England World Cup Thread

MrRed

Laborious Rooney is the one I am concerned about. Some commentators think he has a god given right to start, others say Roy is pooh scared to leave him out. The youngsters around him deserve better!

apparently rooney himself thinks he has a god-given right to start too.

but where do you pick him? play him as your centre forward and you weaken the side by not picking sturridge in his best position. play rooney as a 10 and he'll upset the midfield and trundle around wheezing after pirlo. if you're picking a team, an XI that works together, for a tournament like this, i don't really see what massive value rooney brings to a starting line-up.

Who would you play as a No 10 then stevie ?

Both Sterling and Lallana can play (or alternate) that role at the front of a diamond if you need a number 10, and also assist in harassing Pirlo when he is deep. That leaves the other RS/AL to play upsides Sturridge when breaking, or to cover one of the flanks when Italy have the.ball.

As has been said before, Rooney is the elephant in the room as I don't see him being capable of that job.The team would be far better balanced without him but does Woy have the bottle?....I doubt it!

Henderson and Wilshere/Barclay in front of Gerrard, pressing if/when Pirlo moves forward and two attacking full backs (neither's strength is defending!) and you have a positive, attacking team that may well scare the Italians and Uruguayans.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening having had pwevious with the miserwable git sad.png

• Like 1

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laborious Rooney is the one I am concerned about. Some commentators think he has a god given right to start, others say Roy is pooh scared to leave him out. The youngsters around him deserve better!

apparently rooney himself thinks he has a god-given right to start too.

but where do you pick him? play him as your centre forward and you weaken the side by not picking sturridge in his best position. play rooney as a 10 and he'll upset the midfield and trundle around wheezing after pirlo. if you're picking a team, an XI that works together, for a tournament like this, i don't really see what massive value rooney brings to a starting line-up.

Who would you play as a No 10 then stevie ?

Both Sterling and Lallana can play (or alternate) that role at the front of a diamond if you need a number 10, and also assist in harassing Pirlo when he is deep. That leaves the other RS/AL to play upsides Sturridge when breaking, or to cover one of the flanks when Italy have the.ball.

As has been said before, Rooney is the elephant in the room as I don't see him being capable of that job.The team would be far better balanced without him but does Woy have the bottle?....I doubt it!

Henderson and Wilshere/Barclay in front of Gerrard, pressing if/when Pirlo moves forward and two attacking full backs (neither's strength is defending!) and you have a positive, attacking team that may well scare the Italians and Uruguayans.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening having had pwevious with the miserwable git sad.png

Who said anything about a diamond ? im talking about a number 10 being the middle man of the attacking 3 where Rooney plays for Utd.

England aint going to play a diamond as that would mean playing 2 forwards and lately they've been playing 4 -2-3-1, likewise they wont play Henderson, Wiltshire / Barclay, Gerrard as that's a midfield 3 !

..................................................gk

....def................def........................................def.................def

...................................................SG

..................................JH..................................JW

................................................RS(NO10role)

..............................DS..................................AL

is far better than "Rooney being the MIDDLE man of the attacking three. " Sorry son, That is DS's job

BTW Read the last line of my post...of course Woy won't play that systemfacepalm.gif

Deary me. Perhaps hold back a bit of the anti Roy venom for when he delivers the failure some of you clearly crave, or you'll have none left.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

....def................def........................................def.................def

is far better than "Rooney being the MIDDLE man of the attacking three. " Sorry son, That is DS's job

BTW Read the last line of my post...of course Woy won't play that systemfacepalm.gif

To be fair, all I asked stevie was who would he have as no10 and all we get is you waffling laugh.png

What are you on about ? only a scouser would have Sterling instead of Rooney, talk about bias, all we have on this "England World Cup Thread" is scousers talking up or defending Liverpool players !!!

Who ? is far better than "Rooney being the MIDDLE man of the attacking three. " Sorry son, That is DS's job, Who is DS, can't be Sturridge as he is up front !!!!!!!! and Lallana is not a forward.

Your on the piss ain't ya ? biggrin.png

• Like 1

That would work for me, but I get the impression people think Roy is unlikely to do it.

Or do I need to slow down on the Leos? facepalm.gif

Still trying to work out what Roy is up to playing Rooney wide on the left against Ecuador tonight.

Maybe he's sending out a message?

Same with Milner at RB.

Glen Johnson not have a good game against Peru.

• Like 1

To be fair, all I asked stevie was who would he have as no10 and all we get is you waffling laugh.png

What are you on about ? only a scouser would have Sterling instead of Rooney, talk about bias, all we have on this "England World Cup Thread" is scousers talking up or defending Liverpool players !!!

Who ? is far better than "Rooney being the MIDDLE man of the attacking three. " Sorry son, That is DS's job, Who is DS, can't be Sturridge as he is up front !!!!!!!! and Lallana is not a forward.

If we put in a reasonable showing it'll be all thanks to the Liverpool players and in spite of the manger. If we do poorly it'll be all because of the manager and nothing to do with the players... well at least not the Liverpool ones anyway.
  • Like 1

And the definition of an attacker is?,,,,,= someone who plays up frontcheesy.gif Oh, and by the way, Lallana can play as a forward or at the tip of the diamond (as hopefully you will see next season in more detail wink.png)

PS: Where the <deleted> do you think Rooney is from? Keep on givin' Alfie, definitely the best laugh on TV (and that is saying something, given some of the other threads)clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

If we put in a reasonable showing it'll be all thanks to the Liverpool players and in spite of the manger. If we do poorly it'll be all because of the manager and nothing to do with the players... well at least not the Liverpool ones anyway.

Make you right Rixthumbsup.gif 'cept if we do ok, I will also give Woy the plaudits. At the end of the day, he picks the team and chooses the tactics. I've no confidence in him given his past but will be first to congratulate him if he surprises me. Can;t be fairer than that can I?

• Like 2

Fair play.

thumbsup.gif

( Takes the heat off Chelsea mind, cos all our boys are playing for Spain, Brazil and the little dark horse BELGUM.)

C'mon Phil. Need a result matey.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

Deary me. Perhaps hold back a bit of the anti Roy venom for when he delivers the failure some of you clearly crave, or you'll have none left.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No. He's a c*nt.

• Like 2

Well FWIW. I'm sitting on the fence. smile.png

But I ain't convinced a bloke who likes a cup of tea somewhere between Croydon and Malmo will get this Brazil thing sussed.

( C'mon Phil, they score 9 you score 10. Or something a bit like that. thumbsup.gif )

Brillliant, Rooney on the left, has to play every ball with his right foot, going forward that's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Alfie prefers him in the middle of the attack...but not up front you understandcheesy.gif

Shrek is all over the shop! Lack of discipline? or has he been given a free role? On the upside, the Ox is playing well, as is Barkley...if he learns when to release the bloody thing! Oh, and the Dutch ain't lookin that good against the Taffs!

And the definition of an attacker is?,,,,,= someone who plays up frontcheesy.gif Oh, and by the way, Lallana can play as a forward or at the tip of the diamond (as hopefully you will see next season in more detail wink.png)

PS: Where the <deleted> do you think Rooney is from? Keep on givin' Alfie, definitely the best laugh on TV (and that is saying something, given some of the other threads)clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Your clueless, I mention to stevie" who would he have at no.10" and you start talking about diamonds, &lt;deleted&gt;

Lallana can probaly play in goal but that doesn't make him a goalkeeper, all season he has played in Soton's atttacking midfield 3, either in the middle or one of the wide positions, he hasn't played up front or the tip of a diamond, &lt;deleted&gt;

Whats this thing with diamonds, do you own a jewellery store or something biggrin.png

Best you stick to talking about the Liverpool and diamonds as you know fark all about anything else !!

^We wish BBthumbsup.gif

Thanks to the ever reliable TOT WNKRS, lost transmission just after the 2nd goal so only just seen Sterling's red.

Won the ball and the linesman gave a throw in! No way a red card. Valencia's histrionics and Wilshere's hard man act together with a dopey yank ref caused the card imo. Anyway, he is still available for Italy...ifhe can get back in Woy's good books!

The Ox might be a bigger problem due to injury (needs a scan).Pity, as he was one of our better players from what I saw!

I've sussed it now, your getting confused, when I said " im talking about a number 10 being the middle man of the attacking 3 where Rooney plays for Utd " it was pretty obvious I was talking about the attacking mid 3 as England don't play with 3 forwards and neither do Utd, again sorry to confuse you biggrin.png