Spouse Visa? How to Get Married in Thailand?

Well I bit the bullet and arranged an agent.

He has just picked up my forms but says I am missing some documents that weren't on my list.

If he can't get the O he said he will try for a double tourist visa.

If I come in on my third double tourist visa in a row, will I need to show any funds or onward flights at Bangkok airport?

Thanks

Phew got the non immigration O!

Didn't need the business documents after all.

Now need to do the next step and convert it into something else?

There is nothing you need to convert.

Just apply for a dependent extension at immigration during the last 45 days of your 90 day entry.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Its almost the last 45 days of the 90 days of the single entry non-Imm O so will soon be time to go to immigration and do the extension of stay. 

I will be going to Chang Wattana, do I still just need the TM7 form and the marriage certificate and copies of my partners passport showing their extension?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We got the extension and we both had to be there in person.

There was quite a bit of confusion about which area we had to wait at and we ended up being sent to the wrong counter twice but got there in the end. 

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Both of you need a affirmation letter.

Both of you need a affirmation letter.??? Is this true??? Both???

Yes !

No!! only I needed an affirmation letter when I recently got married.....

I had the immigration officer round my house today for the inspection regarding my extension based on marriage. I was expecting 2 uniformed officers to look in wardrobes etc to see if I really did live there. Nope, nothing like that. Some guy turned up alone wearing a Harley Davidson T-shirt, chatted with my wife for 5-10 minutes, took some notes, took a photo of us both in the house and that was it. The extension application has been a breeze so far.