STATINS

STARGASA

Slow rerlease niacin is used for elevated blood lipids but not for hypertension .

A "flush" or tingling is a normal side effect for which reason usually taken at night. But not for BP, only elevated LDLs. Brand name Niaspan in Thailand.

I tried niacin once for blood pressure and it gave my face tingling burning sensation, so the doctor took me off it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's a normal reaction when taking for the first time....(usually the whole body) after a few days of taking it that reaction usually wears off....

Thanks to Sheryl for the Brand name Niaspan in Thailand.thumbsup.gif

Would suggest anyone considering Niacin read the below first and take only on doctors recommendation. It is a very nasty experience for some (including my mother 40 years ago) and is primarly used to increase HDL rather than directly lower LDL as statins do. Effectiveness is questionable.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/niacin/art-20046208

• Like 1

Yes, I should specify that I'm quite well built and those 3B Bestatin are 20mg tablets.

Prices can vary wildly from one pharmacy to another with the private hospital/clinic pharmacies usually being the most expensive. Pay for advice from the doctor and then check the hospital price for the medicine and buy elsewhere if needed. The same applies for blood tests etc: often much cheaper to get them done at a lab yourself and then go and see the doctor with them.

Bestatin is sold without prescription.

where can you get blood tests alone without any consultation with a doctor ?

Yes, I should specify that I'm quite well built and those 3B Bestatin are 20mg tablets.

Prices can vary wildly from one pharmacy to another with the private hospital/clinic pharmacies usually being the most expensive. Pay for advice from the doctor and then check the hospital price for the medicine and buy elsewhere if needed. The same applies for blood tests etc: often much cheaper to get them done at a lab yourself and then go and see the doctor with them.

Any hospital. Just specify the tests that you want and state also that you don't want to see a doctor. Note of warning however, there's lots more to reading and understanding blood test results than just looking up ranges on the internet.

Any hospital. Just specify the tests that you want and state also that you don't want to see a doctor. Note of warning however, there's lots more to reading and understanding blood test results than just looking up ranges on the internet.

i know ,but in europe they told me my liver enzymes (alt and ast i think ) were off the charts about 7 years and they wanted to retest to make sure the first test was accurate because i was young but drinking a lot of whisky at the time

so id be curious as to how they are now (still have the first results on my email to compare against )

Crestor generic is now available in thailand but only in government hospital those pharmacy who carry them must have had a big connection with GPO to be able to sneak it out from the system.

According to many study (google if you want) rosuvastatin has least side effect on rhabdomyolysis compared to others , followe by atorvastatin. Simvastatin seems to be the worse on side effect. Having said that, it does not mean those who take simvastain always have problem, many of us here I am sure have been taking them for decades with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

any private lab.i go to one in korat to have my inr.done every month.200bht.