Partial denture made in Pattaya?

Suradit69

After managing to break off two posts in a dental bridge I had (both broken off half-posts irretrievable) I'm left with the option of getting implants or a partial denture. At my age it really would be a waste of money to go the implant route. My dentist is producing a purely cosmetic partial plate (probably a waste of money at my age as well), but I gather he doesn't do the partials that are both functional & cosmetic.

I know that Bangkok Pattaya Hospital does the functional partials, but before checking on prices there, has anyone had any recent experience at the hospital or at a clinic with a partial denture? I need a three tooth partial and would like to get an idea of the cost and the degree of satisfaction if anyone would like to share his/her experience.

The bridge I had done locally for around Baht 30,000 (I'm pretty sure that's about right). The occlusion was never great, which resulted in the need to get it recemented a few times and finally then the broken posts. I've always had excellent dental work done either at the hospital or at a small clinic in Pattaya, but this was definitely an exception to all the other work done.

At my age it really would be a waste of money to go the implant route.

Implants are wonderful. Next best thing to having your own teeth.

"Implants are wonderful. Next best thing to having your own teeth."

That's what they told me before getting my first crown.

If I was looking out well into the future, I might consider it, but I don't feel like investing that much time and money in something that will probably outlive me.

I had a partial top denture made at Pattaya iInter several years ago,it wasn't so expensive, about 13.000 baht for top and bottom set, Never a problem with the partial which is clipped onto remaining teeth. Probably more expensive nowadays. just give them a phone call and get a rough quote.

Cheers

If I was looking out well into the future, I might consider it, but I don't feel like investing that much time and money in something that will probably outlive me.

Clearly any decision will be based on individual circumstances. My two implants cost me a total of just over 80KBaht. I hope they will outlive me. They feel like they will.

If ever any more of my teeth come out I will certainly get them replaced with implants if I do anything at all.

Clearly any decision will be based on individual circumstances. My two implants cost me a total of just over 80KBaht. I hope they will outlive me. They feel like they will.

If ever any more of my teeth come out I will certainly get them replaced with implants if I do anything at all.

"I hope they will outlive me. They feel like they will."

Yes, I worded that badly. I just meant that paying Baht 40,000 or 50,000 or more per tooth on top of the Baht 30,000 that I, and my insurance, spent on the bridge and more that I, and my insurance, spent years ago on some individual crowns just seems like throwing money into a bottomless pit. Genetics and mild but relentless acid reflux seem to undermine whatever I have done, so I'm throwing in the towel and looking for whatever works for the least amount of cash and time. This particular set of teeth and the bridge has been especially problematic over the years, but a lot of money has gone into the rest of the mouth as well.

I do hope that whatever dental work I've had done at this point does outlive me and that I don't need to spend anymore time with a stranger's hands in my mouth and in my wallet. There are many other things I could spend my money and time on that would bring greater enjoyment. Actually I can't think of any other endeavor that would bring less enjoyment than spending more time reclining in a dentist's chair.

Edited by Suradit69

Was quoted 9000 - 10000 baht per set, when I asked last month. Dental Clinics and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, quoted the same price. No personal experience yet.

Thanks for the information. I find the cosmetic partial to look quite nice but to be fairly annoying. So in a week or so I'll probably go back to Dr. Thammarat Sanguansatwaja at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and give the better quality ones a try.

Twelve months ago I broke one of my front crowns. The problem with this was that it was a support for my partial denture on that side. I went to the hospital in Sri Racha just down the coast from Pattaya.

The dental facility was first class, I was told the crown could not be repaired, that the root would need extracting and after the gum had healed, an impression would have to be made to produce a new denture, the new denture would be ready one week after the impression had been taken. So three appointments at the hospital, extraction, impression made, new denture fitted. Cost 10,000Bt give or take a few Baht. The denture fitted perfectly and in fact I could forget it was there, I'd go over a week sometimes without realising how long I'd had it in.

I would recommend treatment at this hospital dental facility to anyone, in fact recently my last crown at the front broke through biting on a block of chocolate, so I need to go through the whole process again and have another denture made with an extra tooth on. So I'll be making another appointment there myself any day. I couldn't fault the service, care and attention, the excellent fit of the denture made at what I would suggest a very reasonable cost for the number of visits and the denture.

Twelve months ago I broke one of my front crowns. The problem with this was that it was a support for my partial denture on that side. I went to the hospital in Sri Racha just down the coast from Pattaya.

The dental facility was first class, I was told the crown could not be repaired, that the root would need extracting and after the gum had healed, an impression would have to be made to produce a new denture, the new denture would be ready one week after the impression had been taken. So three appointments at the hospital, extraction, impression made, new denture fitted. Cost 10,000Bt give or take a few Baht. The denture fitted perfectly and in fact I could forget it was there, I'd go over a week sometimes without realising how long I'd had it in.

I would recommend treatment at this hospital dental facility to anyone, in fact recently my last crown at the front broke through biting on a block of chocolate, so I need to go through the whole process again and have another denture made with an extra tooth on. So I'll be making another appointment there myself any day. I couldn't fault the service, care and attention, the excellent fit of the denture made at what I would suggest a very reasonable cost for the number of visits and the denture.

That's what I'm aiming for too. I had this cosmetic partial made at a local dentist when a bridge broke off for the fourth and last time. The bridge was dependent on two posts and they broke off at different times, making it impossible to recement the bridge again. Unfortunately the occlusion was never quite right. When this partial is in it does look quite good, but I certainly never forget that it's there and for eating anything much more than soup I need to take it out.

I have found Dr. Thammarat at Bangkok Pattaya to be excellent for crown work (he didn't do the bridge ... had he done I may never have had this problem), so I think I'll go back to him to see about having a proper one made that I can sometimes forget is in my mouth too, but thanks for the info about Sri Racha. I'll keep it in mind for possible future reference.

Suradit69...

I, and many friends, have exclusively used the German dental clinic for nearly a decade.

Located, on the inland side of Soi-9 on Thappraya Rd, (next to a 7/11). 038-251289 open 9-6 Mon-Thur.

In addition to using top quality European equipment, they have what may be the best in-house

dental lab in Pattaya. I also like that they use Thai female dentists, trained in various specialties, as

their smaller hands are more comfortable when working in your mouth ;-)

I don't know if they do implants (I never asked), but I've had a few dental posts as well a

bridge/denture done there years ago.

I've been to dentists in the States as well as here in Thailand, and besides the excellent quality of the work

at the German clinic, the one thing I've never encountered elsewhere is that they _guarantee_ their work!

Prices are lower than any of Pattaya's expensive 'farang' hospitals

BTW...I'm not German and English is spoken