Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

Looks like the accountants have got Wenger by the short and curlies.

Trying to keep the bean counters happy and win the EPL and CL.

Ain't gonna happen.

Purlease put a noose round your neck in a Chiang Mai hotel sourpuss.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arsenal complete Alexis Sánchez signing

Published: Thursday 10 July 2014, 21.34CET

Chile forward Alexis Sánchez has joined Arsenal FC on a long-term contract from Spanish Liga giants FC Barcelona for a fee reported to be in the region of €44m.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2123106.html?

That's a killer of a signing....!!

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You have to love the ar*eholes at the Express!

Arsenal fail to land Liverpool target Mario Balotelli after capturing Alexis Sanchez DESPITE signing Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona, Arsenal are set to miss out on Liverpool target and AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli this summer.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/488104/Arsenal-fail-to-land-Liverpool-target-Mario-Balotelli-after-capturing-Alexis-Sanchez

Oh wow, I'm so upset!

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

ferdinand reckons Vlar performance last night was the best c/b performance in the tourn' so far

didnt think de vrig was 2 shabby either . either to man utd with de gaul?

De Vrig and Vlaar have been the best center backs of the tournament so far. Vlaar made Messi look anonymous at times.

Still can't believe van Gaal didn't have an agreed penalty taking line up. Shockingly remiss of him. Mind you, he's doing a right "Mourinho" in trying to select the blame onto everyone else but himself.

Robben obviously should have taken it Louis. You know it, we know it so shut up. You messed up big time.

• Like 2

And....

Former Arsenal defender Lee Dixon says he’s spoken to Arsene Wenger and the boss is ‘very happy’ to be signing Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy.

Get in there!

Now a keeper.....

What about a DM ? Is it going to be Arteta and Flamini stuck in mud watching from behind again ? I would have thought a pacey, tough DM would have been at the top of the grocery list.

• Like 1

ferdinand reckons Vlar performance last night was the best c/b performance in the tourn' so far

De Vrig and Vlaar have been the best center backs of the tournament so far. Vlaar made Messi look anonymous at times.

Still can't believe van Gaal didn't have an agreed penalty taking line up. Shockingly remiss of him. Mind you, he's doing a right "Mourinho" in trying to select the blame onto everyone else but himself.

Robben obviously should have taken it Louis. You know it, we know it so shut up. You messed up big time.

in his defense his plans were probably thrown by vp running out of steam and maybe his subs ? 2\ he probably did have a plan but when 2 players say no!! how much time has he got to change the list around? 30 secs maybe a minute or 2 at the most. so.what does.he do ? does.it sound so silly to get, arguably the best player in his team to take the first pen?given the circumstances and not.in the least he was willing!!ide go probably not. hindsight, such awonderful thing.

Tottenham Hotspur are attempting to pip Chelsea to the finishing line in their pursuit of Atletico Madrid full-back, Filipe Luis, according to talkSPORT.

Sounds like Spurs are getting a bit big for their cockerel.

Filipe Luis ‘joins Chelsea in £20million transfer’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/filipe-luis-joins-chelsea-in-20million-transfer-4792942/

To be confirmed of course, cos it's only the fkcing Metro.

smile.png

coffee1.gif

I wonder who Mr van Gaal will be blaming when it goes tits up in the Prem.

laugh.png

But it won't.

thumbsup.gif

coffee1.gif

I wonder who Mr van Gaal will be blaming when it goes tits up in the Prem.

laugh.png

But it won't.

thumbsup.gif

Well this is where we differ in our opinion when potentially blaming van Gaal if things go "tits up"

You see, i believe you have totally unrealistic expectations of him next season and it my well be that come next may you will consider him to have failed whilst i consider him to have had a very decent first season.

One things for sure, i don't expect him to make a prick of himself and start talking about little horses or other such drivel.

Edited by carmine

Mark my words, carmine......UNITED will be shit hot next season.

However you judge success.

You think they will challenge at the top don't you!

United are rebuilding, in transition with a new manager after a very traumatic season. It takes time and i think this little obsession you have with van Gaal is clouding your judgement.

You obviously expect Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Liverpool to regress next season. I don't. Thanks to David Moyes united will be playing a little catch up next season.

United are rebuilding, in transition with a new manager after a very traumatic season. It takes time and i think this little obsession you have with van Gaal is clouding your judgement.

You obviously expect Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Liverpool to regress next season. I don't. Thanks to David Moyes united will be playing a little catch up next season.

Nope.

You are putting words in my mouth carmine.

I'm expecting all of last season's top 4 to be even more dangerous.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if UNITED were top at Christmas.

Anybody think before last season that Liverpool would be within a gnat's of winning it.

Rijit...."in his defense his plans were probably thrown by vp running out of steam and maybe his subs ?"

???? RVP was replaced by Huntelaar, as in the Mexico game, where Huntelaar took and scored a penalty 15mins after coming on. Straight swap so no defence theresmile.png His only problem with subs was he could not bring Krul on this time therefore Cillessen remained keeper and looked scared stiff! VG's so called master stroke came back and bit him on the Arsenal. Only himself to blame, but of course, he isn't the type to admit thatwink.png

Nope.

Anybody think before last season that Liverpool would be within a gnat's of winning it.

laugh.png OK, i've marked your words. I can feel the United posters on here shaking their heads in disbelief at this last post of yours. However, you are entitled to your opinions.....

OBSESSION.

Rijit...."in his defense his plans were probably thrown by vp running out of steam and maybe his subs ?"

???? RVP was replaced by Huntelaar, as in the Mexico game, where Huntelaar took and scored a penalty 15mins after coming on. Straight swap so no defence theresmile.png His only problem with subs was he could not bring Krul on this time therefore Cillessen remained keeper and looked scared stiff! VG's so called master stroke came back and bit him on the Arsenal. Only himself to blame, but of course, he isn't the type to admit thatwink.png

I think vg was thinking he could win it without it going to penalties?

Nope.

laugh.png OK, i've marked your words. I can feel the United posters on here shaking their heads in disbelief at this last post of yours. However, you are entitled to your opinions.....

OBSESSION.

No. Not obsession. Respect for what van Gaal is potentially capable of.....coupled with a transfer budget he ain't spent yet.

I'm not predicting UNITED to win the EPL. But no CL will work for them.

I think vg was thinking he could win it without it going to penalties?

Wrong again then wasn't he!! biggrin.png

Nobody's perfect.

If next season's EPL is not the best football we have ever seen in the Prem, I'm a fkcing dutchman.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how EPL teams compete in the CL.

Fascinating.

( Reckon Barcelona are going to get their act together big time. Who knows what Pep will do.)

British consists of Scotland and Ireland as well and they're not in it. So it can't be BPL.

It's the EPL with the odd interloper

Er... they call it the BPL because Barclays sponsor it MrBo,

biggrin.png

Yeah. That as well biggrin.png

Brain fart day. You'd think with us winning twice in the last three year I'd remember that eh laugh.png

Still the EPL to me though. Sponsors come and go

• Like 1