Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

And if you are in the habit of leaving before 90 days you never have to do a 90 day report?

No, of course not.

If you leave before 90 days, each time you come back you receive a new 1 year stamp (which in this case is not of a lot of use, of course)

As on the picture I attach...

post-12654-1425798548479_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And if you are in the habit of leaving before 90 days you never have to do a 90 day report?

Yes thats correct. The good thing about the PE visa is its multi entry so you can come and go as you please. As Gerry said one year stamp as your arrive everytime. Edited by bim

Ok, thanks, meaning that one can leave one's passport any of the working days and will pick it up the next Thursday or the following.

Yes, of course.

I meant you leave your passport at the office on Tuesday, in the case you don't feel good staying without your passport for a longer period. But you can leave it any other day (except Sunday I guess).

Understood, thanks for the clarification

• 4 weeks later...

I recently obtained my Easy Entry "PE" visa. When it was initially issued I got a one year stamp, but in the two times I've been through immigration since then I received only 90 day stamps - this is at CNX airport immigration. I travel frequently enough that it's not been a concern, however if I get 90 days again next time I'm going to enquire why I'm not getting 1 year stamps.

I recently obtained my Easy Entry "PE" visa. When it was initially issued I got a one year stamp, but in the two times I've been through immigration since then I received only 90 day stamps - this is at CNX airport immigration. I travel frequently enough that it's not been a concern, however if I get 90 days again next time I'm going to enquire why I'm not getting 1 year stamps.

Maybe point out to imigration next time and tell them to phone TE to confirm. It is supposed to be one year stamp.

That must be a mistake from the officer.

In the past, there was the SE (Thailand Elite Special Entry) visa.

This visa was green.

With the SE visa you had a 90 stamps.

Some members still have these kinds of SE visa (those who did not want to switch to PE).

Now, the PE (Privilege Entry) visa is gold, as the one you must have in your passport.

This PE visa should be stamped 1 year.

I think it would help everyone if you send an email to Thailand Elite to inform them.

They will surely promptly contact the immigration in CM.

By the way, did you go through immigration in CM by yourself? Or with the Thailand Elite staff?

post-12654-14277961909168_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14277962016948_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think it would help everyone if you send an email to Thailand Elite to inform them.

Yesterday took my originals to Thailand Elite office and mentioned about this to the lady there too. She said she will talk with goverment contact people as this should not happen.

So yea, soon I should also join the club. Took lot longer than expected due unexpected real life stuff but finally have all sorted out. In this last few weeks I also been pondering this lot and I still think this is best way to go if you want to stay longer in Thailand.

This visa was green.

Some members still have these kinds of SE visa (those who did not want to switch to PE).

Now, the PE (Privilege Entry) visa is gold, as the one you must have in your passport.

By the way, did you go through immigration in CM by yourself? Or with the Thailand Elite staff?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1427796189.307242.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1427796200.627706.jpg

I still have the 5 year Green SE Visa (I was not given the option to change to the Gold PE). I get a 90 day stamp on arrival in country.

This has never been an issue as I never stay here longer than 90 days.

However, should I wish to stay longer than 90 days would I get re-stamped at Chaeng Wattana for another 90 days ?

Having been a Thai Elite Member for 8 years I should know already and / or confirm with them (which I'm going to do). However, as this thread is running the info could be useful to other readers

This visa was green.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1427796189.307242.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1427796200.627706.jpg

I still have the 5 year Green SE Visa (I was not given the option to change to the Gold PE). I get a 90 day stamp on arrival in country.

However, should I wish to stay longer than 90 days would I get re-stamped at Chaeng Wattana for another 90 days ?

Having been a Thai Elite Member for 8 years I should know already and / or confirm with them (which I'm going to do). However, as this thread is running the info could be useful to other readers

With the SE visa, you can in fact stay as long as you wish in Thailand, without leaving the country. But every 90 days you indeed need to get a new stamp.

While the PE visa holders must make the 90 day report, as everyone else, those with the SE visa must recieve a new stamp (at a cost of 1900b if I don't make a mistake). That is the difference.

If you are interested to switch to the new (2 million) full membership and get a PE visa instead of the SE, maybe you should drop by the Thailand Elite office and ask about it. Original members were offered to switch to the new membership for free at the time it came out.

Edited by gerry1011

This visa was green.

With the SE visa, you can in fact stay as long as you wish in Thailand, without leaving the country. But every 90 days you indeed need to get a new stamp.

While the PE visa holders must make the 90 day report, as everyone else, those with the SE visa must recieve a new stamp (at a cost of 1900b if I don't make a mistake). That is the difference.

If you are interested to switch to the new (2 million) full membership and get a PE visa instead of the SE, maybe you should drop by the Thailand Elite office and ask about it. Original members were offered to switch to the new membership for free at the time it came out.

The switch to 20 year PE membership wouldn't interest me. I have the lifetime SE membership which is not worth limiting for my age. I purchased Thai Elite at 32 years old, thus the lifetime perks were the major attraction (and I wasn't married at the time, now I have no interest in the hassle of making a yearly type o visa application).

TE replied to my query: I have to apply for extension of stay each 90 days. i.e. Get a new stamp for 90 days at 1900 Baht.

The switch to 20 year PE membership wouldn't interest me. I have the lifetime SE membership which is not worth limiting for my age. I purchased Thai Elite at 32 years old, thus the lifetime perks were the major attraction (and I wasn't married at the time, now I have no interest in the hassle of making a yearly type o visa application).

TE replied to my query: I have to apply for extension of stay each 90 days. i.e. Get a new stamp for 90 days at 1900 Baht.

Indeed, if you did not like the option of switching to the new (20years) membership, then you can't switch to the PE visa.

If the lifetime membership is important to you, then you made the good choice.

Just to let every original members know, if one switch to the new membership, the 20 years of the new membership start when you switch to it. The number of years spent under the original membership are not deducted.

In my case, I stayed 11 years under the SE visa, with the original membership, then switched to the new membership and later on (when I changed my passport) switched to the PE visa.

So, as an original member, and if I don't pass away before, at the end of my membership I will have enjoyed more than 30 years of trouble less long stays in Thailand... for only a million (the price of the original offer). Not bad I think smile.png

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped excess quotes only 4 can be done
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's a worrying article from the Thai news site posttoday.com about the failure of the Elite card to take off and make profit and the possibility of it being cancelled and compensation to be given to card holders. It seems that the company (and I might be wrong about this as the article is in Thai and my translation skills aren't amazing) need to come up with a new plan in the next few months.

As I say the article is in Thai and I'm not trying to scare-monger, but here it is.

http://www.posttoday.com/ธุรกิจ-ตลา/เศรษฐกิจภาครัฐ/367508/หนุนรัฐบาลใช้ม-44ล้มโครงการ-อีลิท-การ์ด

There's a worrying article from the Thai news site posttoday.com about the failure of the Elite card to take off and make profit and the possibility of it being cancelled and compensation to be given to card holders. It seems that the company (and I might be wrong about this as the article is in Thai and my translation skills aren't amazing) need to come up with a new plan in the next few months.

As I say the article is in Thai and I'm not trying to scare-monger, but here it is.

http://www.posttoday.com/ธุรกิจ-ตลา/เศรษฐกิจภาครัฐ/367508/หนุนรัฐบาลใช้ม-44ล้มโครงการ-อีลิท-การ์ด

Without a proper translation to English it does appear to be scaremongering..

The article appears to be an opinion more so than news. The link only goes to the first page and you have to look for the article.

Anybody that has the visa would not have a problem until the visa expires.

• Like 1

Not sure why the link didn't work. Post-To-Day has a weird link system. This one should work, needs to be copied and pasted.

www.posttoday.com/ธุรกิจ-ตลาด/เศรษฐกิจภาครัฐ/367508/หนุนรัฐบาลใช้ม-44ล้มโครงการ-อีลิท-การ์ด

I have to say the article doesn't read like an opinion piece to me, it reads like a report on the current government's concerns over the program. But like I say, my Thai can be a little rusty at times, what makes you think it's opinion piece rather than a report..?

500K is not alot.... 100K per year. 25K every 3 months. but there are better ways to spend it... might aswell use 25K every 3 months and travel somewhere and pay as you go. Rather than pay for something that may not be valid any more in a few months. Thai Visa rules change all the time. Even for Visas already issued. Case and point the 1 year education visa which was scaled back for many to 6 months.

Commentary would of been a better word than opinion.

I looked in the papers sister news paper in English but found nothing.

Yeah, I've not found anything on any other news sites either- and nothing through google. So I hope it comes to nothing, I think it's a good program and decent option for people wanting to stay here, and the actual service the company gives seems to be very competent.

500K is not alot.... 100K per year. 25K every 3 months. but there are better ways to spend it... might aswell use 25K every 3 months and travel somewhere and pay as you go. Rather than pay for something that may not be valid any more in a few months. Thai Visa rules change all the time. Even for Visas already issued. Case and point the 1 year education visa which was scaled back for many to 6 months.

A real visa would not be cancelled.

The one year ed visa never existed unless it was a multiple entry non-ed issued by a embassy or consulate. It was getting extensions every 90 days for a year after entering on a single entry non-ed visa.

• Like 2

There never ,ever , was a "one year" Education visa !

You guys are clearly misinformed.... or trying to play on words with 1 year visa because some visas require 90 day extensions.....

>>> "The one year ed visa never existed unless it was a multiple entry non-ed issued by a embassy or consulate"

it never existed unless it was issued... 555+

I had a one year ED Visa before... you have to do 90 day reporting like most other visas.... and in the first 3 months show up to immigration a couple times... first to show that you started your education, then to show that you have been attending..... then they stamp your ED Visa to be valid until the 1 year from entry, which in my case was about 9 months... No "extensions". Just 90 Day Reporting.

I suppose if you attended a sketchy school then they make you report more often. :) Or maybe if you're Kiwi they want you to learn English first ;)

You guys are clearly misinformed.... or trying to play on words with 1 year visa because some visas require 90 day extensions.....

>>> "The one year ed visa never existed unless it was a multiple entry non-ed issued by a embassy or consulate"

it never existed unless it was issued... 555+

I had a one year ED Visa before... you have to do 90 day reporting like most other visas.... and in the first 3 months show up to immigration a couple times... first to show that you started your education, then to show that you have been attending..... then they stamp your ED Visa to be valid until the 1 year from entry, which in my case was about 9 months... No "extensions". Just 90 Day Reporting.

There is no ED visa that will give you a one year permit to stay on entry. Only a 90 day entry is possible.

You got a one year extension of stay at immigration. Visas are not extended.

• Like 1

(.....)

(...)

What you were doing is applying for a 1 year extension of stay. The visa itself didn't permit you to stay for 1 year without leaving Thailand.

Now you will get only an extension for 90 days, unless you study at a university or such.

Not sure why the link didn't work. Post-To-Day has a weird link system. This one should work, needs to be copied and pasted.

www.posttoday.com/ธุรกิจ-ตลาด/เศรษฐกิจภาครัฐ/367508/หนุนรัฐบาลใช้ม-44ล้มโครงการ-อีลิท-การ์ด

I have to say the article doesn't read like an opinion piece to me, it reads like a report on the current government's concerns over the program. But like I say, my Thai can be a little rusty at times, what makes you think it's opinion piece rather than a report..?

In summary, the article says that ATTA would support any government plans to stop this card since it hasn't paid its way since it was set up 10 years ago. Better, they say, to pay people out now than to carry on racking up losses.

The Minister of Tourism & Sport, Ms. Gopganot Wattanawarangun said the Ministry is currently discussing whether to do something about the program as part of a reform of the tourism sector.

"The Ministry has its thoughts about whether to continue or cancel the program. But if it is to be cancelled, it must be done in a way that does not harm Thailand's image, or have an impact on card-holders. The Elite card is an issue that must be addressed, but it is not as urgent a problem as developing the tourist sector."

The matter will be handed to the new director of the Thai Tourist Authority, who will be appointed in 1-2 months' time.

Oddly enough, the article says that ATTA suggests using Article 44 of the interim Thai constitution (the catch-all, do-anything-we-want-to-anyone) clause to shut the program down.

• Like 1

In summary, the article says that ATTA would support any government plans to stop this card since it hasn't paid its way since it was set up 10 years ago. Better, they say, to pay people out now than to carry on racking up losses.

The Minister of Tourism & Sport, Ms. Gopganot Wattanawarangun said the Ministry is currently discussing whether to do something about the program as part of a reform of the tourism sector.

"The Ministry has its thoughts about whether to continue or cancel the program. But if it is to be cancelled, it must be done in a way that does not harm Thailand's image, or have an impact on card-holders. The Elite card is an issue that must be addressed, but it is not as urgent a problem as developing the tourist sector."

The matter will be handed to the new director of the Thai Tourist Authority, who will be appointed in 1-2 months' time.

Oddly enough, the article says that ATTA suggests using Article 44 of the interim Thai constitution (the catch-all, do-anything-we-want-to-anyone) clause to shut the program down.

Cheers Rick, that's much appreciated and massively clarifies the article.

I have the original "SE" lifetime visa which requires me to extend every 90 days at Changewattana. Years ago this used to be ok as the extension was processed at the diplomat section so you would be in and out in 30 minutes to 1 hour. Some time ago they expanded the processing section to include student Visa's and now it take a whole day of waiting to get your extension which is a real drag.

Has anyone used the elite service to do the extension of stay for you? And if so what is the process. ( I know they can do the 90 day residence report but I am interested in the extension of stay report)

Also any news on the 5 year driver license?.

i went to the immigration last week to do my extension on the 90 day. The best way if you want to go by yourself is when at the ticket collection counter ask for N2 for elite as this is the correct desk. Sometimes they dont know and give N1 which is fine but takes alot longer

N2 isnt quick either anymore as its also used for bulk diplomat prcessing but the officialls are all extremely helpful and once you at the desk 10mins later you are finished at another desk where your passport is signed and completed

• Like 1

Cheers Rick, that's much appreciated and massively clarifies the article.

It's going to take a fancy compensation scheme to cancel lifetime members, is it not? The only certainty is that nothing in Thailand is for life. I suppose they could just stop renewing the cards and not issue any new ones. Existing members could continue and until expiry. Shame really, but TAT seems to not have come up with any alternative, and now they seem to be focussed on the quality chinese tourists.

I think its a BS article. Looking at the bigger picture whether TE makes a profit or breaks even it brings high spending people into Thailand that benefits the wider economy. I and many other TE members are testiment to that. It should be expanded and advertised at every Thai consulate throughout the world.

Looking at the bigger picture whether TE makes a profit or breaks even it brings high spending people into Thailand that benefits the wider economy.

True enough, but that doesn't show up on a profit and loss statement and so is probably too nebulous a concept for Thai bureaucrats to appreciate.