• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

GSB Internet Banking

Could be just that branch manager's policy...or his/her misunderstanding of cooperate policy on the matter. Hundreds of posts on ThaiVisa about bank policy inconsistencies regarding ibanking, type of visa required to open a bank account, whether interest is paid or not, etc. How many times have we seen posts where a farang was told by branch X they could not open an account...then the farang goes to another branch of the same bank and that branch opens an new account no problem.

Then again the manager's response of ibanking for only Thai citizens could very well be GSB's cooperate policy...take a look at their web page regarding Qualification for their ibanking...it does say Thai nationality required.

post-55970-0-13444200-1399781109_thumb.j

I have a GSB account in my small Village. The bank teller gave me all the necessary papers for opening an internet account but I received an e-mail afterwards stating that it is not available to foreigners. I can transfer money into the account via Bangkok internet banking.

I have a GSB account in my small Village. The bank teller gave me all the necessary papers for opening an internet account but I received an e-mail afterwards stating that it is not available to foreigners. I can transfer money into the account via Bangkok internet banking.

Yeah! They did the same thing to me. Gave me all the papers to fill out, sent it in, then nothing happened. Go figure.