Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

From the Thailand Elite site. Looks like the programme is expanding. Not a chance it will finish now,

Mr. Pruet Boobphakam, President of Thailand Privilege Card Co.,Ltd welcomed Mr. Korn Dabbaransi, Former Deputy Prime Minister and representatives from Chinese Public and Private sectors at TPC Head Office to discuss on future coordination for expanding the market and promoting Thailand Elite Card in People's Republic of China.

It could hardly contract at this point. I never in my life thought I would want one and I have just applied. I assume I am not the only one that now finds this just simply too convenient although a bit on the high side price wise. Beats getting married. :)

• Like 2

Definitely cheaper than getting married!

I agree with you that this should have a ready market in China, for two reasons. First, Chinese have a harder time than Westerners in getting regular visas. Secondly, the "elite" visa will appeal to the vanity of some Chinese nouveaux riches.

• Like 1

I agree with you that this should have a ready market in China, for two reasons. First, Chinese have a harder time than Westerners in getting regular visas. Secondly, the "elite" visa will appeal to the vanity of some Chinese nouveaux riches.

I have to disagree the real rich don't deal with this sort of nonsense nor do they spend the amounts of time in Thailand to even notice this. You don't have the Chinese presidents nephew living in Pattaya wondering what his next move might be. This appeals to middle class foreigners (farang) looking to escape the winter or retire on the cheap if they don't meet other visa requirements.

• Like 2

I have to disagree the real rich don't deal with this sort of nonsense nor do they spend the amounts of time in Thailand to even notice this. You don't have the Chinese presidents nephew living in Pattaya wondering what his next move might be. This appeals to middle class foreigners (farang) looking to escape the winter or retire on the cheap if they don't meet other visa requirements.

Some of the newly rich, coming here frequently for long weekends, shopping trips, and to buy condos will go for it, I reckon. I am not talking about the genuine elite. There are a lot of Chinese that have made money, one way or another over the last couple of decades.

The biggest group of members comes from South Korea.

You may be surprised by the profile of some of the members. Some are seriously wealthy.

Not all members use the long term visa privilege. Some just come regularly to Bangkok for business (Hong Kong members are an example) and value the assistance at the airport. Frequent travelers who just don't want to queue at immigration and value their time certainly find the Thailand Elite assistance of great value.

Some, mostly Asians, joined the Thailand Elite program only for the golf privileges. Especially at the start of the program, it was more interesting to be a Thailand Elite member, and have access to some 30 golf courses, rather than to buy golf courses' memberships individually.

The cheaper Easy Access version of the membership is indeed appealing to farangs who want to stay in Thailand for long periods of time, but it also attracts new quality members who want to give it a try first, before to go for the full membership.

It would be misleading to think that this forum is a mirror of the real world. There are (hopefully) many more types of people visiting Thailand than only the middle (or lower) class farangs posting on tv.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I like the fact I can do an do my fishing in the Andaman Islands, Da Nang in Vietnam, the Burma Bank from Kawthaung and visit friends back in the UK, Kuala Lumpur and in the US, knowing I am free to come and go without having to think about having to mess around with re entry permits every time I want to go somewhere. I am 56, retired with excellent pensions and money in the bank so would easily qualify for a retirement extension. It's just the hassle, time and paper work I cannot be done with so would rather pay the money and not have to do it. Knowing that every time you re enter Thailand isn't going to be a drama and having someone meet me at the doors of the aircraft, whisk me through the airport and take care of immigration issues and getting a full 12 month stamp in my passport, each and every time is priceless. Having a car and driver waiting for me on my departure and arrival is also good as I don't have to arrange a Taxi either. Not hard I know but still another thing I don't have to organise. Just a phone call to the TE people of when I am leaving and arriving and it's all done.
For people that just want to retire and stay in Thailand for 12 months, then a retirement extension with only having to do your bit every 12 months and the 90 day report is probably the way to go but anyone that wants or needs to travel around a bit then the TE programme is the way forward for a hassle free existence!

Edited by Ronuk
  • Like 1

You may be surprised by the profile of some of the members. Some are seriously wealthy.

Not all members use the long term visa privilege. Some just come regularly to Bangkok for business (Hong Kong members are an example) and value the assistance at the airport. Frequent travelers who just don't want to queue at immigration and value their time certainly find the Thailand Elite assistance of great value.

Some, mostly Asians, joined the Thailand Elite program only for the golf privileges. Especially at the start of the program, it was more interesting to be a Thailand Elite member, and have access to some 30 golf courses, rather than to buy golf courses' memberships individually.

The cheaper Easy Access version of the membership is indeed appealing to farangs who want to stay in Thailand for long periods of time, but it also attracts new quality members who want to give it a try first, before to go for the full membership.

It would be misleading to think that this forum is a mirror of the real world. There are (hopefully) many more types of people visiting Thailand than only the middle (or lower) class farangs posting on tv.

Don't the really rich fly first class and get fast tracked anyway? I just can't see a billionaire from South Korea worrying if they are going to refuse him entry when he doesn't even go through immigration. Immigration comes out to the private Lear jet for him as he goes into his limo. People that are really rich don't need to enter the airport.
I fly First Class and I can tell you that the Thailand Elite welcome is way better than the airlines' assistance.

You are right that when someone flies in and out by private jet, the Thailand Elite assistance is less needed. The formalities are done from the Mjets lounge of Don Mueang.

If you enjoy that kind of treatment, then you really need a Thailand Elite membership when you have to fly from or to Suvarnabhumi (a Learjet does not go very far, so the owner of such a jet would still have to use airlines for long distances. G650 or 7x are better).

Anyway, what do you know of the lifestyle of the wealthy people?

What I can tell you is that for the wealthy, the price of the Thailand Elite membership is peanuts. And the service just great.

But the Thailand Elite membership is great for all types of people who like convenience. The wealthy, the businessmen, the retirees, the married ones, the younger ones who don't need to work, the oil industry workers, ... actually everyone with "a bit" of money to spend.

Farangs (on this forum) are very focused on the long term visa, but it is not only about that.

We agree the elite visa appeals primarily to middle class people. The Trumps of the world don't need it and the English teachers can't afford it. I am getting mine now but to say it will attract the truly wealthy is misguided. I actually would like the fast track service of for no other reason to live above my station temporarily.

Don't the really rich fly first class and get fast tracked anyway? I just can't see a billionaire from South Korea worrying if they are going to refuse him entry when he doesn't even go through immigration. Immigration comes out to the private Lear jet for him as he goes into his limo. People that are really rich don't need to enter the airport.
I fly First Class and I can tell you that the Thailand Elite welcome is way better than the airlines' assistance.

You are right that when someone flies in and out by private jet, the Thailand Elite assistance is less needed. The formalities are done from the Mjets lounge of Don Mueang.

If you enjoy that kind of treatment, then you really need a Thailand Elite membership when you have to fly from or to Suvarnabhumi (a Learjet does not go very far, so the owner of such a jet would still have to use airlines for long distances. G650 or 7x are better).

Anyway, what do you know of the lifestyle of the wealthy people?

What I can tell you is that for the wealthy, the price of the Thailand Elite membership is peanuts. And the service just great.

But the Thailand Elite membership is great for all types of people who like convenience. The wealthy, the businessmen, the retirees, the married ones, the younger ones who don't need to work, the oil industry workers, ... actually everyone with "a bit" of money to spend.

Farangs (on this forum) are very focused on the long term visa, but it is not only about that.

We agree the elite visa appeals primarily to middle class people. The Trumps of the world don't need it and the English teachers can't afford it. I am getting mine now but to say it will attract the truly wealthy is misguided. I actually would like the fast track service of for no other reason to live above my station temporarily.

You are right.

The Thailand Elite membership, and especially the visa, is a great option for the people who can afford it. Whichever background they come from.

My opinion is that the really wealthy ones should be offered a membership. A "platinum version" even better. This would be some kind of "thank you gift" from the country to those who come to spend the most in Thailand.

But, even if the visa is appealing mostly to the middle class (and upper middle class) farangs, don't underestimate the other groups.

Farangs are not the biggest group of members. The biggest group is the Asian group. Some great people in that group...

• 7 months later...

I have 2 questions regarding the visa benefits...

What exact type of Visa will I be granted by the Thai authorities, and more specifically if this grants me the right to declare residency in Thailand for that year (renewable 5 times) ?

Also if I can obtain the residency do I declare my overseas income and pay my taxes in Thailand.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by VinnieVeritas

8 hours ago, VinnieVeritas said:

I have 2 questions regarding the visa benefits...

What exact type of Visa will I be granted by the Thai authorities, and more specifically if this grants me the right to declare residency in Thailand for that year (renewable 5 times) ?

Also if I can obtain the residency do I declare my overseas income and pay my taxes in Thailand.

Thanks in advance!

You will be issued a multiple entry visa that allows unlimited 1 year entries valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

You don't get residency. You don't need to declare your income.

More info in this topic.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If I was not over 50 I would have gone for this visa as well.

I think many people will have to go for it in the future - as the range of visa types extends (and becomes more complex) in Thailand then the "easier" options available before will be very tightly controlled and some opportunities may disappear in effect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

I posted in this thread way back in 2014 (many pages back) when I first got my 5 year visa.

I haven't left Thailand at all in the last 4 years and in June I will go and get my final 1 year extension, it's working out pretty well from my point of view.

I do fully intend to stay for the entire 5 years without leaving the country at all and I might well buy a 20 year 'upgrade' for 1m Baht when my current visa  expires next summer.

Since you revived this thread, how about you squeeze the 6th year out of your five year visa by entering just before expiry, getting another 12 month permission of stay, and getting a multi reentry permit.

You'd get better value for the money. 500 divided by 5 is more than 500 divided by 6.

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Since you revived this thread, how about you squeeze the 6th year out of your five year visa by entering just before expiry, getting another 12 month permission of stay, and getting a multi reentry permit.

You'd get better value for the money. 500 divided by 5 is more than 500 divided by 6.

Maybe I will try that during the last year. I don't think it's been tested yet, if it has then I haven't read anything about it.

I don't think the 5 year easy access option has been around long enough for this to be tested at this point.

• Like 1

Maybe I will try that during the last year. I don't think it's been tested yet, if it has then I haven't read anything about it.

I don't think the 5 year easy access option has been around long enough for this to be tested at this point.
You just border hop shortly before the visa enter before date. Then ride that entry until it expires. If you need to leave, get a re-entry permit.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Im 24 from Portugal and i just got my 500k elite visa easy access 2 days ago... I was living in Thailand while study.. 2 ED Visa on the last years and finaly i just gave up from study and tried these one. I realy enjoy the idea of hassle free visa.

First impression was really good. After everything approved (take around 5 days) and scheduled (more 4 days) i went to Chaeng Watthana, there was a lady waiting for me, she just ask me for my passport and ask me to wait for few minutes... 30/40 minutes later i got my passport back with 5 year PE and she even did the 90 days report for me at the same time.

Now lets see what happen these 5 years.. :)

Edited by joni08
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, joni08 said:

Im 24 from Portugal and i just got my 500k elite visa easy access 2 days ago... I was living in Thailand while study.. 2 ED Visa on the last years and finaly i just gave up from study and tried these one. I realy enjoy the idea of hassle free visa.

First impression was really good. After everything approved (take around 5 days) and scheduled (more 4 days) i went to Chaeng Watthana, there was a lady waiting for me, she just ask me for my passport and ask me to wait for few minutes... 30/40 minutes later i got my passport back with 5 year PE and she even did the 90 days report for me at the same time.

Now lets see what happen these 5 years.. :)

This is the same experience I had 4 years ago.

All will be fine, many people have this visa and there are no issues with staying for years at a time if you want to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm about to get my Thai Elite visa soon. I am still not sure if I should go for the 5 year or 20 year version. I am still quite young (37 years), but I would like to get Thai residency in the future and for that I do believe a work permit is required, which is not possible in combination with a Thai Elite visa if I understand correctly. Since Thai Elite is categorised as a tourist visa.

So I might go for the 5-year option and, perhaps in the future, either start a business with my Thai GF or perhaps use a service like IGLU to get a work permit that could, hopefully, eventually help me get permanent residency. 

I'm hoping to finalise the payment in the coming 2 weeks and then receive my visa when I enter Thailand around the end of June.

• 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the TE Visa.

I asked immigration about this visa, actually, when I made my 90-day report last month, and they said that foreigners that want to get this type of visa now also have to prove that they have comprehensive health insurance (IPD + OPD)...which runs at about 50k/year.

Is this really being enforced right now? To the farangs who have this visa, have you been asked to provide documentation?

52 minutes ago, Kommissar123 said:

I asked immigration about this visa, actually, when I made my 90-day report last month, and they said that foreigners that want to get this type of visa now also have to prove that they have comprehensive health insurance (IPD + OPD)...which runs at about 50k/year.

Is this really being enforced right now? To the farangs who have this visa, have you been asked to provide documentation?

I would gladly pay 50,000 baht a year for good health insurance over there!  Being over 60 the rates are still OK from BUPA but going up a lot every year.  Last time I was on the elite website there was no mention of anything like insurance being required.  I suspect the wires got crossed a bit with that "new" visa they are offering that does require trips, money on deposit, insurance, etc.

5 hours ago, Kommissar123 said:

Ignore what immigration says about anything other than their own services. They are more often wrong than correct. There is no health insurance requirement. My guess is that the all too convincing official was vaguely remembering something he read about the new O-X visa, and managing to confuse that in his mind with the TE visa.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Ignore what immigration says about anything other than their own services. They are more often wrong than correct. There is no health insurance requirement. My guess is that the all too convincing official was vaguely remembering something he read about the new O-X visa, and managing to confuse that in his mind with the TE visa.

Most immigration appear to have zero idea how this visa works. They were even asking me about how much it cost and what I get for it.

They laughed when I once applied for a one year extension, thinking 90 days was the maximum. I explained how it worked to them. That shut them right up after a little checking. Probably junior officers with little experience, the senior officers soon straightened things out.

Of course I got my one year extension.

Edit: I have a very comprehensive health insurance plan by BUPA Global but I've never been asked about it.

Edited by ukrules