Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smart move by Bayern to latch on to Alonso given their midfield injuries. Smart move by Alonso given the prospect of much less playing time at RM. And as Stevie points out he'll ratchet up the learning process.

I'd wager we'll see Alonso and Mascherano facing off as managers within 6-7 years or less.

Have you heard either of them express an interest in management?

Bob Paisley ,Joe Fagan & Kenny Dalglish never hawked themselves out either!

Smart move by Bayern to latch on to Alonso given their midfield injuries. Smart move by Alonso given the prospect of much less playing time at RM. And as Stevie points out he'll ratchet up the learning process.

I'd wager we'll see Alonso and Mascherano facing off as managers within 6-7 years or less.

So just a wild guess then.

coffee1.gif

you won't like it but a mate of mine is friends with xabi alonso. and he has every intention of becoming a manager apparently. but you carry on.

So just a wild guess then.

coffee1.gif

you won't like it but a mate of mine is friends with xabi alonso. and he has every intention of becoming a manager apparently. but you carry on.

Yeh. That's what AVB and Sherwood said. Still waiting.

^

That serious Stevie mate...?

Quality. Even at his age would have been a serious addition to any top PL side, great great player that I'm sure you were sad to see leave.

And, would you have had him back now, at this stage.?

redrus

^

That serious Stevie mate...?

Quality. Even at his age would have been a serious addition to any top PL side, great great player that I'm sure you were sad to see leave.

And, would you have had him back now, at this stage.?

redrus

Chelsea didn't want him, whatever romantic ballacks StevieH comes up with.

Alonso will be a television pundit as soon as Guardiola realises that he got it wrong and Alonso strung him a line.

Sky is saying in the UK this morning that Chelsea have met Loic Remy's 10.5m ... and then Wenger came in with a matching offer.

Surprised that Arsene did not offer 10.51msmile.png (although he will get more playing time with us and he's a frog, so Wenger must be relying on that to tip the balance)

I'm underwhelmed with that as a signing option - clearly just a make-weight to see us through to Giroud's recovery. Not really a target frontman either - he's shorter and lighter than I am. We've got enough clever quick ball-playing attacking mids that can stay upfield a bit more. Was hoping for a plan B type striker who would be a clear alternative to the Giroud mould.

But at this stage of the window needs must I guess.

Sky is saying in the UK this morning that Chelsea have met Loic Remy's 10.5m ... and then Wenger came in with a matching offer.

Surprised that Arsene did not offer 10.51msmile.png (although he will get more playing time with us and he's a frog, so Wenger must be relying on that to tip the balance)

I'm underwhelmed with that as a signing option - clearly just a make-weight to see us through to Giroud's recovery. Not really a target frontman either - he's shorter and lighter than I am. We've got enough clever quick ball-playing attacking mids that can stay upfield a bit more. Was hoping for a plan B type striker who would be a clear alternative to the Giroud mould.

But at this stage of the window needs must I guess.

Didn't he fail a medical at Liverpool?

I'm underwhelmed with that as a signing option - clearly just a make-weight to see us through to Giroud's recovery. Not really a target frontman either - he's shorter and lighter than I am.

Er pardon?

'Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.'

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

I'm underwhelmed with that as a signing option - clearly just a make-weight to see us through to Giroud's recovery. Not really a target frontman either - he's shorter and lighter than I am.

Er pardon?

'Remy, who is 6ft tall, is renowned for his pace, eye for goal and a versatility which has also allowed him to succeed in wide positions.'

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

Yes he's apparently also an utter prick.

Er pardon?

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

and also a man of substance(s)......allegedlywhistling.gif ) Fortunately, they are now out of his system.giggle.gif

• Like 1

Er pardon?

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

Really? Care to explain?

• Like 1

Er pardon?

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

Really? Care to explain?

I heard the substance issue rumour too....but I'm sure he'll be fine for you lot.

Er pardon?

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

Really? Care to explain?

I heard the substance issue rumour too....but I'm sure he'll be fine for you lot.

Seemed to work for Gazza and Maradona mind.

Er pardon?

Perfect fit for Chelsea.

Really? Care to explain?

Maybe Kerry Dixon convinced him to sign then............... :-D