago.

Huge spending kit, and bought in a big squad, and almost got relegated.

Lots of fairly good players, but none of the big guns really wanted to play for Sunderland.

It is like looting.

Indeed, we did rather well. all things considering

It is like looting.

Indeed, we did rather well. all things considering

Yep. Goal diff of +4 means you can still do reasonably well.

Odd that.

smile.png

( Looking forward to seeing Lamela btw).

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

2 day eto officially released by the chavs given the time it took to get back to full fitness,12 in 36 appearances is a bloody good return. and to.me looked hungry/ sharp enuf 2 do a job for a season at someone like qpr?

Barcelona will begin negotiations with Liverpool on Wednesday over a deal for Reds striker Luis Suarez.

BBC Sport.

At least the replacement, a 32 year old with 13 goals last season, is already in place.

;)

660x1000-e1404318978329.jpg?w=650&h=516&Ben Sheaf has signed for Arsenal this summer (Picture: Getty Images)

Arsenal have added to their crop of wonderkids by signing England youth international Ben Sheaf from West Ham.

The 16-year-old, who was rated as a big star for the future at Upton Park, had moved to the Emirates Stadium after turning down a new contract.

West Ham will no doubt be disappointed with the news, as Sheaf is regarded as one of the best young midfielders in the country.

He made his debut for England’s Under-16 team last season and is being tipped to feature more for the Three Lions in the future.

Not sure what Atletico Madrid and Simeone are doing.

Looks like they are doing a Southampton.

Chelsea after Felipe Luis LB and midfielder Tiago.

They won La Liga.

I don't get it.

(Somebody making a fast buck, or At Madrid ok without them ?)

Sources seem to suggest that Arsenal have already secured their first summer signing, with reports today claiming that they have agreed a £12m deal to sign Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy.

Quoted in the Guardian along with the belief that he may go to Anfield:-

Mino Raiola, Mario’s agent, reckons the time for a deal is close – and only one factor will determine where his client goes. “Maybe it was a mistake to bring Mario back to Italy. For him it is essential to go where he is loved. At AC Milan some people love him. Some do not.”

If that is so important sell him cheap to Stoke, they'll love him to death however inconsistent he is. Jeez - what a load of precious tosh these football types talk.

Sources seem to suggest that Arsenal have already secured their first summer signing, with reports today claiming that they have agreed a £12m deal to sign Newcastle defender Mathieu Debuchy.

Didier Deschamps favours him over Sagna for the French team and he looks a pretty solid citizen from the three French games I've seen. Less exciting than the Ivorian kid, Serge Aurier (now believed by Independent to be going to PSG rather than Arsenal or Spurs) but less prone to getting stranded upfield. I've watched him in two games and he's a talent up front with great crosses, but the Prem's left sided midfielders would expose him mercilessly at the back.

No reputable sources that I've seen confirming Debuchy yet!

Mino Raiola, Mario’s agent, reckons the time for a deal is close – and only one factor will determine where his client goes. “Maybe it was a mistake to bring Mario back to Italy. For him it is essential to go where he is loved. At AC Milan some people love him. Some do not.”

If that is so important sell him cheap to Stoke, they'll love him to death however inconsistent he is. Jeez - what a load of precious tosh these football types talk.

Seems to me SS, you don't get this passion thing.

Accountants don't create great football teams.

smile.png

In fact, accountants create nothing.

Ask Shankly.

Seems to me SS, you don't get this passion thing.

Accountants don't create great football teams.

smile.png

In fact, accountants create nothing.

Ask Shankly.

Good accountants create nothing you mean.

• Like 1

Arsenal have upset Liverpool after beating them to the signing of highly-rated goalkeeper Hugo Keto from HJK Helsinki.

The 16-year-old – who’s believed to be a boyhood Liverpool fan – spent time with the Merseysiders on loan last season and played a number of youth team matches for the club.

Liverpool chiefs expected Keto to return to Anfield this summer to continue to train with them ahead of a permanent move.

However, Arsenal have hijacked the deal and the Finland Under-19 international has now signed a three-year deal at the Emirates after passing his medical this week.

Rumours are that Manchester City are targeting Ross Barkley in £25million move - with Jack Rodwell thrown in as bait

Would he develop at Man City or would he become another Rodwell?

A surprise that. Insurance if Yaya decides to blow town ? A very talented kid but green and impulsive. Maybe some of Nasri will rub off on him.w00t.gif

It's first I've heard but deffo makes sense WRT our shortage with home grown. I think he'd get given plenty of game time. Rodwell has been suffering from several injuries since he joined, so difficult to yardstick against his development.....or lack of!!