Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

Or if, say, he had three Mercedes, and just wanted to tell us all about them, but then everyone made fun of him and the thread got locked?

As I said, my point was T.I.T!

As I have the 3 cars with the same broker,( notice this time I don't mention the model, less I upset others!!?) the same insurance company and get No claims bonuses on only 2 of the cars with no explanation even offered, why not on the 3rd.

The point made by the replys was I was ''posing'' about having 3 cars and or making it up.( I have 4 cars actually!)

Most choose to ignore my point, which was they refused No claims bonuses on the 3rd car, but with no explanation of why.

My guess is the ''sour'' replys are probably from guys walking across the border every 2-4 weeks!

Who now have a serious visa problem to over come!

4 cars is too much! ask my wife who said "won't it cost a lot of money if you parked an additional car in an underground garage downtown?"

women! dry.png

Naam, I am the adopted son you don't even know about yet, I will take care of you to the grave, and the cars and the house after I've burnt you !

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naam , can I take my Missus to see your E Type, I live in Wong Amat, then, I leave the Missus as a deposit on the E Type and I take it to Soi 6.

Would get us both in trouble, but, shiiiiit, we would always remember it.. biggrin.png

Or if, say, he had three Mercedes, and just wanted to tell us all about them, but then everyone made fun of him and the thread got locked?

As I said, my point was T.I.T!

As I have the 3 cars with the same broker,( notice this time I don't mention the model, less I upset others!!?) the same insurance company and get No claims bonuses on only 2 of the cars with no explanation even offered, why not on the 3rd.

The point made by the replys was I was ''posing'' about having 3 cars and or making it up.( I have 4 cars actually!)

Most choose to ignore my point, which was they refused No claims bonuses on the 3rd car, but with no explanation of why.

My guess is the ''sour'' replys are probably from guys walking across the border every 2-4 weeks!

Who now have a serious visa problem to over come!

4 cars is too much! ask my wife who said "won't it cost a lot of money if you parked an additional car in an underground garage downtown?"

women! dry.png

Naam, I am the adopted son you don't even know about yet, I will take care of you to the grave, and the cars and the house after I've burnt you !

my eyes are filling with tears. so it's true that fellow human beings with nothing but altruistic motives on their minds exist? huh.png

Never mind about who owns what. Let's get into a poker game, no no-limit though, as even fools can get lucky!

More than 30 years ago, I played 30/60 once or twice a week. Let's play 10 times that. Are you guys into poker games? Seven-stud, Texas hold-them. Omaha, high-low, etc?

Well, since we are getting old, perhaps, we need not to play higher stake so as not to put our lives in trouble! I certainly don't need that!

I would also consider it a waste of money if the garage was downtown.

it would be cooler if the jag was on top and a ferrari underneath .......

a friend of mine built such a garage in Europe paying some fancy money. not because he doesn't have enough space but he thinks "above ground garages are an eyesore!"

i experienced similar views when i was living in the U.S. where a classy home had to have a "side entry" garage with curtained windows to make it look like living area.

well... to each his own garage. we now have a simple carport attached to the house but my wife is still mourning her garage she had in our Florida home.

AKHs%20Garage.JPG

p.s. please don't ask whether her garage was airconditioned. i have no intentions to incriminate myself and therefore invoke the fifth amendment (if that is possible for a non-U.S. citizen).

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

a valid point "Whereustay"!

a few years ago there was a thread "How high is your electricity bill?" i posted a scan of mine (something like 13k Baht) and... oh boy! dozens of attacks and personal insults.

today i got my bill for april-may totalling 20,747 Baht and 23 Satang. boaters wouldn't wink an eye. but this is Thaivisa were the often heard tenor is "why do you need aircon? buy some fans. save the planet and drink your beer lukewarm. less electricity means more money for Chang."

Do you think Brad Pitt or George Clooney post scans of their electricity bill on anonymous forums?

Do you think Bill Gates or Warren Buffet post scans of their electricity bill on anonymous forums?

Do you really need me to tell you why you're viewed here on ThaiVisa as a consummate prick?

If they ask for money, that will be the last time I see them. Sure, I take them out for a nice dinner, to a movie and whatever but I don't like the paid girlfriend crap.

BOOM!!

You've finally admitted that this the reason you're going through women like water here. They're asking you for money, you're refusing and you're getting sidelined. laugh.png

You thought that in Thailand, every zero could be a hero. Every short, bald social misfit could live the dream. Well clearly you were right but your trouble is you can't just enjoy it like any normal guy; you have to try to evoke envy because that's what you felt back home when all the guys with a personality got the girls you wanted so badly and that is where and how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't get your point.

Mr Whereustay dumps girls when they ask for cash.

Surely he's doing the right thing.

Why stay with a greedy bitch when she's only in it for the cash? Surely it's better just to nail 'em and forget 'em.

How tall is this guy, btw?

If they ask for money, that will be the last time I see them. Sure, I take them out for a nice dinner, to a movie and whatever but I don't like the paid girlfriend crap.

BOOM!!

You've finally admitted that this the reason you're going through women like water here. They're asking you for money, you're refusing and you're getting sidelined. laugh.png

You thought that in Thailand, every zero could be a hero. Every short, bald social misfit could live the dream. Well clearly you were right but your trouble is you can't just enjoy it like any normal guy; you have to try to evoke envy because that's what you felt back home when all the guys with a personality got the girls you wanted so badly and that is where and how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't get your point.

Why stay with a greedy bitch when she's only in it for the cash? Surely it's better just to nail 'em and forget 'em.

Ok well allow me to explain the point.

Mr. Whereustay in a long-running thread earlier this year cordially announced that he was done with the kind of girls that have to be compensated after a night or nights of passion. You can check it out out here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704761-getting-out-of-the-bargirl-isaan-dating-scene-feels-great/

He maintained he was graduating to non-paid company who "dated him because they liked him". He claims to have been going through them like a hot knife through butter since but it's only now he's admitted why.

He can't find a woman who wants to be with him for who he is because there's nothing behind mask. Just another wannabe alpha male who couldn't cut it in the West.

• Like 2

BOOM!!

I don't get your point.

Mr. Whereustay in a long-running thread earlier this year cordially announced that he was done with the kind of girls that have to be compensated after a night or nights of passion. You can check it out out here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704761-getting-out-of-the-bargirl-isaan-dating-scene-feels-great/

He maintained he was graduating to non-paid company who "dated him because they liked him". He claims to have been going through them like a hot knife through butter since but it's only now he's admitted why.

He can't find a woman who wants to be with him for who he is because there's nothing behind mask. Just another wannabe alpha male who couldn't cut it in the West.

OK. I read the thread you linked to.

So this guy's a little guy. He's a zero. He couldn't get it on with girls back home. He's come here and discovered women and sex.

But is he really so different from other "second-rate men" here on this forum?

My take is that he's going through a learning phase. He's doing things he's never done before. He's a bit overwhelmed by it all; he's a bit loud; he's a bit of a prat. And he wants to talk about it.

In due course he'll move on and work out what's what.

Hopefully he won't lose his money or end up marrying some peasant he can't even communicate with.

Agreed, the guy doesn't appear to have much life experience but the way he words his posts gives the impression he desperately wants to be accepted but doesn't have the underlying strength of character to cut the mustard. He's going through the learning phase most of us go through and are still going through but is only scratching the surface. Good luck to him and I hope he doesn't repeat his immaturity with a Thai bouncer or a seasoned Thai go-go girl who won't have the patience shown here.

BOOM!!

I don't get your point.

So this guy's a little guy. He's a zero. He couldn't get it on with girls back home. He's come here and discovered women and sex.

My take is that he's going through a learning phase. He's doing things he's never done before. He's a bit overwhelmed by it all; he's a bit loud; he's a bit of a prat. And he wants to talk about it.

Hopefully he won't lose his money or end up marrying some peasant he can't even communicate with.

Agreed, the guy doesn't appear to have much life experience but the way he words his posts gives the impression he desperately wants to be accepted but doesn't have the underlying strength of character to cut the mustard. He's going through the learning phase most of us go through and are still going through but is only scratching the surface. Good luck to him and I hope he doesn't repeat his immaturity with a Thai bouncer or a seasoned Thai go-go girl who won't have the patience shown here.

I guess everyone handles the "novelty" of unlimited tail differently but Whereustay, having been crushed by rejection after rejection back home, simply couldn't contain his delight and he's been boasting about it ever since.

42 isn't an age at which a man enters a learning phase like this and even if it was, it's surely not the age at which a man gushes about it on an anonymous internet forum

As far as marrying some peasant, I'm afraid he's way ahead of you. He's already been hosed by a local ex wife laugh.png

I don't think this guy could be any more of a train wreck if he tried.

Moneyed or not, a he's not gonna turn a losing streak like that around without a major personality overhaul

• Like 2

Thailand (and as a result, Thaivisa) traditionally does not attract expats who are reasonably wealthy, there is therefore a lot of angst and jealousy amongst the remaining 90% (?) who wish they were.

Where some evaluate even the free airport shuttles 'comforts' could you expect a good evaluation of Mercedes and sail boats?

'

An observation by another poster - Thailand does NOT attract "wealthy' farangs. I AGREE!

Even a "humble" definition that wealthy is net assets of >USD1m, I doubt that there are many eligible full-time residents in LOS.

If we exclude the new Chinese wealthy (I know nothing about them), US - not anymore, European - how many actually live here? the Japanese - the ones I have met certainly are not well-healed, Korean - I suggest that most do not stay here on a f/t basis, Singaporean, Malaysian - not full-time residents.

Experience from my native country - 0% "rich" people have come to LOS to live here on a permanent basis. I know one person who sails in the Bahamas & vists Phuket occasionally. The family has USD500m.

Now, back to the rest of us viz reality.

Living in "poor" CNX, I have known a few who may meet my definition of "wealthy". Most have not stayed - gone home. The remainder - two come to mind - one received an inheritance; the other - a combination of self-made, inheritance & "dodgy" dealings? The latter - a total a...hole! Scumbag!

Now, the rest of us. I return to one of my previous posts - we come here for 2 reasons - $$$ & sex (lack of). Almost 100% of us have been through the divorce courts = 50%+ reduction in wealth.

Yet, overnight, there were 50+ posts on this topic. Of course, only a few purport to have wealth. Within the topic, the 2 favourite sub-topics - getting laid & getting a l/t visa.

Omitting the 1st one, visa acquisition seemed to be completed in an "unusual" fashion ie pay $$$ to an "operator". Personally, getting a l/t visa did not require payment of >B10k. It was a simple task - zero "professional fees". Of course, there are "many" "old" expats with l/t (12 month visas) - retirement visas - so simple - B400-800k deposited in aThai bank, a pension (or combination of both).

I considered myself to be "rich" when I arrived. However, "extraction" by a European investment bank & a close relative has made me ineligible. My wealth is down by 60%! Losing $$$ is LOS is easy (maybe quite common) - accumulating wealth in LOS - I am YET to evidence same.

My observation (by going to the Immigration Office & casual communication) - most of us are on pensions. Most of us do not have sufficient funds to acquire a "reasonable" home - say >B6-8m. Of course, there are isolated exceptions - there is one property for sale here for about B30m (@ Green Valley GC - been for sale for a long time + significant price reduction) & another for sale for B150+m? The market is "dead" in this sector. I know one guy here with a house - cost about B20m - worth maybe B10-12m now. My guess is that the average home here (acquired with farang funds) is B2-5m. Chatting with property agents in CNX, the strongest demand by expats is for rented accommodation.

I do not even see many farangs with modern, medium-priced cars!

Yet, TV members have super yachts, mansions, several cars (Mercs, BMWs & L of course), several lovers - Moet on a daily basis (of course). (I have never had a glass of Moet - I have never seen a bottle of Moet in CNX) Indeed, TV members are an elite crew (I enjoyed the post where one TV member alluded that to be eligible for TV membership, you need access to an internet connection.)

I return to another post - my understanding of the typical l/t farang resident of LOS -

a) > 60yo (I am 65)

B) pension-based visa or visa run (I am "rich" - B800k in a Thai bank)

c) rented accommodation - I own a condo - big - >150sqm

d) no private motor vehicle (plenty of m/c) - I am rich - a m/c & 10yo car

e) eat at the local market @ B30/plate

f) coffee consumers - no expense spared here!

g) fashion - locally made copies

h) l/t relationships - I have no idea - I have

i) Pay TV - yes

The above is NOT intended to be a criticism (a slur) on the farang community. Fact? We do not attract "top shelf -$$$" expats in LOS? We do not even attract "educated" expats here? All is OK by me - honesty is a wonderful attribute - in limited supply?

PS: My biggest surprise here - the number of female expats! (No slur intended.)

• Like 1

So, why in hell do we stay here?

I no $$$, I old! I no superstud!

a) $$$ - don't need bundles

cool.png sex - no super studs required - "jai dee" is sufficient

c) weather - for many

d) culture - varied

e) easy going way of life - it is OK to be late occasionally!

f) real estate prices/rent prices

g) proximity to a number of other interesting countries

h) cuisine - variety, quality & price

i) entertainment eg movies reasonably current

j) reading ThaiVisa BS - a real laugh

k) copy CDS, DVDs - never!

l) not many "show ponies"?

m) you can do a lot each day or NOTHING - optional

n) not mandatory to attend gym

o) owning a bicycle is acceptable for private transport

p) availability of imported food products

q) transport prices - domestic & international

r) you do NOT have to be lonely - buy, rent or by the instalment plan

s) opportunity to "care" for "family" & buffalo

t) loving, supportive, attractive Thai wife - always smiling, attending to everything ( cleaning, ironing, me), shopping, banking, immigration, watching TV (of course), paying bills, hospitality, learning your mother tongue language - have I missed anything?

NEGATIVES:

a) TV - for some of us

cool.png Immigration Office procedures - but getting better - visa runs

c) driving habits - will not change?

d) acquisition of freehold property - will not change?

e) fear of being ripped off - overcome with time

f) sometimes, government pensions are not transferrable?

OTHER?

Edited by cnx37

I found that in Indonesia there definitely was some hostility from the lower paid / directly employed by Indonesian companies (teachers/factory quality control) to the traditional 'expat package' employee. A bit of snobbery from those guys usually because they felt they were living in the 'real Jakarta' and the rest of the expats were a bunch of <deleted>.. Living in posh apartments and enjoying fine dining, business class flights paid by the company etc. But really I think it was just jealousy most of the time.

They were limited in what they could do and where they lived due to their salary, jn most cases.. Not because they were purposely trying to 'live as a local', they could only afford local standard accomodation in the more slummy areas. They could only afford to eat locally, and drink in the cheapest bars possible. So all of a sudden anyone on a decent whack was some kind of faker who doesn't deserve to live in Indonesia

You've got English teachers on $1000+ a month, with no allowances, no travel or accommodation. Quality controllers on between $2000-$3000 who may have some benefits, such as a flight home per year and a living allowance. Whereas most of us expat community who are employed by 'farang' companies in the west are on $10,000-$20,000 with all the trimmings of services apartment, flights home and various other bits and pieces. As I was (or am) younger I tried to hang out with the younger teacher crowd, as my partner at the time (and now) is (or was) friends with them as they play weekly sports tournaments etc. but no matter how is try to just get along with them they'd make digs about how discussing that my rent was nearly double their salary and could never leave it out, always had to bring something up. Didn't matter that I worked bloody 12hrs a day or more 6 days a week doing a job they could never fathom. But I was just 'so lucky'. And left me feeling a bit alienated. And it's not as if is ever brought my salary up but when you meet people for the first time they ask where you live and what you do and then they get the idea and that's that.

So I ended up hanging out with my 'own kind' after a while, which was a shame as I never really hang out with anyone my own age anymore. My partner became my best friend and years later we're getting married :)

I guess everyone handles the "novelty" of unlimited tail differently but Whereustay, having been crushed by rejection after rejection back home, simply couldn't contain his delight and he's been boasting about it ever since.

42 isn't an age at which a man enters a learning phase like this and even if it was, it's surely not the age at which a man gushes about it on an anonymous internet forum

As far as marrying some peasant, I'm afraid he's way ahead of you. He's already been hosed by a local ex wife laugh.png

I don't think this guy could be any more of a train wreck if he tried.

Moneyed or not, a he's not gonna turn a losing streak like that around without a major personality overhaul

Ha, ha:)smile.png Hardened Soul....every time you post, you make me laugh.smile.png I don't think there's another poster here quite the same as you.!

Crushed by rejection after rejection?smile.png Like some cage fight where I just keep getting beaten to submission? Do you know a single guy who was ever "crushed" by rejection? I think you watch too many movies. Nobody is "crushed".....maybe she says no...so what? Does anyone really care? Have you ever known a single girl who was so worthwhile that a guy really cared about dating her?

Who said I was hosed by my local ex-wife? Sure, we divorced because I get bored with the same pussy year after year but she got far less than her legal fair share. What you so conveniently leave out is what was her contribution towards my company's success while we were together? And what percentage did she receive from her efforts? Ahhh, we forget to add that little detail, Hardened Soul, because you know why?smile.png Because then your statement would be meaningless and make you look like a complete jackass! Heehaw:)smile.png

Why would I need a personality overhaul? Look at Steve Jobs and how successful he was and yet a complete dick personality wise? ! And guess what? He had a beautiful wife, kids and billions of dollars.

Look at how many Thai men smash their girlfriends' face in once a month? Fractured skull, broken arm, split lips, yet she loves him more than any other guy. That to me is a defective personality yet these Thai losers manage to attract hot go go dancers, keep her money to screw other girls, and drink every night, while staying unemployed or driving a motorbike taxi.

Edited by Whereustay

Whereustay

I have become extremely jealous & insecure of your status! HELP!

May I suggest, Master, that I sign up as an apprentice - become a "clone" - well almost - I will never attain your heights, admiration, respect & envy. I like that! In fact, I am starting to feel horny.

Unfortunately, I am a mere pleb - I may need a credit arrangement - payment by instalments. I am confident that you will display your kindness - your generous side.

I can forward my CV immediately!

Come on - Whereustay - please!

I've always thought it was because I can afford to shout the odd drink for a decent bar mate . . . . . And that I have hair.

But seriously, it's sad but true: never, in all my travels and in whatever jurisdiction I have put down roots have I ever met such a toxic, corrosive, bigoted intellectually sclerotic, self-referential, self absorbed pack of nit wits as reside in this little patch of Heaven.

If they're not comparing houses, they're comparing wives. The young attack the old. The poor attack the well heeled, the fat attack the less fat.

Jeezus. It's all about the length of one's farangledangle, here, isn't it.

Time was a while back when a bunch of 'em had bluddy websites going full blast . . . . . All to compare their tarts to another guys tarts. For a few years back there when the internet was nothing more a vomit inspiring boast-fest of numpty hooker conquests and braggadocio.

Really there, Juicebox? Didja actually come halfway around the world just to compare your life to mine ?

Why bother ?

Dude, I gotcha. Coming and going, I probably gotcha on every count.

But in that one important area . . . . . . in the end, the only one that counts, you probably got me.

It's boring and it's sick and it's irreparably human.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• Like 1

Why would I need a personality overhaul? Look at Steve Jobs and how successful he was and yet a complete dick personality wise? ! And guess what? He had a beautiful wife, kids and billions of dollars.

You need one because then you might actually have a girl stay with you because she - you know - liked you laugh.png

Frankly, it was your personality that was responsible for you being knocked back so much in the West.

I say this because I know a lot of less than aesthetically-perfect guys back in London who are with fantastic-looking wives and girlfriends.

You like to pretend your money compensates for the imagined limitations of your diminutive and folically challenged appearance but deep down inside, you weep each time a girl screws up her face and excuses herself the second you open your mouth.

Anyway, good luck, little man

• Like 2

You need one because then you might actually have a girl stay with you because she - you know - liked you laugh.png

Frankly, it was your personality that was responsible for you being knocked back so much in the West.

I say this because I know a lot of less than aesthetically-perfect guys back in London who are with fantastic-looking wives and girlfriends.

You like to pretend your money compensates for the imagined limitations of your diminutive and folically challenged appearance but deep down inside, you weep each time a girl screws up her face and excuses herself the second you open your mouth.

Anyway, good luck, little man

Perhaps you would know about that from experience eh......coffee1.gif

I must admit, after reading your topic this morning ... 3-girlfriends-at-once-life-is-good

I am so envious of your situation.

... coffee1.gif

The OP Baron von Munchausen is a pretty idiot who hasn't take in his medicine for long time.

But he is hansum guy if he managed to pick up 3 TH hookers SAME TIME and among them a doctor coyote dancer also cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I wub.png this genuine TROLL OP and cheesy.gif a lot.

Another happy hansum falang in LOS clap2.gif .