Foodland Opening on Thepprasit

JimSiam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the rare occasions I've looked inside Foodland I found it way overpriced, even more so than all the other supermarkets here.

I would eat Eggs Benedict at their cafe though, if they have one at that branch.

On the rare occasions I've looked inside Foodland I found it way overpriced, even more so than all the other supermarkets here.

I would eat Eggs Benedict at their cafe though, if they have one at that branch.

I enjoy their specialty items such as oat and goat milk and find them to have the same price as in Villa Makret.

The Chok La Dee all night diner will be a welcome alternative to the really bland KISS in Jomtien market.

The bakery they have alo offers some unique itemss such as pumpkin pie.

The Chok La Dee all night diner will be a welcome alternative to the really bland KISS in Jomtien market.

Yes, Kiss always makes me sad just to look at it.

I noticed the other day that a large open-air structure is going up at the top end of the Rompho carpark. To me it looks like it might be a 200B Thai evening BBQ place. If so it should be popular with the Russians and it will probably get my custom from time to time too.

Foodland will be a welcome addition to this area. When I shop, Foodland and Big C Extra are my first choices. Their friendliness and inventory control are superior to the competition. I am ready to give up on the Big C and Tesco on Sukumwit, just terrible inventory control, how can you possibly be out of butter and milk?

Foodland will be a welcome addition to this area. When I shop, Foodland and Big C Extra are my first choices. Their friendliness and inventory control are superior to the competition. I am ready to give up on the Big C and Tesco on Sukumwit, just terrible inventory control, how can you possibly be out of butter and milk?

It will, no doubt, be a huge success, especially if it has a diner and deli like the one in Pattaya. I hardly go to the one in Pattaya because the traffic is absolutely horrible and there is no place to park, and the baht buses, for some unknown reason, don't like going up and down that street on a regular basis. Unfortunately, Thepprasit Road is perhaps the most dangerous road in Thailand--very crowded with lunatic drivers. And, there is a baht bus problem on that street as well. Still, I will go there.

Finally some good news. I was hoping Big C could move to Jomtien some day but at least we have an alternative to Foodmart , also overpriced.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm a daily customer of foodland. Best butcher in town. Nice Sortiment of bread. Friendly stuff. Not expensive. Much appreciate they come to jomtien.

I totally agree with above post, Foodland is quite nice to shop around as well. Not same as Big C Extra need to park, go above and then have a shitload of lanes with products you dont need. Foodland is the best and most comfortable supermarket so far in Pattaya imo :-)

Finally some good news. I was hoping Big C could move to Jomtien some day but at least we have an alternative to Foodmart , also overpriced.

You can't be serious about hoping that a Big C moves to a place near you.

Wow.

For reals?

Could you be more precise as to the location on Thepprasit?

It is opposite the Decorum furniture store or about 150 meters west of the Colleseum. Baht bus service has greatly improved on Thepprasit but I don't consider the location walking distance from the 2nd Rd. intersection (not with groceries anyway).

Wow.

For reals?

It is opposite the Decorum furniture store or about 150 meters west of the Colleseum. Baht bus service has greatly improved on Thepprasit but I don't consider the location walking distance from the 2nd Rd. intersection (not with groceries anyway).

The fake taxi "collective" must be licking their chops then. Charters, charters, charters! Want to go to Jomtien Complex with your bags? Only 200 baht. OK!

Wow.

For reals?

The fake taxi "collective" must be licking their chops then. Charters, charters, charters! Want to go to Jomtien Complex with your bags? Only 200 baht. OK!

It's the same everywhere JT. I recall those pickups stationed outside Big C and Tesco have their pricelist on a billboard. I think the furthest destination is something like 600 Baht, and that must be within Pattaya territory.

For that price I can get a taxi to Suvurnabumi biggrin.png A Bangkok taxi drives you 3 times around the city for that money.

How can you say that Baht Bus service has greatly improved on Thepprasit since it is still not a recognized route so you still have to wait until a "taxi" Baht bus comes along

If it were there would be a queue near Sukumvit and near Second

How can you say that Baht Bus service has greatly improved on Thepprasit since it is still not a recognized route so you still have to wait until a "taxi" Baht bus comes along

Wrong. I've been taking the Baht Bus from Sukimvit and Thepprasit for a long time and it is actually easier, during the day anyways, to use this route than to take it from Sukimvit and North road down to Second road for example.

The reason? They don't wait until it is full of people before heading down to Theprraya Rd. Generally speaking, I wait no more than 15 minutes.

The one going the opposite way will leave when they have at least 7 people .

After Lotus closes I think they stop but that might change when Foodland opens.

I am still wondering what happening at the new building near the courts, someone said a sandwich shop! surly not. Looks like a few bob been spent on it

It's a La Baguette, sandwiches and coffee, opens on the 21st May. A big place, i bet they spent 50 million baht building it. I can't see the business model. How many passing Russians are going to pay top dollar for a cake/coffee ? Most of the car traffic passes there at top speed.

Many items are only available at Foodland and cannot be compared. Of

You'll find imported items are all over the place price wise, so a rare occasional visit will not tell you much at all.

I have friends that use the baht buses daily going from Tesco to Jomtien. The waits can be 10 or 15 minutes. In high season the buses would que on both ends of Thepprasit and during market hours the que almost looked like Pattaya Tai and 2nd Rd.

I am still wondering what happening at the new building near the courts, someone said a sandwich shop! surly not. Looks like a few bob been spent on it

It's a La Baguette, sandwiches and coffee, opens on the 21st May. A big place, i bet they spent 50 million baht building it. I can't see the business model. How many passing Russians are going to pay top dollar for a cake/coffee ? Most of the car traffic passes there at top speed.

I don't get it either but who knows, maybe they did extensive market research and know something we don't. Also there is that new mall going in near there. That entire general area is going to be bigger thing quite soon.

Not that I care personally ... but still kind of amazed that there is no Starbucks in Jomtien. I wonder if there will be one in that new mall. It's often a symbol than an area has arrived.

Starbucks would be cool for sure. And you can throw in a Royal Garden type mall and food court, and a gas station too!

And MacDonalds. There must about 12 in Pattaya but zero in Jomtien.

Yes, very strange this. There must be at least the same population living in Jomtien as in Pattaya, and so many tourists here, even in low season.

Archived