England World Cup Thread

MrRed

italy will be italy. organised, hard to break down, consistent in possession through pirlo. balotelli always worth a nod for a red card. there's nothing particularly worrying about them though, and if england were to get sterling and johnson attacking de sciglio at left-back they could get a lot of joy.

• Like 1

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You utter fool.

Anyone who has an Argie Icon needs shooting, simple as that.

Simply disgusting. Only this week the team were pictured with a banner still harping on about the Falklands

Alfie Conn=Traitor.

and you're just the man to do it? prick.

for such a self-anointed expert you don't seem to have posted anything about football yet. so it's not surprising most have assumed you're just a trolling bellend.

Prick. You see can I do that as well. Good innit.

You say you're from the North West? Thought as much.

wow, you dislike other english people as well as foreigners? congrats on finding your spiritual home in pattaya lad.

still nothing about football then?

• Like 1

italy will be italy. organised, hard to break down, consistent in possession through pirlo. balotelli always worth a nod for a red card. there's nothing particularly worrying about them though, and if england were to get sterling and johnson attacking de sciglio at left-back they could get a lot of joy.

Wouldn't argue with that Stevie. thumbsup.gif

Lot's of talk about the boy Immobile.

Scored a hat trick on Sunday v Fluminense.

Reckon his name is a misnomer.

Sounds pretty mobile.

Sounds pretty mobile.

good song though. get to do opera.

yeah he looks interesting. is he a definite starter against england though?

Sounds pretty mobile.

good song though. get to do opera.

yeah he looks interesting. is he a definite starter against england though?

Not sure. Seems to be pushing Balotelli for a place. I'll have to do some checking, but yep, reckon we won't know for sure until we see it.

"Although Mario Balotelli has been the favoured striker of coach Cesare Prandelli for the last few years, the case for Immobile is getting stronger.

He was the top scorer in Serie A last season and has just completed a £16m move from Torino to Borussia Dortmund.

It has been a remarkable rise for the 24-year-old who has only just completed his second full season in the Italian top flight. He might not be quite as gifted as Balotelli or Antonio Cassano but Immobile’s selfless work rate and eye for goal might just earn him a place in the starting XI in Manaus on Saturday night."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-2014-italys-ciro-immobile-makes-late-move-to-oust-mario-balotelli-from-starting-xi-9518033.html

Can the guy in the red van with his black and white cat trot off to Soi 6 and work off all that frustration? Afterwards head for the sea, plenty of idyllic afternoon bistro's along beach road to frequent with like minded upstanding tourists - captive audience for him and his footballing expertise as long as he is paying for the Chang of course. What a useless waste of space.....

Apologies for off-topic rant.

Immobile, I had to go and research that one, never heard of him. Ciro Immobile could be a bit of an unknown handful. Let's hope they play Baliotelli. At least he is known to us.......

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another Tea par-TAY candidate.

You may want to separate countries, governments, football squads and individuals. Granted, it causes one to think a bit more but well worth it in the end. In your case I suspect that much thinking might cause a blown fuse. Go easy at first.

reckon this forum might see a bit of an influx of these monobrowed hard of thinking types throughout the world cup? the UKIP and no surrender to the IRA massive?

Was in a cruiser last WC, loads of 'Harrogate' Ingerland fans chirped in with 20 mins of the "no surrender to the IRA" chant, me n the Landlord rolled eyes at each other, he poured me a free Guinness and whispered, "hang about mate, please"

I made it to 70mins. Poor bloke.

redrus

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You may want to separate countries, governments, football squads and individuals. Granted, it causes one to think a bit more but well worth it in the end. In your case I suspect that much thinking might cause a blown fuse. Go easy at first.

reckon this forum might see a bit of an influx of these monobrowed hard of thinking types throughout the world cup? the UKIP and no surrender to the IRA massive?

Was in a cruiser last WC, loads of 'Harrogate' Ingerland fans chirped in with 20 mins of the "no surrender to the IRA" chant, me n the Landlord rolled eyes at each other, he poured me a free Guinness and whispered, "hang about mate, please"

redrus

heh. i remember watching the germany - england 5-1 match in 2001 in a south-west london pub which happened to have a black landlord. he was a mate of our football team and that was our team local, we'd just had a match that day. game kicked off, three neanderthals in front of the telly started up with 'there's no black in the union jack' and gave him the eyeball. they didn't know that he had 15 or 16 of us lot backing him up. as they were bounced out onto the kerb he took great joy in pointing out that the union jack "isn't even the england flag you dense c*nts".

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

hurrah.

The England World Cup squad visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Best laugh I've had in weeks.biggrin.png

And there are 3-400 protestors outside the stadium in Manaus.

there was talk of the protesters numbering in the millions tomorrow. that's probably over-estimated of course but it could still be a pretty staggering amount of people.

Edited by StevieH

redrus

heh. i remember watching the germany - england 5-1 match in 2001 in a south-west london pub which happened to have a black landlord. he was a mate of our football team and that was our team local, we'd just had a match that day. game kicked off, three neanderthals in front of the telly started up with 'there's no black in the union jack' and gave him the eyeball. they didn't know that he had 15 or 16 of us lot backing him up. as they were bounced out onto the kerb he took great joy in pointing out that the union jack "isn't even the england flag you dense c*nts".

redrus I watched that England, Germany match in the Oxford near Manchester Uni. One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced watching a game of football in a pub. Men and women partying in full song, one side of the pub singing to the other with class A banter. Never forget it

redrus

redrus I watched that England, Germany match in the Oxford near Manchester Uni. One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced watching a game of football in a pub. Men and women partying in full song, one side of the pub singing to the other with class A banter. Never forget it

I have no hesitation in pointing out that these were classless Leeds fans, that the landlord and I had the misfortune of witnessing.

Obviously you being in The Peoples Republic of Mancunia, were surrounded by a completely different class of Football fan.. biggrin.pngwink.png

redrus

• Like 2

hurrah.

The England World Cup squad visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Best laugh I've had in weeks.biggrin.png

Yep. That figures if your name is schadenfreude.