Thai neighbour regularly abuses his girlfriend/wife

kandi

Dont get involved unless you are Nicholas Cage trying to make a sequel to Bkk dangerous.

She has obviously done something to cause him to bash her. Maybe she burnt the rice??

If its too loud just play the rocky theme song full blast.

Sent from my c64

There is no excuse for violence against someone who can't hit back.

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you most of you for your aggressive replies and proving my point; West confrontational, Thai reaction, immediate or later.

If immediate you had better be younger than me, if later some diplomacy might be an aid.

Just do not get involved if you are a farang, black belt or not.

Are you involved to try to solve a problem or to intensify it?

Sure going in fists flying will end sadly for you, one way or another!

Dont get involved unless you are Nicholas Cage trying to make a sequel to Bkk dangerous.

She has obviously done something to cause him to bash her. Maybe she burnt the rice??

If its too loud just play the rocky theme song full blast.

icon_confused.gifblink.pngerror.gifarsch.gifnono.gif

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am wondering what martial art it is you do,Origami ,prehaps?
You really want to know? Or just taking the Mick ?

Ok from age 9 judo to age 18 then went to the army and did the usual.. then went to Japan and trained for 3 years under Sensei Toru Yamaguchi after which I studied Aikido.. i worked for many years in various security forces and also as personal bodyguard . Any more Questions ?...

Unfortunately, when Thais want a revenge, they use a gun, does a martial art protect you ?

It depends on you , what level training you have had , and how close you are to the person pointing a gun/knife/broken bottle etc... at you.

Yes it is possible to disarm the assailant quiet easily ..however...In general terms if someone points a gun at you and you don't know how to handle it ...run... or don't get into that situation in the first place !

Can you let us know how to disarm someone with a gun at close range?

Is it the x or y button?

Sent from my c64

Thank you most of you for your aggressive replies and proving my point; West confrontational, Thai reaction, immediate or later.

If immediate you had better be younger than me, if later some diplomacy might be an aid.

This is not about aggressiveness .. This is about WOMAN or CHILDREN being abused hurt or worse.. anyone who does so in my presence better run and quickly, whether in thailand or elsewhere is completely irrelevant !

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

Ok from age 9 judo to age 18 then went to the army and did the usual.. then went to Japan and trained for 3 years under Sensei Toru Yamaguchi after which I studied Aikido.. i worked for many years in various security forces and also as personal bodyguard . Any more Questions ?...

Unfortunately, when Thais want a revenge, they use a gun, does a martial art protect you ?

It depends on you , what level training you have had , and how close you are to the person pointing a gun/knife/broken bottle etc... at you.

Yes it is possible to disarm the assailant quiet easily ..however...In general terms if someone points a gun at you and you don't know how to handle it ...run... or don't get into that situation in the first place !

Is it the x or y button?

Sent from my c64

It takes training my young jedi ... and loads of it ...combined with real life combat experience ... so finish you're beer and go do some studying if you are serious which I doubt you are !

You knob.. You are going to go to a strangers house in thialand and stick your nose in... A spinning roundhouse in slow motion wont do shit to a gun. Might work being a hero in London but not here.

I love this bit " i am fortunate to have a martial arts background". Haha does this mean you can use chop sticks or have you watched Bruce Lee?

Sent from my c64

An experience street fighter nine times out of ten will beat a karate black belt. Remember, there are no rules in street fighting as there is in Karate fighting.

May I point out I am referring to the UK here. I do not know what the situation in Thailand would be regarding martial arts, as many Thais are at there best when they have odds of about six to one.

Is it the x or y button?

Sent from my c64

It takes training my young jedi ... and loads of it ...combined with real life combat experience ... so finish you're beer and go do some studying if you are serious which I doubt you are !

Your talking rolox chum................coffee1.gif

This is not about aggressiveness .. This is about WOMAN or CHILDREN being abused hurt or worse.. anyone who does so in my presence better run and quickly, whether in thailand or elsewhere is completely irrelevant !

You knob.. You are going to go to a strangers house in thialand and stick your nose in... A spinning roundhouse in slow motion wont do shit to a gun. Might work being a hero in London but not here.

I love this bit " i am fortunate to have a martial arts background". Haha does this mean you can use chop sticks or have you watched Bruce Lee?

Sent from my c64

An experience street fighter nine times out of ten will beat a karate black belt. Remember, there are no rules in street fighting as there is in Karate fighting.

May I point out I am referring to the UK here. I do not know what the situation in Thailand would be regarding martial arts, as many Thais are at there best when they have odds of about six to one.

Of course traditional Karate is pretty useless in street fights, in fact most martial arts with the exception of Aikido are being taught in the west is nothing more than a toned down defence only version, which was agreed upon by the various governments when martial arts forms where first introduced to western civilisation.

However combining different styles coupled with experience outside of a western dojo will help you develop not only the nessesary confidence but gives you valuable experiences that serve you well when in a confrontational situation. This includes street fights or so called dirty fighting which is basically the real propper stuff that actually works !

• Like 1

You are missing my point and always will; hot wired.

I know ways to solve the problem and it is not your way!

I stated before, that Thailand is basically a close knit family network.

To get involved directly as a farang is suicide for you and more hurt if not death to those you wish to protect.

The police are not there to provide any protection. The only protectors are the godfathers, ever watched the films?

They will make an offer the culprit cannot refuse!

Kung <deleted> king is laughed at, it is all connections!

Sent from my c64

Of course traditional Karate is pretty useless in street fights, in fact most martial arts with the exception of Aikido are being taught in the west is nothing more than a toned down defence only version, which was agreed upon by the various governments when martial arts forms where first introduced to western civilisation.

However combining different styles coupled with experience outside of a western dojo will help you develop not only the nessesary confidence but gives you valuable experiences that serve you well when in a confrontational situation. This includes street fights or so called dirty fighting which is basically the real propper stuff that actually works !

And gun beats both... We are not talking about uk or where ever you warriors live. Ppl here have guns, some foreigner going to a thai persons door to tell him to stop beating his misses... What will happen if they loose face and have gun. Game over.

Ps this chest beating boosting is very entertaining guys.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

Everyone has their own way .. my way is not nessesarily you're way...however I like to see you talk someone beating his wife or gf out of it ! There are times when all talking stops !

I have the same problem across the street. Guy scares the crap out of his kids and I can hear the slaps on his wife a mile away. Usually once a month. My wife gets really upset and first time asked if I could do something about it.

I could easily take this guy in a fair fight, but he looks the type to have a massive knife or gun, that's not to talk of whose side the BiB will take when they arrive.

So unfortunately I also do not get involved. We do greet the lady and my wife gives her the knowing look - so she knows we know, if things went FUBAR I would call a friend who is very connected. But for now I bite my fist.

Everyone has their own way .. my way is not nessesarily you're way...however I like to see you talk someone beating his wife or gf out of it ! There are times when all talking stops !

Yes just after you get shot in the head.. You usually dont say another word.

Sent from my c64

Sent from my c64

And gun beats both... We are not talking about uk or where ever you warriors live. Ppl here have guns, some foreigner going to a thai persons door to tell him to stop beating his misses... What will happen if they loose face and have gun. Game over.

Sent from my c64

I live here right in the middle of BKK since you must know and yes you're right people have guns... everywhere not just in thailand !

Sent from my c64

Sent from my c64

I live here right in the middle of BKK since you must know and yes you're right people have guns... everywhere not just in thailand !

Tell me how it goes then when you go stick your nose into a thai persons business in his own home.

Sent from my c64

Sent from my c64

You obviously have never had a gun pointed at you and i hope you don't have to experience it. ..but there is a huge difference between pointing and pulling the trigger.. plus these gun wielding maniacs don't usually have accuracy on their side either ..anyway you have your opinions and others have theirs.. i never said turn into Rambo ! So I thing we should agree to disagree !

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

You obviously have never had a gun pointed at you and i hope you don't have to experience it. ..but there is a huge difference between pointing and pulling the trigger.. plus these gun wielding maniacs don't usually have accuracy on their side either ..anyway you have your opinions and others have theirs.. i never said turn into Rambo ! So I thing we should agree to disagree !

I am curious is steam coming out of your ears yet,you have certainly worked yourself up into a frenzy,but carry on i am enjoying your posts.

Sent from my c64

No you never said Rambo.. I think it was Bruce Lee.

Now you are saying pointing and pulling the trigger are you serious. Really dude you are sounding more and more like a knob..

Have had a gun pointed at me..enough said really. I wish you were there.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

I do not support the "don't get involved" position but some cuation of course is warranted in how you deal with it.

The best thing, if you can convince your gf to do it, is for her to talk to this woman and pass on to her the following information of where she can get free and anonymous help:

- If alcohol or drug use is a factor in the abuse (often the case), Al-Anon http://al-anonthailand.org/?page_id=33 She will be able to talk with women who have had the exact same problem and get support and advice, all confidential and free

- for confidential counseling and other help regardless of whether alcohol/drugs are involved: (including a safe place to stay if she ever needs it), Foundation for Women http://www.womenthai.org/eng/?page_id=2

In addition I suggest that you:

- call the building manager/guards as applicable to complain anytime there is shouting loud enough to be heard in your unit

-call the police anytime there are clear sounds of a physical fight

The police will not do anything in terms of arresting the man unless they find the woman seriously injured but their arrival, like the manager/guards coming up, will call at least a temporary halt and usually things will cool down after that. It will happen again and again, of course, but at least someone throws cold water onto it each time, could well save her life.

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

No you never said Rambo.. I think it was Bruce Lee.

Now you are saying pointing and pulling the trigger are you serious. Really dude you are sounding more and more like a knob..

Have had a gun pointed at me..enough said really. I wish you were there.

Sent from my c64

You don't understand the difference.. and that's ok ..i never said anything about bruce lee ..go back and reread if you like .. whatever your opinion is not really relevant to me ...

Guns are everywhere here.

Any one who has been conscripted in the forces can leave with a gun.

Vocational students make them.

The rich just buy them.

I know who has guns in my family and they are not people who would use them, but if push came to shove!

If it were a farang unfortunate enough to be involved, the cover up would be fast.

But if you fancy your chances, then " make it your day!"

So if Mike Tyson whacked his wife and you were about, you reckon he would run, nope, he'd cave your head in with one punch if you went anywhere near him.

Like to see you approach a 7 foot wrestler too, your Shotokan would be useless, and the result would be bad for you, having studied Shotokan with a master in Japan, he should have told you that already

Talking about about your prowess, is absolutely pointless on an anonymous internet forum you're probably 70 years old with a bad hip

• Like 1

I agree with billybobthai and Thaiberius - have gf write the anon letter and have her drop it at the mgr's office...see if that works.... and read Thaiberius's post.... gun or knife may come at you real quick- the guy could be drunk or high on something that you don't want to meet face to face