Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

@ themechanic

So, they issue a new law, revoking the Elite Card 5 year visa, just like they issued new laws of blacklisting people for 5 years, 10 years etc for oversatying.

They can do what they want. You may get a refund, 10 years from now.

Since when did you EVER think you had any rights here. You certainly do not have rights just because you paid 500k baht for an Elite Card.

I wouldn't trust the Thai authorities, in the same way I wouldn't trust a bar girl.

@ themechanic

So, they issue a new law, revoking the Elite Card 5 year visa, just like they issued new laws of blacklisting people for 5 years, 10 years etc for oversatying.

Since when did you EVER think you had any rights here. You certainly do not have rights just because you paid 500k baht for an Elite Card.

I wouldn't trust the Thai authorities, in the same way I wouldn't trust a bar girl.

No, really, can't you go on the other thread specialized in elite card bashing? This one went nicely for monthes until you called all people buying it "stupids". Not joking.

You should go to protest against that by yourself if you believe it´s so wrong.

I couldn't care less. I'm here for the sun, sea, sand and good times.

I can leave Thailand tomorrow, by choice, or by not being granted a visa, and it's absolutely no problem to me.

Many great places in South East Asia to spend a couple of months and then come back.

I often question those that are in such a panic to stay here, if they have actually been anywhere else in South East Asia.

Edited by NamKangMan

@ themechanic

I think you are not a logical person. Once again you mix some people breaking the law by overstaying with the clients of a very official program started by the thai government.

I never met any bar girls but I wouldn't stay in a country where I am afraid of the government.

Edited by Frank78

@ themechanic

No, really, can't you go on the other thread specialized in elite card bashing? This one went nicely for monthes until you called all people buying it "stupids". Not joking.

Didn't you say you haven't bought one?

I can leave Thailand tomorrow, by choice, or by not being granted a visa, and it's absolutely no problem to me.

Many great places in South East Asia to spend a couple of months and then come back.

I often question those that are in such a panic to stay here, if they have actually been anywhere else in South East Asia.

I hope you're not talking about me because I don't panic, I don't own this card and I am here totally by choice. Oh and I visited malaisia, vietnam, cambodia and also lived in japan for a long time. But you know there is some people around wanting to stay here without any need to play the backpackers. And this card is the only good legal way to stay for a fair price.

@ themechanic

I think you are not a logical person. Once again you mix some people breaking the law by overstaying with the clients of a very official program started by the thai government.

I never met any bar girls but I wouldn't stay in a country where I am afraid of the government.

Once again, there is no "Government" here. There was a military coup. Google it.

After elections, there will be some form of Governmnet, and they may see fit to change certain aspects of the Elite Card, possibly into something quite different to what you had originally purchased.

TIT (This Is Thailand) - never say never.

Edited by NamKangMan

@ themechanic

Indeed I don't own one, I don't need one right now, may be someday I will buy 1 or 2 of them. I think it´s a great idea.

@ themechanic

Once again, there is no "Government" here. There was a military coup. Google it.

After elections, there will be some form of Governmnet, and they may see fit to change certain aspects of the Elite Card, possibly into something quite different to what you had originally purchased.

I can't believe you've went through the hundreds of messages of this thread since 3 monthes, read a dozen people saying the same thing you've just did and yet, said to yourself "Damn, those people are dying to hear the exact same thing from me!" Oh I know why. Cause they are "stupid" aren't they?

I hope you're not talking about me because I don't panic, I don't own this card and I am here totally by choice. Oh and I visited malaisia, vietnam, cambodia and also lived in japan for a long time. But you know there is some people around wanting to stay here without any need to play the backpackers. And this card is the only good legal way to stay for a fair price.

"And this card is the only good legal way to stay for a fair price." - and don't you think that's all of a sudden become quite convenient, and at 500k baht? :)

some people like to settle down in one place and be able to have a place that feels like home and not live from a hotel room all year round. the card is ideal in this case

Amazing that you have such faith in this card, as you do in settling down in one place that feels like home.

It's a piece of plastic.

@ themechanic

What if this "form of governmnet" decided to ban tourism? To turn blue colour into black, to forbid beef meat and to have all people dressed with chicken costumes?

Wow... You're right, wee need to think about all those infinite possibilities. Thanks.

• Like 1

@ themechanic

Indeed I don't own one, I don't need one right now, may be someday I will buy 1 or 2 of them. I think it´s a great idea.

They will not be around by then. biggrin.png

What does overstaying and the "revocation" of visa runs have to do with this?

And I think it's still a good deal/risk for $15k, no other country will give you instant residency for a comparable sum, which is what this practically is and Thailand is so much fun. Nowhere in Europe can you get residency for less than $300k. Even South American countries charge at least $100k.

NamKangMan seems to be very bitter and prejudiced about this for some reason so it's no use having a conversation with you if you've already made up your mind.

Edited by themechanic

"And this card is the only good legal way to stay for a fair price." - and don't you think that's all of a sudden become quite convenient, and at 500k baht? :)

So you really think governments just suddenly decide to give away freebies to people? Of course the recent crackdowns (ed and visa runs) are somehow linked with the card appearing again but THAT'S WHY it´s a good thing. It appears to be reliable not despite of those (so called) crackdowns but BECAUSE of them.

@ themechanic

What if this "form of governmnet" decided to ban tourism? To turn blue colour into black, to forbid beef meat and to have all people dressed with chicken costumes?

Wow... You're right, wee need to think about all those infinite possibilities. Thanks.

No need to be so dramatic, Frank.

How about the headline in the future, "Thai Elite Cards being used by foreign criminals to remain in Thailand and launder money etc etc. Thailand must recall all thai Elite Cards."

Of course, that's not possible, is it, Frank?

Many other scenarios possible.

How about, "Thai Elite Card being used by terrorist to make Thailand their base. Thailand will recall all Thai Elite Cards."

Of course, not possible, either, Frank.

@ themechanic

How about the headline in the future, "Thai Elite Cards being used by foreign criminals to remain in Thailand and launder money etc etc. Thailand must recall all thai Elite Cards."

How about, "Thai Elite Card being used by terrorist to make Thailand their base. Thailand will recall all Thai Elite Cards."

Yeah because criminals are all waiting for the thai elite visa card to be able come here. Because they need to stay one year for their criminal activities. Because mob don't have any money to put into a regular business and obtain legal, and more discreet visas. They just wants to be among 1000 other people well known by the thai government, with no possibility of work permit...

OMG are you for real or just trolling with a random sentences generator?

• Like 1

@ Frank78

I'll say it louder for you, THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT in control of Thailand at the moment.

Do you understand that?

There is a government, only not elected. And there is a good chance the next governement will have the same military staff, we already know now, in it. Are you able to compute that?

@ Frank78

I'll say it louder for you, THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT in control of Thailand at the moment.

Do you understand that?

There is a government, only not elected. And there is a good chance the next governement will have the same military staff, we already know now, in it. Are you able to compute that?

Are you seriously suggesting Thailand will have a military dictatorship Governing the country, for the long, long, long, forseeable future?

WOW - the SET will drop. biggrin.png

@ Frank78

Do you understand that?

Are you seriously suggesting Thailand will have a military dictatorship Governing the country, for the long, long, long, forseeable future?

You're just a troll. You should just have apologized for insulting people here and restrain yourself to write... Well to write pretty much everything you wrote.

@ themechanic

Yeah because criminals are all waiting for the thai elite visa card to be able come here. Because they need to stay one year for their criminal activities. Because mob don't have any money to put into a regular business and obtain legal, and more discreet visas. They just wants to be among 1000 other people well known by the thai government, with no possibility of work permit...

OMG are you for real or just trolling with a random sentences generator?

"Yeah because criminals are all waiting for the thai elite visa card to be able come here." - they are already here. The Elite Card just allows them to stay here.

@ Frank78

Do you understand that?

You're just a troll. You should just have apologized for insulting people here and restrain yourself to write... Well to write pretty much everything you wrote.

I haven't insulted anyone.

For some reason, you seemed to take offence, and you don't even own an Elite Card.

@ Frank78

Do you understand that?

I haven't insulted anyone.

For some reason, you seemed to take offence, and you don't even own an Elite Card.

NamKangMan wrote: "Correct. Not a criminal, and not stupid. :) "

Of course not. You've just stated people buying this card are either criminals or stupid people.

I don't need to belong to a group to be offended by someone using derogative words against it. plus, I wrote in this thread since day one.

What does overstaying and the "revocation" of visa runs have to do with this?

And I think it's still a good deal/risk for $15k, no other country will give you instant residency for a comparable sum, which is what this practically is and Thailand is so much fun. Nowhere in Europe can you get residency for less than $300k. Even South American countries charge at least $100k.

NamKangMan seems to be very bitter and prejudiced about this for some reason so it's no use having a conversation with you if you've already made up your mind.

It's not residency - its somewhere between a waiver a favour and extortion.

You have to report like a criminal on probation every 90 days.

There are all kinds of way people can and do settle in Europe for a fraction of 300,000.

As for South America - most people get a tourist visa from upwards of 180 days to start with - and visa runs are not a big deal.

There are few government programmes more maligned by international visa and asset protection consultants than the Thai Elite Card. For the sake of their own credibility, authorities should honour past obligations, close the programme down and deny all knowledge of it.