Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Potential master stroke, Falcao was devastating at AM, but 8 months off through injury and playing in France isn't exactly great. I am interested to see him more to see how he is.

What is your feeling about Welbeck going to Arsenal?

Sandro on his way?

22:02

QPR manager Harry Redknapp tells BBC Radio 5 live: "We have got Sandro from Tottenham. We tried to get one or two others and made a big effort to get Jermain Defoe. He wanted to come home but there was no way Toronto would release him before their play-offs. We also wanted Fabio Borini but his wage demands were way out of our league.

"Niko Kranjcar has dropped a third of his wages to come back here and play. I like the look of us now and I think we've got a real chances of staying in this division."

Straight from the hip, from Harry. I like the geezer.thumbsup.gif

Never mind Sourpuss from Arsenal and the bitter cynic from Spurs.

Edited by P45Mustang

As some Oldham lad quipped. "So Welbeck gets Champions League but Falcao, Di Maria, van Persie and Rooney do not". Funny old world

Yes. Hilarious. Especially if UNITED make the Championes League next time and Arsenal don't.smile.png

I wouldn't put my mortgage on Arsenal winning the Prem and the Championes League this time tbh.

Would You.

biggrin.png

OK Jose.

A very astute bit of business done by Hull on the final day. Ben Arfa and Gaston Ramirez on season long loans, Diame for 3.5 million and Abel Hernandez for 10 million.

I'll miss Diame.. Was a favourite player over the last 2 years. Have not seen many who can dribble like him.

A very astute bit of business done by Hull on the final day. Ben Arfa and Gaston Ramirez on season long loans, Diame for 3.5 million and Abel Hernandez for 10 million.

I'll miss Diame.. Was a favourite player over the last 2 years. Have not seen many who can dribble like him.

Did you actually sign anyone on deadline day tw, thought Crouchy might have been on the cards laugh.png

Did you actually sign anyone on deadline day tw, thought Crouchy might have been on the cards laugh.png

Morgan Amalfitano.. But deadline day is for panic buys.. We did a lot of good business during the window. Same manager unfortunately, so expect Cole and Vaz Te to start every game and Alex Song to come on with 10 minutes left at 0-3 down.

• Like 1

Morgan Amalfitano.. But deadline day is for panic buys.. We did a lot of good business during the window. Same manager unfortunately, so expect Cole and Vaz Te to start every game and Alex Song to come on with 10 minutes left at 0-3 down.

.... and get a straight red and give away a penalty.

wink.png

• Like 1

" Chelsea are clear winners in the transfer window."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2183308-chelsea-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-blues-are-clear-winners-of-summer-window

Topic started by a faithful supporter of Leyton Orient.

Welcome at The Bridge when they get in the Prem.

In the meantime, a new window opens at Christmas.

Mr van Gaal will go shopping.

Carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

Anelka's joined Mumbai, following Pires and Ljungberg into the subcontinents Football equivalent of the IPL.

Jeez I can understand cricketers doing it for the money, but playing football in India when you don't need the money is a bit tapped.

hard as it may seem for us hardened fans to understand but perhaps professional footballers do actually still like playing football?

Anelka's joined Mumbai, following Pires and Ljungberg into the subcontinents Football equivalent of the IPL.

Jeez I can understand cricketers doing it for the money, but playing football in India when you don't need the money is a bit tapped.

hard as it may seem for us hardened fans to understand but perhaps professional footballers do actually still like playing football?

Surely there are more desirable locations if money was not an influence?

True enough I suppose, though I imagine a lot of those lads have burnt through a bunch of their earnings.

bout the same money and about the same age so which is better value for money balotelli or welbeck ? ,

Balotelli's already been around a bit and IMO what you now see is all you are going to get, his value has also decreased. Also the temperament factor can never be ruled out.

Welbeck has only known Man U, so we need to see what he can do with a different outfit, certainly room for improvement and his value could increase.

Welbeck is the better value for money.

• Like 2

Not *all* of India is a third world country.

If you can get the wealth of croesus for being marginally better than a bunch of car washers, why not?

Frank LeBoeuf went to Qatar for one year for two million quid tax free and by the look of it spent most of his time in restaurants.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

oh i dunno, i reckon playing in india could be a great experience. would rather play there than that filthy lucre theme park that is the middle east anyway.

oh i dunno, i reckon playing in india could be a great experience. would rather play there than that filthy lucre theme park that is the middle east anyway.

Too much traffic and dysentery for my liking. Yep I can agree with regards to Middle East, been playing here for 8 years and I hate it.

yeah I'm sure money was part of it, but havnt been to mumbia for years, but pretty sure with money it'll be a buzzin place to live for a year, and those middle/upper class Indian women are frigging hot, super bitch's but double hotthumbsup.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Too much traffic and dysentery for my liking. Yep I can agree with regards to Middle East, been playing here for 8 years and I hate it.

Golden rule of India, dont eat meat ANYWHERE and drink only 'trusted' bottled water saying that, the fish in kerala was the best Ive eaten since Thailand in the early 80's

• Like 1