Foodland Opening on Thepprasit

JimSiam

9 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Why build anything in the black hole that's Jomtien...not enough population to support a proper supermarket. Stick to your Family Marts and that Super Mart or whatever opposite Pan Pan.

They already have Makro and Tesco in Jomtien.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Why build anything in the black hole that's Jomtien...not enough population to support a proper supermarket. Stick to your Family Marts and that Super Mart or whatever opposite Pan Pan.

There must be 20,000 condos within a 1km radius of that site, mostly farangs.  Hard to believe it's a black hole with no customers.

12 hours ago, wpcoe said:

There is a bunch of pipes and hardware on the site, but I'm pretty sure that's for an upgrade of the main water line running down Thepprasit Road.  Can anyone confirm?

Yes, that's right, the black pipe is for a new, larger water main.

11 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I wish they were mine!

Just having a coffee now across from the beach, it's peaceful and calm. Didn't get screamed at for massage or the constant blaring of baht bus horns or hassled for sunglasses, suits, or a taxi... No choking bus fumes or stampeding Chinese.. Oh that's right you live in Pattaya lol

Actually on the list of things to cross off to live here was an easily accessible quality supermarket.. Hmmmm

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Just having a coffee now across from the beach, it's peaceful and calm. Didn't get screamed at for massage or the constant blaring of baht bus horns or hassled for sunglasses, suits, or a taxi... Oh that's right you live in Pattaya lol

Actually on the list of things to cross off to live here was an easily accessible quality supermarket.. Hmmmm

actually, Foodmart is good, and even if Foodland ever opens around the corner, I will still go to Foodmart for a number of things.

Foodland wins for: bread and cold cuts, frankfurters, choice of imported condiments such as mustards, mayos, and other imported stuff such as Japanese Rice crackers.

Foodmart is cheaper for a lot of products and will still get my business for fresh meat, milk, emmentaler, and other basic products. Plus, it's open 24h.

I hope though that authorities will get an idea about how to easen traffic at the thappraya/thepprasit intersection, because it gets worse and worse. Now we got a moment of respite because of super low season, but the traffic now is still at the level it was about 5 years ago at peak season.

actually, Foodmart is good, and even if Foodland ever opens around the corner, I will still go to Foodmart for a number of things.

Foodland wins for: bread and cold cuts, frankfurters, choice of imported condiments such as mustards, mayos, and other imported stuff such as Japanese Rice crackers.

Foodmart is cheaper for a lot of products and will still get my business for fresh meat, milk, emmentaler, and other basic products. Plus, it's open 24h.

I hope though that authorities will get an idea about how to easen traffic at the thappraya/thepprasit intersection, because it gets worse and worse. Now we got a moment of respite because of super low season, but the traffic now is still at the level it was about 5 years ago at peak season.

I think between the two you can getting anything you will need right near home

Food mart is enough here, you also have the 2 markets one close to Jomtien immigration and a cheaper one next to colleseum on Thepprasit. They have fresh fruit, vegetables, fish etc. if u need more there is Lotus and BigC no need for one more large place. Use what's there. And for the 20.000 condos how many are empty? (15.000?)

26 minutes ago, Michael8511 said:

Food mart is enough here, you also have the 2 markets one close to Jomtien immigration and a cheaper one next to colleseum on Thepprasit. They have fresh fruit, vegetables, fish etc. if u need more there is Lotus and BigC no need for one more large place. Use what's there. And for the 20.000 condos how many are empty? (15.000?)

Some of us Farang do not drive so that is a consideration.

1 hour ago, Michael8511 said:

Good point. The real estate people can't be believed. One would think there is a massive investment demand but in reality, most buildings are empty and the maintenance fees in delinquency, often years in default and will never be paid up. Once the lifts stop working people will finally get the picture. Jomtien folks just don't spend money. Foodland figured this out I guess after they bought the property. 

Having a car I enjoy shopping at all the markets since each features certain products I need/like. Makro for bulk items, Big C Extra especially cause I like the bakery items and some of their meat products, Villa for many American products (despite the high prices), Tops when I happen to be at Central Festival and of course Foodland because they have a lot of stuff that foreigners like with friendly and helpful sales staff. If Foodland ever opens on Thepprasit I can kiss goodbye to Foodmart and their impossible parking lot, unfriendly staff and very high prices (although I do like their bread selection). I have given up on Tesco on Sukumvit with their inventory mismanagement (no bread, no eggs, no low fat milk, etc.) and the Big C on Sukumvit with their long checkout ques. 

I understand why Foodland doesn't want to charge forward in this uncertain political and economic climate but hopefully that will change in time. 

3 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Did somene recognize that Foodmart sell some really strange cheese? It' doesn't smell. And it even don't melt if it gets heat from a oven. I throw it away. The brand is AGT or MGT or something.

A little bit off topic ,  but for  cheese,   Taste, Qty,  value for money  185 baht

reckon this is about as good as it gets in the shops here. 

nice with some red wine.

(don't know if food land stocks it )

8566768127_a72d570024_z.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived