Tourist Visa Penang /2 Day Overstay

Just wondering if anyone thinks I will have any problems obtaining a Thai Tourist visa in Penang.

My situation is that my current Visa (Non Immigrant 'O' expires) on the 24th of June, it has been fully extended by the allowed 14 days and 7 days.

Unfortunately I'm unable to leave Thailand until the 26th June because of other commitments.

Will there be any problems getting a Multiple entry Thai Tourist Visa with a 2 day overstay in my passport?

British Citizen.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by johnboi

Will there be any problems getting a Multiple entry Thai Tourist Visa with a 2 day overstay in my passport?

It will be impossible ........ because a multi-entry tourist visa does not exist!!

Best you can hope for is a triple (3 x 60 day stays) valid for 6 months if the man is in a good mood, otherwise you'll end up with a double entry.

Can you not spare the time for a border run?? Overstaying by even 2 days can get you deported if you don't make it to the airport, but it's unlikely to affect whether you can get a visa or not.

I know you've heard it before but, rule number one for staying in Thailand, don't overstay, ever.

It will be impossible ........ because a multi-entry tourist visa does not exist!!

Best you can hope for is a triple (3 x 60 day stays) valid for 6 months if the man is in a good mood, otherwise you'll end up with a double entry.

Can you not spare the time for a border run?? Overstaying by even 2 days can get you deported if you don't make it to the airport, but it's unlikely to affect whether you can get a visa or not.

I know you've heard it before but, rule number one for staying in Thailand, don't overstay, ever.

Yeah thats what I meant triple or double entry tourist visa.

Unfortunatley I can't do a visa run. As my business in the UK requires i'm available online between the hrs of 3pm to Midnight up until the 26th June. Plus I don't believe i'd be allowed back into Thailand on my automatic 30 day visa unless i have a booked flight out of the country.

Edited by johnboi

Yeah thats what I meant triple or double entry tourist visa.

Unfortunatley I can't do a visa run. As my business in the UK requires i'm available online between the hrs of 3pm to Midnight up until the 26th June. Plus I don't believe i'd be allowed back into Thailand on my automatic 30 day visa unless i have a booked flight out of the country.

Such is life, better planning required next time :o

The requirement for confirmed onward travel is only ever enforced by airlines, you would have no trouble at a land border :D