Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

Word has it that Man United are closing in on pacey winger Nico Gaitan of Benfica. Note Russ that I said "closing in". Not a done deal.thumbsup.gif

Word from where exactly. An article that contains "According to reports" by any chance?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But you'd have to take them all Mr Bo - teamwork. I did not see one really stand-out individual, except for the known strengths of Sanchez (ie strength).

Come to think of it their goalie looked like a 2 year old and far too small, but was the best I've seen at the tournament; Courtois was hardly called-upon in his one game though.

Manchester United have announced that they will rebuff any attempt by Real Madrid to sign Adnan Januzaj.

The European champions have added the young Belgian to their summer shopping list but United insist the 19-year-old is not for sale at any price after signing him to a long-term contract last winter.

Everyone's favourite paper, may or may not be available in your area..

Manchester United have announced that they will rebuff any attempt by Real Madrid to sign Adnan Januzaj.

The European champions have added the young Belgian to their summer shopping list but United insist the 19-year-old is not for sale at any price after signing him to a long-term contract last winter.

not for sale at any price except a stupid one.

• Like 1

not for sale at any price except a stupid one.

coffee1.gif

Didn't see a lot of any Spaniards tbh.

van Gaal had Bosquets for breakfast in the opening minute.

Time for evolution?

Imho, ticky tacky is being phased out.

New way forward?

Not sure if it's Guardiola, Simeone, Special One, or somebody else will do it.

I like Simeone's concept, we control space not possession.

And he won La Liga.

Not sure what you do at Stoke on a Saturday afternoon in December though.

Time for evolution?

New way forward?

And he won La Liga.

Ancelotti has bought in a reactive style of play which doesn't bare any relevance to possession which i've always maintained is overrated unless a teams defending a lead.

I also like Simeone's comment about controlling space. makes a lot of sense does it not.

In either of these two managers philosophies you need pace, which Real Madrid have in abundance and the technical ability, and its my belief that in this, La Liga is superior to the EPL

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Time for evolution?

New way forward?

And he won La Liga.

Ancelotti has bought in a reactive style of play which doesn't bare any relevance to possession which i've always maintained is overrated unless a teams defending a lead.

I also like Simeone's comment about controlling space. makes a lot of sense does it not.

I either of these two managers philosophies you need pace, which Real Madrid have in abundance and the technical ability, and its my belief that in this, La Liga is superior to the EPL

Totally agree carmine. Witness RM destruction of Bayern in the CL.

Guardiola seems to be in a pickle trying to meld Barca style with established Bayern method?

For me the best thing about the World Cup will be to see what really works best at the highest level.

Whether that can be translated into League football I don't know.

But it looks like Barca/Spain are on a downhill run at the moment.

Maybe van Gaal total football is the way ahead? Is that what he is playing btw?

Chile seems to work.

Time for evolution?

New way forward?

And he won La Liga.

I either of these two managers philosophies you need pace, which Real Madrid have in abundance and the technical ability, and its my belief that in this, La Liga is superior to the EPL

Totally agree carmine. Witness RM destruction of Bayern in the CL.

Guardiola seems to be in a pickle trying to meld Barca style with established Bayern method?

For me the best thing about the World Cup will be to see what really works best at the highest level.

Whether that can be translated into League football I don't know.

But it looks like Barca/Spain are on a downhill run at the moment.

Maybe van Gaal total football is the way ahead? Is that what he is playing btw?

Chile seems to work.

Every dog has its day i suppose. What we have seen is Barca and Bayern sides dominating possession and slowly getting nowhere.

If you are looking to a see really innovative styles of play the world cup is not really the place, the sides not having long enough to play together.

Plus, the highest quality of world football is the champions league, and thats where you're going to see it.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

^

Totally agree.

It will cost money though. smile.png

C'mon City.

Seriously though, Simeone was a gnat's whisker from winning it last time.

RM very fortunate ( or rewarded ?) ultimately.

I like Simeone. And they talk in Spain of At Madrid being the 'working class team'.

No big money like RM and Barca.

A bit like Liverpool in the EPL I suppose.

El fichaje bomba del Barça es Luis Suárez

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140620/fc-barcelona/el-fichaje-bomba-del-barca-es-luis-suarez_54409216765.html

Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo have the Uruguayan striker on the front for different reasons to most.

They claim that a deal to take Suarez from Liverpool to Barcelona are "very advanced", and that, by included Chilean attacker Alexis Sanchez in the deal, the Catalans will have to stump up less than the £68m demanded by a release clause in the former Ajax man's contract.

Barcelona are set to beat rivals Real Madrid to the £52m signing of Luis Suarez, according to Spanish paper El Mundo Deportivo.

The deposed La Liga champions plan to partner the Uruguayan striker with Lionel Messi and Neymar, with a deal reportedly close to completion.

The paper report that Liverpool inserted a release clause of £68m in Suarez's last contract, but this is reduced to £52m if Barcelona or Real Madrid express an interest.

article-2663432-1EF3E00800000578-833_634

Then the £52 mil release clause in his contract makes him a bargain

Release clause does not impact on the transfer fee other than set a deminimis. Come to think of it it means nothing if Arsene's antics last summer (the + one quid approach) is anything to go by.

Surely moneybags RM would not let him slip into Barca's hands at that price

• Like 1

Then the £52 mil release clause in his contract makes him a bargain

Release clause does not impact on the transfer fee other than set a deminimis. Come to think of it it means nothing if Arsene's antics last summer (the + one quid approach) is anything to go by.

Surely moneybags RM would not let him slip into Barca's hands at that price

Well they let Neymar slip didn't they! Mindyou i'll be amazed if Liverpool don't receive a huge bid soon which will undoubtedly be a catalyst for Suarez to start playing up.

Edited by carmine

The 1st £100mil player I reckon.

Ronnie and Messi are supposed to be £150m but they aren't moving.

( Can't see Portugal going much further in this WC tbh. Probably a good thing for Ronnie, cos doctor says he could go to the knackers yard if his knee isn't rested.)

I'm getting quite interested in what Mr Wenger's plans are tbh.

Intrigued to know what he does.

Giroud's having a good WC, so is Benzema.

Campbell looks quality ( should have had a pen against Italy I reckon.)

Balotelli? w00t.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Manchester City have reportedly won the race to sign Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

City have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Arsenal to sign the 32-year-old, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Caballero worked under City boss Manuel Pellegrini when he was manager of Malaga.

The Argentine has also played for Spanish outfit Elche.

It is thought Caballero could be worth up to £7 million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-sign-malaga-goalkeeper-3741474#ixzz35LiFgsci

Edited by uptheos

Balotelli? w00t.gif

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger 'to meet Mario Balotelli's agent in Brazil to discuss £25 million transfer'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mario-balotelli-transfer-arsenal-boss-3741478#ixzz35LjBq7uh

• Like 1

Balotelli? w00t.gif

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger 'to meet Mario Balotelli's agent in Brazil to discuss £25 million transfer'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mario-balotelli-transfer-arsenal-boss-3741478#ixzz35LjBq7uh

I wish I could find that pic of Arsene doing a remarkably good impersonation of Mr Bean.

thumbsup.gif