Wife insists her husband not drunk when beaten by PDRC security guards

webfact

Wife insists her husband not drunk when beaten by PDRC security guards
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The wife of a man who was beaten up and seriously injured by security guards of the People's Democratic Reform Committee testified to police and a team of psychologists Tuesday.

The 17-year-old wife, whose name was withheld, met interrogators at the Phayathai police station.

She told police that her husband, Thanakrit Pinwiset, 29, was assaulted by PDRC security guards on Phaholyothin Road in front of Channel 5 at about 10 pm Saturday night.

She said Thanakrit was returning from delivery ice to shops heading back to Pradiphat area while it was raining hard and his pick-up truck accidentally hit a traffic cone of the guards. She said the guards surrounded the truck and assaulted him. She was scared and ran away to seek help.

She returned ten minutes later to find him lying down unconsciously and his body was wrapped in a garbage bag so she rushed him to a hospital.

Pol Col Wichai Daengpradab, an interrogator of the police station, said the wife insisted that her husband was not drunk.

Wichai said the security camera at the scene happened to be a dummy camera and the camera of the nearby Bank of Ayutthaya branch was not in a position to record what happened.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-14

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

convenient cameras eh?

Makes no difference if drunk or not, if anything its worse to do it if he was drunk, and how was he driving anyway if drunk....although that could explain the cone hitting, but then that was bad visibility due to rain.

convenient cameras eh?

Makes no difference if drunk or not, if anything its worse to do it if he was drunk, and how was he driving anyway if drunk....although that could explain the cone hitting, but then that was bad visibility due to rain.

Do you often hit things when driving a car in the rain? There is more to this story. Information we will probably never find out..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Did the Monk promise to hand over the killers? or was that another attack.

There have been so many cases of the peaceful protesters beating and killing that I get confused.

Have they handed over anybody yet? I know there have been promises.

• Like 2

There have been so many cases of the peaceful protesters beating and killing that I get confused.

Has he died?

The Monk, he (get it?) told the police that, for at least 2 separate beating incidents, he is happy to hand over the guards to the police - however, not yet, because they have important duty as security personnel, so please wait until after the protests are over. i.e. not in this lifetime.

Same for Suthep - I will present myself at the cop shop (indeed, march there with all my co-leaders) as soon as I have finished my important mission for the country (don't hold your B).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

convenient cameras eh?

Do you often hit things when driving a car in the rain? There is more to this story. Information we will probably never find out..

You seem SO certain? Anyway it is so simple to discover if he is drunk this is pointless conversation. Also it is no excuse to stab someone. I do not support the reds but there is no excuse for such random violence from either side. LOCK THESE ANIMALS UP.

It seems like Suthep and his people are never wrong even though they violated many laws including blocking the road, conquering the government building and attempt to kill citizens who move their cones. I think the red shirts should invade the Supreme Court building since it is okay to do so.

These PDRC guards are sounding more and more like the Nazi black shirts working for the fascist Suthep.

convenient cameras eh?

I agree. There is no excuse for beating some one in to a comma- drunk or sober.

The extremists on both side are paid thugs...

One day I hope someone is able to develop a method to test alcohol levels in the blood...or maybe on a person's breath, but until that day we are going to have to rely on witness statements days later.

The article makes it sound like he ran over a small orange cone...but why would someone even stop if that were the case?

Why did he not drive away when he saw a group of people approaching him?

Why did they not lock the vehicle doors?

Where were the guards standing when he drove over a cone? On the other side of it?

Everyone is always so quick to say the news is inaccurately reported or important information omitted; yet everyone totally accepts he innocently ran over a small traffic cone without question.

If a group of security guards just approached him without provocation and attacked him and stabbed him for no reason then they should be held responsible--but lets everyone try and not let political leanings cloud the circumstances.

convenient cameras eh?

Sometimes people hits this plastic shit they call traffic cones. They spread this plastic shit everywhere on the roads and it`s impossible to not hit any of them sometimes.