What a way to start life in LOS.

diyer

Get well soon. Good choice of a place to retire. A gem of a little city. Lived outside Roi-Et since 2001.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And it's nice to see guys like you extending a welcoming comment to newcomers.

OP, MJP is a gentleman and a scholar and DEFINATELY the sort of person well worth picking the brains of when it comes to local issues and tips.

Best of luck getting well and enjoying your new life !

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of you need to call in A/C guy get them to clean out A/C then when able get some lopermide to stop the runs till your body adjust to Thai food or you find the resturants Thai's eat at you will keep getting the runs. As far as Expats isn't the point of being here is to get away of old life? Most are drunks crooks or <deleted> and will try and screw you but there are some that are ok use your best judgement there. Respect the locals don't pat them on the head or use your feet to point at anything. If the King happens to be comming down the street your do your best to be lower than his eye level Period. Don't raise your voice to any Thai. Try and learn language. Always do three finger check or you might find out it is ladyboy you got.Bring toilet paper if out and about. Only carry enough cash you will need to spend ATM's all over Check ATM first to see if tampered with Don't trust any Russian mostly a crook. Avoid Tuk tuk cabs always say meter when useing never take flat rate it is never a deal. Have landlord write address of where you stay in Thai helps if taking taxi home chitfaced with hooker or two. Might want to have umbrella handy during rainy season rains start around 6 PM dailey for an hour or so Streets do flood. 7-11 hotdogs ok also AW rootbeer stand in Bangkok if you get the rootbeer float urge. Also weekly Massage a must thumbsup.gif Oh if gun not like it was when younger try Kamagra it will get willie stiff.

Jeez,Strangebrew,i hope you don't talk the way you post,as you would be very short of breath one would think.

Yes I came here four years ago and had a bad start with the Thai wife who lived with me for nine good years in the UK. Since coming here it has dawned on my that she is viscious evil bitch. No, I'm no longer with her thank ****

Yes I came here four years ago and had a bad start with the Thai wife who lived with me for nine good years in the UK. Since coming here it has dawned on my that she is viscious evil bitch. No, I'm no longer with her thank ****

I would question the appendicitis diagnosis or at least be suspicious. Appendicitis is one of those "get it now before later" operations that greedy doctors can justify in their minds. Hope you were not a make work project.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your medical problems,

Roi Et is a very nice place, I was there a couple of times from KKC to visit a friend and I like it, I am sure you will be happy there.

Just think of it this way, you got the bad things out of the way early and now you can settle down to an uneventful live

When I was in College we had a saying that stuck with me through life.

"The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up" laugh.png

Best wishes for a full and quick recovery

Can't disagree with you about Roi Et. A bit quiet but there are many farang here although a lot are part time. It also has it's own Expat Newsletter.

Hope you have had your quota of illness for a while and have a speedy recovery.

Your luck can only get better from this point , get well and enjoy life you wont be sick forever.

I wouldn't call it luck going to live an uneventful life in Roi-et. I think i'd sooner be dead !!!

Your choice but there are far worse places than Roi Et. Depends what you call uneventful and if you do nothing and go nowhere then it's your problem. You make your own life if you're not into bar life. Maybe you need a Nanny and live in a large polluted city with all its drawbacks?

Edited by Anon999

Are you sure it was appendicitis ?

How many kidneys do you have ?

I still have both kidneys thanks.

Definitely appendicitis, which explained why the 'trots' and feeling so bad.

The kidneys and appendix are in totally different locations.

I'll have a nice scar to prove it.

Your not suggesting they'd slip out one of my kidneys for the black market are you?

If I didn't trust the medical treatment you can get in LOS, I wouldn't have moved here.

With that act of faith you should settle in quickly.