Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

^^^^^^

Alyx it's very much a personal decision. The Elite card was never something I considered because I had a WP and visa with my job a driver and lots of my friends were members of clubs and golf courses so there wasn't much of a benefit for myself.

The type of person the Elite Card is aimed at is independently wealthy people residing in Thailand or using Thailand as their base.

It's not aimed at Digital Nomads or other people who want to skirt around the law instead of setting up a company and doing things according to Thai Law.

Again this card provokes a lot of emotions and is of course a legacy of the Thaksin Regime. However Thailand will honour their promises regarding the card. I'm 100% on that.

"However Thailand will honour their promises regarding the card. I'm 100% on that." - one should NEVER be 100% sure of anything in Thailand. :)

It would be quite boring to read all the posts, therefore I have read the op and some posted on the last page

I don't know if I must be amused or shocked by the comments but obviously, some posters definitely do not know what they are talking about, passing judgment....hold on....can someone prejudiced can be a fair judge and...above all, what is there to judge?

It's all just internet banter, alyx. No one should take anything personally.

Honestly, to those who have bought the Elite Card, I truly wish them the best, and I hope the card is honoured for the duration.

I chose not to buy one, and due to popular theory, it's not because I can not afford one. I simply do not see the value, for me personally, in the card, and also the risk of it being honoured in the future concerns me.

Each to their own.

There are no nationality restrictions.

Which adds to the fact that foreign criminals will be buying them. Not to mention illegal workers here, which is what the whole crack down was supposed to clean up.

Just a short term revenue raising exercise by Thai authorities, which they may regret, and therefore cancel, in the future.

Why would an illegal worker buy it? He would still be working illegal.

The 30 day visa run crack down was an apparent way of stopping people living, and working in Thailand illegally.

So, now they can buy an Elite Card and do not have to leave the country for 5 years. Of course, they can still be caught working illegally, but wouldn't you be a little suspicious of a 25 year old buying an Elite Card?

One could be forgiven for thinking he is working here, illegally.

So, on one hand, they crack down on it, and at the same time, offer 5 year visas.

This is why I see a problem in the future, one that they will eventually have to address, and possibly revoke the scheme, but this is just me speculating.

Which adds to the fact that foreign criminals will be buying them. Not to mention illegal workers here, which is what the whole crack down was supposed to clean up.

Just a short term revenue raising exercise by Thai authorities, which they may regret, and therefore cancel, in the future.

The 30 day visa run crack down was an apparent way of stopping people living, and working in Thailand illegally.

So, now they can buy an Elite Card and do not have to leave the country for 5 years. Of course, they can still be caught working illegally, but wouldn't you be a little suspicious of a 25 year old buying an Elite Card?

So, on one hand, they crack down on it, and at the same time, offer 5 year visas.

This is why I see a problem in the future, one that they will eventually have to address, and possibly revoke the scheme, but this is just me speculating.

A retiree can be caught working illegally.

An ED visa holder can be caught working illegally.

A visa exempted can be caught working illegally.

A tourist visa holder can be caught illegally.

An overstayer can be caught working illegally.

A Thailand Elite member can be caught working illegally...

The difference, while it is of course not legal, is that the Thailand Elite illegal worker at least contributed to the society with 500,000 to 2 million Baht.

Now, the Thailand Elite card is certainly not a product suitable for those who need to work...

You're boring with your speculations.

Do you ever see the bright side of life?

At least I do :)

• Like 2

@ gerry1011

I do see the bright side of life. The glass is half full for me.

I just don't get pushed by the Thai authorities into a BS money making scheme and don't trust the instability here.

You are happy with your purchase, good for you, but why pedal it on this forum like it's here to rescue everyone from despair?

You sound like a con man running a ponzi scheme. smile.png

• Like 1

"On one hand you have the people who can afford the card and on the other the people that can't." - and then there are the people who can afford the card who do not see the value in the card, and the weigh up the risk it will be canceled.

I'm sure there is a cancellation clause in the contract and what the subsequent conditions would be.

3) Termination due to government policies

In case there is any order, rule, regulation or law announced by any related government authority which has an impact on the business

operation of the Company to the effect that the Company is unable to continue its business or perform its operation as usual, the Company

shall be entitled to terminate the Membership by giving an advance written notice to the Member

Rights and duties after termination

It is understood as follows:

(a) In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (1) or (2) above, the Membership hereunder shall immediately become invalid whereupon

the Member’s right to the Privileges hereunder shall be ceased and the Membership Fee shall also be forfeited to the Company.

(b)In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (3) above, the Membership hereunder shall immediately become invalid whereupon

the Company shall refund the remaining Membership Fee to the Member, within thirty (30) days after the Card has been returned

to the Company.

(i) The Penalty Charge and/or outstanding fees if any.

(ii) The costs of Privileges which have been used by the Member during the validity of Membership.

If they revoke the scheme no problem. You have a 5 year stamp in your passport for 500k. If you are here for spending money why should they cancel it. The only no no is to work illegally in Thailand.

They wouldn't dare really to screw off those High nett individuals and the visas have always been valid and passed the Thaksin years, two coups,one Abhisit government and soon the Interim government.

Farangs with money have never been really denied access to Thailand.

• Like 1

"On one hand you have the people who can afford the card and on the other the people that can't." - and then there are the people who can afford the card who do not see the value in the card, and the weigh up the risk it will be canceled.

I'm sure there is a cancellation clause in the contract and what the subsequent conditions would be.

The Yingluck Government must not have had a very good "cancelation clause" then. cheesy.gif

Here one day, gone the next. That's Thailand. :)

In case there is any order, rule, regulation or law announced by any related government authority which has an impact on the business

operation of the Company to the effect that the Company is unable to continue its business or perform its operation as usual, the Company

shall be entitled to terminate the Membership by giving an advance written notice to the Member

(a) In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (1) or (2) above, the Membership hereunder shall immediately become invalid whereupon

the Member’s right to the Privileges hereunder shall be ceased and the Membership Fee shall also be forfeited to the Company.

(b)In case of the termination pursuant to Clause 2.4 (3) above, the Membership hereunder shall immediately become invalid whereupon

the Company shall refund the remaining Membership Fee to the Member, within thirty (30) days after the Card has been returned

to the Company.

(ii) The costs of Privileges which have been used by the Member during the validity of Membership.

Sounds like a safe investment. cheesy.gif

@ gerry1011

I do see the bright side of life. The glass is half full for me.

I just don't get pushed by the Thai authorities into a BS money making scheme and don't trust the instability here.

You are happy with your purchase, good for you, but why pedal it on this forum like it's here to rescue everyone from despair?

You sound like a con man running a ponzi scheme. smile.png

And why constantly "pedal" the contrary on this forum?

Never heard that expression, but thanks for teaching :)

The same critics are "pedaled" on this forum since over 10 years (!)... while the members of the Thailand Elite program are still enjoying their great visa privileges and superb service.

But keep "pedaling" that Thailand Elite is ( put whatever you want between these brackets ) , it makes readers of this forum better informed about the advantages of the program each and every time :)

For the first few months this topic was very informative but now a certain few have started this negativity towards this scheme if it's not for you don't post if you want banter as some put it goto a forum that is more suited to you and your bar stool chat and stop having a go at people who are trying to help others out ..

to the Company.

Seems normal to me.

• Like 1

For the first few months this topic was very informative but now a certain few have started this negativity towards this scheme if it's not for you don't post if you want banter as some put it goto a forum that is more suited to you and your bar stool chat and stop having a go at people who are trying to help others out ..

Some people are glass half full types others half empty. Others don't even bother to fill a glass.

to the Company.

They talk about cancelling the membership card which is needed when using the benefits, pretty much any contract will have a termination clause.

There's never been any mention of cancelling issued visas.

The incessant worriers out there who fear cancellation would only really need to worry about this possibility if they go for the 20 year membership.

If you sign up for the Easy Access membership you get the visa the day you join, this visa remains valid for the full 5 years regardless of what happens to the membership card and the benefits it provides.

• Like 1

Being under 50 I'm considering joining the Thai Elite 500k card when my current extension of stay runs out in the New Year.

I can only really see the visa itself being of any use to me though, I usually fly in and out with Emirates which gives complimentary chauffeur service and fast track for business class anyway.

Does the elite fast track differ in anyway from what you get with business and first class, other than being met at the plane? and do they have the golf buggy service in Swampy?

The convenience of the Thailand Elite PE visa is priceless.

The assistance at the airport too.

Even if you already fly First Class and have a good service from Emirates, you will quickly switch to the Thailand Elite service.

It is even quicker, they meet you at the plane, you find yourself on a Thailand Elite "golf style" cart before anyone else, clear immigration before the other First Class passengers, and on to your (already waiting) car. Priceless :)

The only bad point is that I think the members who chose the Easy Access card don't get a BMW transfer. It is a Camry. Not sure what type of car Emirates offers.

But just test it and you will see by yourself :)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gerry, two little remarks ( not trying nor intending to make fun of you )

Considering the kind of car(s?) you seem to like/own I would definitely switch from HTC ( your phone ) to the few hundred thousands baht ( for the basic ) Vertu unless, of course you already have some of them ( as most of us do...not the Vertu )

Saying one would switch from the first class Emirates service to the Elite service is a strange assertion. Personally, I wouldn't. Business maybe but first, definitely not ( mind you, I can't afford the first so would have to settle for lesser service )

As for the question posted by Franck I would say that the service is better when it comes to compare business and Elite

First class, I wouldn't switch

What is priceless, is that Elite will answer any questions you have regarding your departure/arrival as they have a concierge able to enquire about a lot of matters

Edited by alyx

As I read the fine print, I think I see that you still must leave the country once a year or do some more paperwork once a year. The details are elusive.

As I read the fine print, I think I see that you still must leave the country once a year or do some more paperwork once a year. The details are elusive.

The details are well defined and very clear although some of them are in the book they mail to you after you join the scheme :

1 - You must do 90 day reports like everyone else on long term visas

2 - I you haven't left the country by the time your one year stamp runs out you pop along to your local immigration office and get a 1,900 Baht 'extension of stay' which will give you another one year 'stamp'

Apart from the above two requirements you don't have to do anything else.

@kangnamsomething:

The fact you are spending so much time arguing against a dozen people knowing obviously more than you on a topic,

The way you have to repeat the same unlogical things on and on, despite having people losing their time by patiently explaining to you why and how you're wrong,

The way you have to make fun of people that disagrees with you,

Your over use of idiotic smileys,

..compels me to ask you:

are you a kid or something?

Edited by Frank78
  • Like 1

Being under 50 I'm considering joining the Thai Elite 500k card when my current extension of stay runs out in the New Year.

I can only really see the visa itself being of any use to me though, I usually fly in and out with Emirates which gives complimentary chauffeur service and fast track for business class anyway.

Does the elite fast track differ in anyway from what you get with business and first class, other than being met at the plane? and do they have the golf buggy service in Swampy?

Even if you already fly First Class and have a good service from Emirates, you will quickly switch to the Thailand Elite service.

It is even quicker, they meet you at the plane, you find yourself on a Thailand Elite "golf style" cart before anyone else, clear immigration before the other First Class passengers, and on to your (already waiting) car. Priceless :)

The only bad point is that I think the members who chose the Easy Access card don't get a BMW transfer. It is a Camry. Not sure what type of car Emirates offers.

Considering the kind of car(s?) you seem to like/own I would definitely switch from HTC ( your phone ) to the few hundred thousands baht ( for the basic ) Vertu unless, of course you already have some of them ( as most of us do...not the Vertu )

Saying one would switch from the first class Emirates service to the Elite service is a strange assertion. Personally, I wouldn't. Business maybe but first, definitely not ( mind you, I can't afford the first so would have to settle for lesser service )

Thanks for the advices concerning the phones. I will look into it.

I just see that my HTC adds a mention to my posts, while my iPhone does not. I wonder about the Vertu... :)

Concerning the Thailand Elite service at the airport, compared to the airlines' First Class service, and as I said, the member can make his own decision after experiencing both services.

For me, there is no doubt that the Thailand Elite service is way better.

But I fly Thai (First Class), not Emirates.

The attached photo is not very good but I thought I would add it (the Thailand Elite staff opening the door of the limo when arriving at Suvarnabhumi).

post-12654-14083221300033_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011

The details are well defined and very clear although some of them are in the book they mail to you after you join the scheme :

2 - I you haven't left the country by the time your one year stamp runs out you pop along to your local immigration office and get a 1,900 Baht 'extension of stay' which will give you another one year 'stamp'

1-) Thai Elite says they can handle the 90 day report for member. No trips to Imm, photos, letters, signing every page nonsense.

1-) Thai Elite says they can handle the 90 day report for member. No trips to Imm, photos, letters, signing every page nonsense.

This is true if you live in Bangkok.

Here in Hua Hin I need to drive to the local immigration office and file the form myself, it takes about 10 minutes once I get there as the place is usually very quiet mid to late afternoon.

Edited by ukrules

I would be happily paying 10 k per month, but honestly 500 k upfront is steep.

I also think that there should be an option offered by immigration, to get a tourist visa for 10.000 a month (first 30 days free), without any special privileges.

The revenues for the country would be roughly the same, and it would make the life of many people easier (but, at the end, not cheaper).

Thailand Elite would be reserved for those who want more comfort.

I would like Asean to take over the rules on visas for its'member countries, so that anyone from outside Asean would have one set of rules for visas, much like the 22 countries in the Shengen Acquis, operated by the EU. If you want to visit Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland and Germany on one tour of Europe, you need only one Shengen visa. Too logical for Asia maybe? I wonder if ASEAN is open to lobbying?

Thanks for the advices concerning the phones. I will look into it.

I just see that my HTC adds a mention to my posts, while my iPhone does not. I wonder about the Vertu... :)

Concerning the Thailand Elite service at the airport, compared to the airlines' First Class service, and as I said, the member can make his own decision after experiencing both services.

For me, there is no doubt that the Thailand Elite service is way better.

But I fly Thai (First Class), not Emirates.

The attached photo is not very good but I thought I would add it (the Thailand Elite staff opening the door of the limo when arriving at Suvarnabhumi).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1408322107.635859.jpg

Not sure about HTC but it should be the same as for Mac: you need to go to settings and change the mention "send from"

When you are saying "limo": I am under the impression that they are using Toyota or something like that, don't they?