Sept 11 museum opens to relatives and survivors

David48

Sept 11 museum opens to relatives and survivors

622x350.jpg

People attend the Dedication Ceremony of the National September 11 Memorial Museum in the museum's Foundation Hall on Thursday, May 15, 2014 in New York.

NEW YORK (AP) — Tears in her eyes, firefighter widow Maureen Fanning emerged Thursday from the new Sept. 11 museum deep beneath ground zero, unable to bring herself to look at all of it.

"I just think it would be a little too overwhelming today," she said, unsure when she would return. "It's a lot to digest, to absorb. Not anytime soon."

Victims' friends and relatives, rescue workers and survivors of the terrorist attack descended into the subterranean space and revisited the tragedy as the National Sept. 11 Memorial Museum was dedicated by President Barack Obama as a symbol that says of America: "Nothing can ever break us."

Source: http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Obama-first-lady-tour-Sept-11-museum-5479476.php#photo-6306834

--Houston Chronicle 2014-05-16

Well, as an American, and first to respond to this article, it is good that a new WTC has been errected in the place of the demolished one. This museum has been somewhat controversial regarding the anti-islamic tones. So be it since it was supposedly the islamic extremists who created all of this problem.

I have also been following some other people, which claim 9/11 was a false flag and the Israels were behind it all. Who knows since WW Tower 9 was also fallen without being hit by an airplane or missle and it fell at the rate of being implodded. Check it out on the web.

With other US coverups going on, including Bengahi, IRS, NSA, Fast and Furious, et al, who knows what the truth is at this point. Really, I do not care since I cannot do anything about it and no longer is an effect on me since the US is no longer my homeland due to some of these reasons, taxes among them.

Its horrifying to think that so many "first responders" will die because of the initial reaction of the Congress was to refuse them treatment on the grounds that it would cost too much money and then they gleefully supported the creation of this museum dedicated, in part, to these very people?

The US sounds like a very, very strange place! blink.pngbah.gif

It is nearly impossible to build a memorial that is going to be satisfactory to everyone. Even the beautiful Vietnam War Memorial drew criticism because it was designed by an Asian person.

A memorial needs to exist for the memory of those that died. It cannot satisfy all of the survivors or family members.