How tolerant are international are lines in case of lost a flight or connection?

Sandman77

Yesterday a colleague call me , he come 6 minutes to late in zurich to check it , and quatar air says your flight lost you must book again your ticket!

I give the advice , that he can claim back the airport tax of a lost flight to cut the loose in the middle !

Very good and tolerant is Oman air!

My sister last year lost the flight to long in the rush hour , no problem!

Payed only 100 dollar and got a new ticket!

Quatar airways in Zurich wants also that he payed the difference of the price of first ticket and the new one

• Like 1

he come 6 minutes to late in zurich to check it

shouldn't have checked in late...some airlines have a "tolerance" other not...he picked one that doesn't, happened to me quite a few times over the years

I give the advice , that he can claim back the airport tax of a lost flight to cut the loose in the middle !

no he cannot

It all depends on the class of ticket you have bought and the conditions attached to it.

Most really cheap tickets are non-refundable and cannot be reissued or changed. If you pay a bit more your ticket will probably allow you to change your flight on payment of a flat fee. And it you pay top-notch your ticket will be fully exchangeable/modifiable without charge.

If you are flying out of the UK and don't use your ticket then you can indeed get a refund of the pre-paid APD but not the airport fee, as far as I know.

Hi there!

I think it has something to do with swiss perfection style not with the airline it self!

One time I fly home stop over in Berlin

Allready all people inside the airplane

The door close ready for talk off

But airplane not start, then the pilot says , we forget one passenger

Mr xy the door opens again!

Maybe a rich business man, where money is no problem..

I forget that's the eu law claimed back the airport tax in swiss cannot do!

Also travel agency's not tell you, but this little detail is inside the eu travel rights!

Nothing to do with "Swiss perfection". Reclaim of airport taxes and fees are also possible in Switzerland, the EU directives are implemented as well. Simple facts:

1 ) A No-Show is a No-Show which basically means your ticket is lost and the airline has no obligation to let you re-book. If they do, they do it for obligingness to keep you happy as a customer

2 ) Which part of the original ticket price (taxes and fees) you can get back depends on the airline and their ticket invoice. Some airlines even pay back the fuel surcharge, others will not and will ask for a processing fee of up to 50 Euro.

3 ) If the airline decides to let you re-schedule your flight, the cost for this will depend on your original ticket faire and booking class. Cheapest booking classes do NOT allow any reschedule, so you will pay for a complete new ticket, others can be rescheduled for a fee, others (the expensive flex-tickets) can be rescheduled without fee.

4 ) An airline that re-opens the door as you described can do it for various reasons:

- the flight did not yet get it's departure slot and had to wait anyway

- the luggage of the passenger is in the plane and would otherwise have to be unloaded

- yes, it might be a VIP or it might be somebody from a late flight of the same airline and the airline wants to omit any complaints

Probably not on KLM.

Was waitlisted on Lufthansa, they had 3 flights out of Bangkok night time, we were 60 people with overbook status, 3 left over (low priority) I walked to KLM desk and asked them if they would take me (I was low priority airline staff) answer was yes, but they had 4 missing passengers, they closed check in whilst I was waiting, but still asked me to wait some more. 15 minutes after closing 4 unwashed Italian back packers made it to the desk. They were hurried to the plane and I could take a taxi to down town.

This was still Don Meuang time.

Next night, same scenario with LH, went back to KLM desk and I did get the last seat that night. I did end in Amsterdam though...

If you get to check-in 6 mins after it has closed , its closed. No different than if you got there 6 hours late. It's not the airlines fault. If you have the cheap ticket they probably won't help. If you have a more expensive one they probably will for the date change fee. If you are elderly , or mother with a baby, or women who bursts into tears they will probably bend the rules. If you are a single male you get no sympathy or bending of the rules.

If you miss a flight or you need to cancel a non-refundable ticket then you can claim a refund for the tax portion of your ticket in the UK. For long-haul the tax and fare quite often are about the same in economy. Worth applying for.

Another imported question

What law will be used , and is valid that one from the arrival or departure airport?

Where the ticket has been booked?

In my case my family booked swiss air tickets in austria was 300€ cheaper then in Thailand

Now the departure airport in Bangkok

Because I booked in. The reverse direction!

So every country and also the travel agency have there own guidelines

But who I must contact first?

Who is responsible for what?

When I want change flight date of a ticket bought in Europe for example

Will always the changing fees of departure airport applyed or airport tax?

Or the tax of arrival airport!

Changing time date in swiss is 150 franks but in Thailand only 1000 baht , but I not sure does some airline have higher fees?

I only must know this when schengen visa not arrived in time

My embassy did not accept confirmation or reservation of flights must show a allready booked ticket!

Another imported question

What law will be used , and is valid that one from the arrival or departure airport?

Where the ticket has been booked?

In my case my family booked swiss air tickets in austria was 300€ cheaper then in Thailand

Now the departure airport in Bangkok

Because I booked in. The reverse direction!

So every country and also the travel agency have there own guidelines

But who I must contact first?

Who is responsible for what?

When I want change flight date of a ticket bought in Europe for example

Will always the changing fees of departure airport applyed or airport tax?

Or the tax of arrival airport!

Changing time date in swiss is 150 franks but in Thailand only 1000 baht , but I not sure does some airline have higher fees?

I only must know this when schengen visa not arrived in time

My embassy did not accept confirmation or reservation of flights must show a allready booked ticket!

sounds like you never travelled before...

- the airline's Terms and Conditions apply to any change you want to do for your tickets, it does NOT matter where you booked it and from where you fly. Read the T&C you received with your ticket.

- you can of course go through your travel agent, but you will only add cost as your travel agent will also want his share for the rebooking, but you can then safe your own time.

- the fees have nothing to do with the airport, since it is a ticket fee for rebooking and not a tax from any airport, they will stay the same, since you don't change the departure or arrival airports

One time I got the info, fees for changing airplane only valid from departure airport no matter where the ticket has been booked!

In Thailand the fees are much lower then in Europe on the same airline, that's a fact !

One time I got the info, fees for changing airplane only valid from departure airport no matter where the ticket has been booked!

In Thailand the fees are much lower then in Europe on the same airline, that's a fact !

No. The fees for changint the ticket are depending on the booking classes for your ticket. The fees are clearly set out in the T&C of your ticket and you can review them for each airline. Example:

- booking Economy Flex from ZRH to BKK return on Swiss can be rescheduled without fee

- booking Economy Saver from BKK to ZRH return on Swiss can be rescheduled for a fee of 180 euro

- booking Economy Saver from ZRH to BKK return on Swiss can be rescheduled for the same fee of 180 euro

That is because you pay much more for the Economy Flex ticket, when you need the flexibility to change dates in the future.

On top of the fee, the airline will charge you the difference from the original ticket price to the ticket price available for the rescheduled flight. If your original ticket was Economy Saver and the only available ticket on the new date are in Economy Flex, you can easily be charged another few 100 Euro for the higher priced ticket.

These are the facts.

I often think some people shouldn't be let out of the house on their own.

It isn't about tolerance, it's about the T & C's you read when you purchase the ticket.

Yep... but of course we here try to be more tolerant of the people even when they are lost and try to connect them to the right place (the T&C), don't charge a fee for it, even while the have a "free-ticket-to-post" here on TV laugh.pngwhistling.gif