Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

You can see why Wenger holds some of his powder dry until a late stage of the window. Clearance must-sell items seem to be coming thick and fast. First Man City (possibly Nastasic?) and now Man United (Wellbeck?) - hmm not sure about that one - not a convincing sole striker. Some journo also reckons Arsenal are thinking about Winston Reid of Wets Ham as a back-up CH. Khedira and Reus reported to be back as possibilities (oh yeah?)

I guess that in the manic last 8 days you need to have lots of irons in the fire.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can see why Wenger holds some of his powder dry until a late stage of the window. Clearance must-sell items seem to be coming thick and fast. First Man City (possibly Nastasic?) and now Man United (Wellbeck?) - hmm not sure about that one - not a convincing sole striker. Some journo also reckons Arsenal are thinking about Winston Reid of Wets Ham as a back-up CH. Khedira and Reus reported to be back as possibilities (oh yeah?)

I guess that in the manic last 8 days you need to have lots of irons in the fire.

Singher would have murdered you for that last line alone. biggrin.png

Xabi Alonso to Bayern Munich was a bit of a surprise.

Not really mateclap2.gif

there was interest from Jose Mourinho's Chelsea along with Manchester United.

But in his final press conference from the Bernabeu, he pointed to Liverpool—where he spent five seasons—as reason for not wanting to come back to the Premier League.

I had five great years at Liverpool and I would rather just keep that memory as it is. The interest came in from
Bayern
in the last two weeks and it's the right decision.

• Like 1

Not really mateclap2.gif

But in his final press conference from the Bernabeu, he pointed to Liverpoolwhere he spent five seasonsas reason for not wanting to come back to the Premier League.

I had five great years at Liverpool and I would rather just keep that memory as it is. The interest came in from Bayern in the last two weeks and it's the right decision.

Yeh, like I said: maybe Pep's losing the plot.

Very interesting to see what Bayern do this season. Murdered by Real Madrid in the Championes League.

Maybe Ancelotti's lost the plot mind.

Alonso was never coming to Chelsea.

Next job for Alonso....TV pundit. Pretty soon I reckon.

Edited by P45Mustang

Now it seems Torres may be on his way to Milan on a two year loan.

With Chelski paying most of his wages....you couldn't make it up cheesy.gif

....unless you were a Liverpool or Spurs supporter.

Mourinho? Not guilty.

Ancelloti? Accessory.

Roman? You'd probably have to nick him big time.

Same with Shevchenko.

History. Good luck Fernando.

Now it seems Torres may be on his way to Milan on a two year loan.

With Chelski paying most of his wages....you couldn't make it up cheesy.gif

Strange then that the deal is dependent on him agreeing "Personal terms", don't you think?

Not really mateclap2.gif

But in his final press conference from the Bernabeu, he pointed to Liverpoolwhere he spent five seasonsas reason for not wanting to come back to the Premier League.

I had five great years at Liverpool and I would rather just keep that memory as it is. The interest came in from Bayern in the last two weeks and it's the right decision.

Yeh, like I said: maybe Pep's losing the plot.

Very interesting to see what Bayern do this season. Murdered by Real Madrid in the Championes League.

Maybe Ancelotti's lost the plot mind.

Alonso was never coming to Chelsea.

Next job for Alonso....TV pundit. Pretty soon I reckon.

pundit? nah, manager. he's played under benitez, pellegrini, ancelotti and now guardiola. so even with the enormous drag factor and personality vacuum that is mourinho in there it's pretty clear that alonso's learning how to become a coach.

• Like 1

Smart move by Bayern to latch on to Alonso given their midfield injuries. Smart move by Alonso given the prospect of much less playing time at RM. And as Stevie points out he'll ratchet up the learning process.

I'd wager we'll see Alonso and Mascherano facing off as managers within 6-7 years or less.

Smart move by Bayern to latch on to Alonso given their midfield injuries. Smart move by Alonso given the prospect of much less playing time at RM. And as Stevie points out he'll ratchet up the learning process.

I'd wager we'll see Alonso and Mascherano facing off as managers within 6-7 years or less.

Have you heard either of them express an interest in management?

Have not Chiccy, but I'd wager the mortgage, if I had one, on Mascherano. He's a tailor made manager, Simeone like. Alonso strikes me as cut from pretty much the same cloth.thumbsup.gif

Have not Chiccy, but I'd wager the mortgage, if I had one, on Mascherano. He's a tailor made manager, Simeone like. Alonso strikes me as cut from pretty much the same cloth.thumbsup.gif

You would have been best off just telling him that you discussed it with them on the phone, he won't leave it alone now, you know what he's like biggrin.png

Barrel of laughs on that one.biggrin.png I'll be summoned soon and in need of an affidavit.

Preparing for the deposition.laugh.png

• Like 2

Falcao rumors heating up and apparently City are in the mix.w00t.gif

Or Monaco using City to drive the Real Madrid fee up. Thought it was an open secret he was going there.

Could be Carmine though I've got a feeling about this. Falcao to City and Negredo to Valencia. Uuuuuuupaaaaahhh !!

So just a wild guess then.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1