England World Cup Thread

MrRed

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another Tea par-TAY candidate.

You may want to separate countries, governments, football squads and individuals. Granted, it causes one to think a bit more but well worth it in the end. In your case I suspect that much thinking might cause a blown fuse. Go easy at first.

reckon this forum might see a bit of an influx of these monobrowed hard of thinking types throughout the world cup? the UKIP and no surrender to the IRA massive?

Was in a cruiser last WC, loads of 'Harrogate' Ingerland fans chirped in with 20 mins of the "no surrender to the IRA" chant, me n the Landlord rolled eyes at each other, he poured me a free Guinness and whispered, "hang about mate, please"

I made it to 70mins. Poor bloke.

redrus

heh. i remember watching the germany - england 5-1 match in 2001 in a south-west london pub which happened to have a black landlord. he was a mate of our football team and that was our team local, we'd just had a match that day. game kicked off, three neanderthals in front of the telly started up with 'there's no black in the union jack' and gave him the eyeball. they didn't know that he had 15 or 16 of us lot backing him up. as they were bounced out onto the kerb he took great joy in pointing out that the union jack "isn't even the england flag you dense c*nts".

I watched that game in Germany(might have been Arcen?) in a little boozer with Longstebe & a few other lads .Great night,we all went home unscathedthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in the pub in the Marriott Cairo, only English guy in there. Pub full of the Euro mafia. One of the best games I ever experienced. Stroppy Kraut and his mates wanted to give me a kicking, a huge enormous Dutch guy stepped in and evicted the lot of them. Happily bought him beer in celebration.

• Like 2

Weather Channel predicting temperatures of 93 F and Humidity 96% for England Italy. Doubt if I could breathe in those conditions, never mind play football! Gonna be a snoozefest I thinksad.png

Kick off 1800 hrs local time. Sunset is at 1758 hrs local time. Yeah it will be warm and humid, but easier without the sun. Temp forecast during the second-half is 28 C dropping to 22 C in the early hours. Too much fuss being made about high temperatures for this particular match. There will be others though where it will be sweltering. We got lucky with timings for our first match me thinks.

• Like 1

Weather Channel predicting temperatures of 93 F and Humidity 96% for England Italy. Doubt if I could breathe in those conditions, never mind play football! Gonna be a snoozefest I thinksad.png

Kick off 1800 hrs local time. Sunset is at 1758 hrs local time. Yeah it will be warm and humid, but easier without the sun. Temp forecast during the second-half is 28 C dropping to 22 C in the early hours. Too much fuss being made about high temperatures for this particular match. There will be others though where it will be sweltering. We got lucky with timings for our first match me thinks.

It's the humidity that screws me...even golfing near the coast over here (60%H) and I'm soaked thru'! So is the caddy tho' (which is always nice to see)whistling.gif

• Like 1

So you've never heard of Apparent Temperature then have you.

Playing in that heat and humidity feels like playing in a temperature of nearly 47C. Even when it drops to 28C the Apparent Temperature is still hovering around 36C.

nil - nil then.

still, bodes well for the world cup in qatar eh sepp?

• Like 1

Shock horror, a scouser posting an article about a Liverpool player on this thread biggrin.png

article wasn't written by a liverpool fan you berk.

just providing some context about sturridge's form and season.

Strange thing about ComradeH he denies being English despite being born there, is not from Liverpool but never denies it when anyone calls him a scouser.

If he is still in Chiang Mai possibly I can get up there, get a few Changs down him and offer a bit of counselling, one likes to help out when one can.

never denied being born in england rott and have certainly denied being a scouser plenty of times. wool galore here. it's nice to know you're paying attention from afar though.

sadly not in chiang mai for a bit, time zone and curfew making the world cup watching awkward going on impossible. back there in july though and happy to buy you a beer any time you're up. none of that chang pish mind. got to have some standards.

Not wishing to belabour the point H, but I was referring to your statement "just because I was born in England doesn't mean I'm English." From a while back to be fair, but it is the sort of thing that sticks in the mind.

Now if only I could remember what I was doing five minutes ago.

never denied being born in england rott and have certainly denied being a scouser plenty of times. wool galore here. it's nice to know you're paying attention from afar though.

sadly not in chiang mai for a bit, time zone and curfew making the world cup watching awkward going on impossible. back there in july though and happy to buy you a beer any time you're up. none of that chang pish mind. got to have some standards.

Not wishing to belabour the point H, but I was referring to your statement "just because I was born in England doesn't mean I'm English." From a while back to be fair, but it is the sort of thing that sticks in the mind.

Now if only I could remember what I was doing five minutes ago.

fair enough mate. i'm a mongrel, just happened to be born in the north-west of england. fifteen or twenty miles west and i'd be nominally welsh.

Gary Neville accidentally leaks England tactics for Group D opener against Italy

gary+neville+tactics.jpg

Brazil: England coach Gary Neville may have inadvertently given away crucial tactics ahead of England's game again Italy.

The former Manchester United captain was pictured leaving the team hotel carrying a piece of paper with team instructions on it.

On one side of the sheet you can clearly see a list of players names, with instructions on what they should do during the match.

Most noticeable was Leighton Baines' name, next to which was written "“When ball goes into central zone, team must make at least three passes before hitting the centre forward (CF), one ball is played into end zone, two midfielders try to get in and support for a forward, if defending team win ball back, they counter straight away".

Following the news of his gaff, Neville took to his twitter account to defend his actions by posting the following message:

gary+neville.jpg

tvn.png
-- 2014-06-12

England will not win the world cup because we didn't take our star player with us: EMILE HESKEY!

emile heskey has as many world cup goals as lionel messi and more than wayne rooney. one for the stat fans there.

• Like 1

Well either that plonker Neville has given the Eyeties our game plan or it's a cunning game of double-bluff.

Gary Neville has denied training notes he was photographed carrying were a game plan for England's World Cup opener against Italy.

The England coach was pictured carrying a list of instructions as England went through a training session at their Rio base.

The sheet read: "When the ball goes into control zone – team must make at least three passes before hitting the CF [centre forward].

"Once the ball is played into the end zone – 2 MFs [midfielders] try to get in and support for a 3v2.

"If the defending team win the ball back they counter straight away."

The notes suggested Roy Hodgson might attack Group D opponents Italy with a high-tempo approach when the two sides meet in the sweltering heat of Manaus on Saturday.

It's the bit about Charges that intrigues me.

"Half a league, Half a league, Half a league onward.....".

Edited by Chicog

looks like italy have lost their left-back de sciglio for tomorrow, out injured. and he was their weak link anyway. so they're going to have to play a centre-back there, possibly rannochia. england have got to get at that.

• Like 1

Wonder if Roy call's em by their nicknames,like Mclaren and Mike Basset,what are the nicknames any way,i know we have ,Wazza,stevie g,Lamps,but what the other lads nicknames? Surerly Jones would be called gurning.

smile.png

Better ask the Liverpool boys because we could be a Liverpool 7/11 side.

thumbsup.gif

I'd call Sterling, Mint

Wonder if Roy call's em by their nicknames,like Mclaren and Mike Basset,what are the nicknames any way,i know we have ,Wazza,stevie g,Lamps,but what the other lads nicknames? Surerly Jones would be called gurning.

smile.png

Better ask the Liverpool boys because we could be a Liverpool 7/11 side.

thumbsup.gif

I'd call Sterling, Mint

yes you do keep trying that one and it doesn't seem to be catching on does it? :)

sterling's nickname is actually 'heemio', 'cos of all the unnecessary brasilian style flicks and tricks he did when he was a kid.